GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > BlackBerry (RIM)

BlackBerry (RIM) Blackberry phones discussion, firmwares, tutorial, media, repairs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 19:40   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 893550
Thanks Meter: 139
blackberry 8700v read mep problem plzz help????

requsted sir,i fecd 2 days 8700v read mep code i will try more mep read software but no read mep.i try whitout cable read mep prosses but no result.when i flashd phone with latest version of blackberry frimware but no show mep code plzz give me help .

thanks
Old 10-23-2010, 20:04   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 49581
Thanks Meter: 73
password in phone?

maybe give the Company Name of the Blackberry here, someone may know which MEP is it ...
Old 10-25-2010, 06:11   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
password in phone?

maybe give the Company Name of the Blackberry here, someone may know which MEP is it ...
thanks
pin:24fedeb5
ic:2503a-rat40gw
fcc id:larat40gw
made in hungary
Old 10-25-2010, 06:33   #4 (permalink)

Member: 1421096
Thanks Meter: 0
I moved to the Blackberry from the Sidekick, as the Sidekick was a closed platform. Applications to do SSH and IRC (the only thing I really care about) were available on the Blackberry, and for the most part I've been happy.

My old Blackberry basically wore out and I picked up what was labelled as a new unlocked 8700 from feeBay. It turns out it's locked. And it's depressing, a headache.

There are a million services offering the ability to generate the MEP code from the IMEI serial number. How are they doing this? Is it a lookup table, or is it mathematical?

My "new" unit is a Cingular branded phone. I downloaded the TMobile desktop program, and the OS update for the TMobile platform. I was hoping to move the OS to TMobile, and then hoping it would be locked to T-Mobile SIMs. At first the desktop manager refused to upgrade the phone, as it's the wrong carrier. I got around this and got it to update the OS with the file from TMobile onto the Cingular sold device. The graphics did not seem change to Tmobile ones, after I got it to actually boot again (it was no smooth.) At first it didn't seem to want to execute the code, hanging at a twirling hourglass. I think restoring the previous settings seemed to load some app security crap that made it go. In the end the OS version matches but it doesn't look like a t-mobile phone and still rejects the t-mobile SIM.

Does anyone know how the security features are handled? Is the MEP/SIM unlock stuff set in eeprom or flash? Is it definitely not done in software?

How do these other guys generate unlock codes? Did they reverse the firmware and OS? I haven't looked to see how the OS binaries are packed, and if IDA Pro supports whatever processor is in the BBerry.

Everyone I know is switching to iphones, and I thought about bringing an iphone over to tmobile but to be honest I don't really want another closed platform, DRM encumbered device. I really hope mobile Ubuntu will make it onto the HTC products (removing Windows) or perhaps something will happen with OpenMoko, or Android.

But in the meantime, I'd love to have a free website where all blackberry users can go to unlock their own phones so they can use them where they want. I would find it funny to destroy the underground mobile unlocking business.

I don't buy the argument the carrier needs to make back the money as phones are sold at a loss. All phones are sold on a contract based system, and if some poor sap can't afford their account the carrier sells the debt to scum who will harass the customer into eternitiy, which means the carrier always gets paid for the device if the customer defaults or not. Mass quanity electronics are cheap to make, given you can buy a full laptop computer with Windows Vista at Walmart for the same price as a blackberry 8300 without contract.

Thoughts?

"Astrology Consultant
Vaastu Consultant
Pyramids Power
Best Production House
"
Old 10-25-2010, 11:08   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 723178
Thanks Meter: 37
Donate money to this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by hajukhan View Post
requsted sir,i fecd 2 days 8700v read mep code i will try more mep read software but no read mep.i try whitout cable read mep prosses but no result.when i flashd phone with latest version of blackberry frimware but no show mep code plzz give me help .

thanks
use this software and read
mep reder.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Old 10-25-2010, 13:21   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

thanks for reply

show allways reattech phone this soft...
Old 10-25-2010, 18:18   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 723178
Thanks Meter: 37
Donate money to this user
have you install desktopmanager
for driver need desktopmanager
Old 12-04-2010, 11:39   #8 (permalink)

Member: 440466
Thanks Meter: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hajukhan View Post

thanks
if ur blackberry is vodafone from england then its mep is MEP-06814-001

or try this mep i have done it successfully MEP-06814-001
The Following User Says Thank You to sooli For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2010, 18:45   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 269035
Sonork: 1,618,0786
Thanks Meter: 301
code mep for vodafone 8700v work with MEP-06814-001
100% TESTED
Old 05-19-2011, 13:33   #10 (permalink)