GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > BlackBerry (RIM)

BlackBerry (RIM) Blackberry phones discussion, firmwares, tutorial, media, repairs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 21:37   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1835958
Thanks Meter: 0
Blackberry 9900 works on three network only.

Ok guys here goes with my problem.

I have purchased a second had blackberry bold 9900 via ****. The phone is in perfect conditionan and was being used on the three network. At some stage the phone was made sim free also. I wish to use the phone on the virgin network. When I insert my sim it recognises it and says I am connected and shows signal strength etc but it will not make or receive calls. When I try I usually get the message "contact your provider to ensure this phone is authorised for use on the network" (or words to that effect).
I have tried O2 virgin Orange T mobile Vodafone Tesco and Giff gaff sims but I get the same with all of them.. ..when you make a call and listen the phone just beeps a couple of times and then hangs up. I also got the message "phone not allowed MM6" off a couple of the sims (orange O2 and Voda I think.)
My initial research all pointed to the phone being barred. However I have been assure by Virgin and Three that the phone is not lost/stolen ect it is fully authoried for use....This is obviously confirmed by the fact that the phone works perfectly on the three network only.....
Does anyone have any ideas please...I can obvioulsy rule out most issues by the fact that the three network works fine..i.e. antenna/reception issues. I have been told that three work off a different frequency to other networks...could that be something? I am also wondering if the sim unlocking when it was done could have had something to do with it.
I have wiped / upgraded the operating system from 7.0 to 7.1 and that has made no differnce either.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Gary
Old 11-06-2012, 21:39   #2 (permalink)

Just to add. The seller who I purchased it off was very apologetic and has offered me a full refund so I know there is nothing dodgy going on....IMEI nmbers are spot on internal and external match exactly.
Old 11-07-2012, 15:22   #3 (permalink)

Does anyone have any ideas ?
Old 11-07-2012, 17:11   #4 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 1731547
Thanks Meter: 24
check the policy status on options/security status information/
when some is enabled wipe phone to factory

use javaloader.exe -u resettofactory

javaloader easy to find in google

or check the bands network and connections/mobile network/ network mode
maby is only 3g set and virgin don't use it
Old 11-07-2012, 19:24   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 345002
Thanks Meter: 30
your phone is barred / blocked
Old 11-09-2012, 21:06   #6 (permalink)

Update guys....Yes it is blocked...Bloody stupid that both Three and Virgin assured me it was not.....This caused me a lot of wasted time as obviously you would think they should know ...especially when it is blocked on their own network....
Old 11-09-2012, 23:14   #7 (permalink)

Member: 1778627
Ive used different websites to check IMEI and the best way Ive found is to try and sell it on eghey ! It will give u an option of entering the IMEI and if its barred it wont let u go further . eghey connects directly to the checkmend database

CheckMEND :: The UK's largest consumer electronics background reports service