Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums. |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
|BlackBerry (RIM) Blackberry phones discussion, firmwares, tutorial, media, repairs.|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|06-15-2010, 14:57||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2010
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Changing IMEI failed?
Hi all, I've spent 2 days searching for guides and tutorials of how to change the IMEI and PIN of my Bold 9000. I found it, it went all good and smooth, it actually was quite simple. Anyway, I've changed my IMEI with another one found on my old 7290, which was fully working and was able to register with BIS , on my bold I was able to call but the EDGE icon was lowercase, can you tell me why is that? Is it my fault? Should I try rewriting it using a generated code based on my old IMEI and PIN?
|06-15-2010, 16:05||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Thanked 52 Times in 38 Posts
Connect your BB and make a back-up of anything on it you would like to keep as we will be erasing its contents including the OS.
First, you will need these softwares:
Copy of OS you want on your device- You must have this.
MFI Multiloader-Need all parts of multiloader.
Do a google search for the software. There are many torrents for the Multiloader.
1. Install the MFI Multiloader to your computer. You must install the complete program otherwise none of this will work. Do your research.
2. Connect your BB to your computer with usb cable. Do not start the desktop manager.
3. Open the MFI Multiloader, it will recognize your phone and will wipe all contents from the phone.
4. Look at the screen on your BB while the program is compiling, when the screen shows a large 1 in the upper left corner, close the multiloader. I repeat when you see a large 1 on your BB, close out the MFI Multiloader program.
5. Open the Radiolab Tool. It contains a program which looks similar to CDMA Workshop. Under the available views tab there is a tab marked ID. Highlight the ID tab.
6. Make sure your BB is still connected to your computer. Click the connect button located in the top left corner of the Radiolab Tool. On the lower screen it shoould say connected.
7. On the right screen you will see IMEI, BSN, BBPIN, and other lines. Click read on the IMEI line, it will read the IMEI from your phone. Replace the old IMEI with the new IMEI you want on your phone. Click write and it should be written to your phone.
8. On the BBPIN line click read. Replace the old BBPIN with your new Pin and click write.
9. After writing the pin click the disconnect button located next to the connect button on the radiolab tool.
10. Now all you have to do is load your OS back onto your BB. I used the loader /nojava method through the command prompt. You can try to load it with the apploader. It may or may not work, I kept to what worked for me.
Using this process I was able to successfully change the esn and pin on two 8330's. I was also able to change back to the original esn's and pin's.
One thing___You must have an esn and pin combination from RIM if you plan on ever registering with BIS/BES. Luckily I had a couple of damaged BB's I was able to use the esn/pin's off of to change out.
|06-16-2010, 21:56||#7 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2009
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks bro ''d1ulove'' good sharing of knowledge, keep it up, i expecting from you in future, as i new and i want to know more about BB.
|06-28-2010, 19:55||#9 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2008
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
|06-28-2010, 20:32||#10 (permalink)|
Join Date: May 2009
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I did it once, and it worked, but i had an issue trying to activate the phone with a new service provider. the imei is related to the pin, an the BIS does not accepted it.
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|what prog changes imei on 6110 and how do i do it?||Ravetrancer||Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 , DCT-2 , DCT-3 , DCT-L )||3||07-31-2012 20:09|
|Nokia 51xx/61xx imei changer ver. 1.10??????||Ravetrancer||Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 , DCT-2 , DCT-3 , DCT-L )||8||04-06-2012 16:22|
|6110 imei changer !!!!!!||Ravetrancer||Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 , DCT-2 , DCT-3 , DCT-L )||5||11-21-2011 00:44|
|ESN Change||OGOMEZ||Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 , DCT-2 , DCT-3 , DCT-L )||0||09-21-1999 23:56|
|Imei||Arnis||Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 , DCT-2 , DCT-3 , DCT-L )||1||09-15-1999 02:38|