GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Game Consoles & Mp3/4 , HD players

Game Consoles & Mp3/4 , HD players Repairing and servicing Mp4, Mp3 devices, HD players.. you may also find here any threads related to Game Consoles devices like Wii, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo .. etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 04:46   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1035797
Thanks Meter: 351
NINTENDO DS/DSi/DSl R4 Cards Softwares

DS Card Software Downloads

So you have bought your R4DS Card but you can not get it to work. The main culprit for this problem is that you have not realised that you need to find and download the software that is required before your device will work. Basically your Nintendo DS Card is shipped withoput its operating system. We think this is due to legal reasons but worry not because the process is really quite simple and we have outlined exactly what you need to do to get your R4DS Card working, or your DSTT or M3DSReal for that matter, on our how to page which can be found by clicking on the menu item above for the card that you own or intend to buy.
To make your life easier we have found all the latest versions of the various kernel software required to make your R4DS, or other DS Card of choice, work for you. Please choose the correct download for your particular card and install to your micro sd card. Check the readme files contained in the downloads for the correct place to put the files. Usually though you just unzip these files to your PC and then copy the entire contents of the extracted files to the root of the micro sd card.
NOTE: There are various versions of the SDHC cards - Seemingly made by different factories. They each require there own version of the software so make sure you download the right version for your card. We have three listed below, the original one is first. If there is no mention of the word upgrade or version III then this is most likely the one you need. However if you get issues try them all. Bear in mind that this list is not extensive and there are other SDHC versions out there too

COLDgin

R4 DS V21.18 (Latest) This is the latest version and we have heard rumours that this is the last version!
http://www.r4dscards.co.uk/software/...2%20(1.18).zip

R4 DS V21.10 this version is packed full of other goodies, such as a ROM Trimmer, R4 Manual, Cheat code editor etc
http://www.r4dscards.co.uk/software/...2%20(1.10).zip

R4 DS V33.08
http://www.r4dscards.co.uk/software/...3%20(3.08).zip

R4 SDHC1.25This is the classic original SDHC card - check your box for this card. If there is no mention of the word 'upgrade' or 'version III' then this is the software you most likely need
http://www.r4dscards.co.uk/software/r4sdhc.zip

R4 SDHC (Version III)3.10The SDHC Version III - the box will have upgrade version III, or version III upgrade or similar. Basically if there is a version III in the title then this is most likely the software you need.
http://www.r4dscards.co.uk/software/r4sdhcIII.zip

R4 SDHC (Upgrade)1.09bThe SDHC upgrade version - look for the words 'upgrade' on the box but not the word 'version III'. Just upgrade on its own.
http://www.r4dscards.co.uk/software/r4sdhcupgrade.zip

R4i2.0
http://www.r4dscards.co.uk/software/r4i.zip

R4i Upgrade1.09b
http://www.r4dscards.co.uk/software/r4i%20upgrade.zip

R4 EDGE1.34
http://www.r4dscards.co.uk/software/EDGE.zip

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coldGin For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 09-02-2009, 07:19   #2 (permalink)

Member: 1109964
Thanks Meter: 9
im currently using R4DS . . . and my advise is not the spring loaded ones . . . it is easily broken . . . =D
Old 11-17-2009, 18:34   #3 (permalink)

Member: 1162341
Sonork: benchz
Thanks Meter: 0
great sharing, thanks so much
Old 11-17-2009, 18:44   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 264366
Thanks Meter: 29
i have one Ds and when i power it on the Ds just show loading and stuck here , with the R4 plugged in , if i remove it (R4) it power on normally .
So the pb is with R4 , is there anyway to fix it please ? ? ?
Old 11-18-2009, 03:30   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnreza View Post
i have one Ds and when i power it on the Ds just show loading and stuck here , with the R4 plugged in , if i remove it (R4) it power on normally .
So the pb is with R4 , is there anyway to fix it please ? ? ?
just use the right software for your r4 card
Old 11-18-2009, 04:50   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 4021
Thanks Meter: 782
i have r4 here and e7 im trying to have it work for NSDi, will these cards work on the DSi?? coz i tried it for a couple of times and its not working, probably i dont have the right software inside it...

please guide me, thanks!

br
Old 11-19-2009, 03:18   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

for other R4 Cards info

http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp

http://www.r4dsrevolution.co.uk/down...tware-firmware

http://www.r4dscards.co.uk/

http://www.nds-gear.co.uk/firmware/s...download.shtml

Using Your DS Card
Important note: NDS-Gear can only guarantee these support notes and downloads are relevant for cards purchased from the NDS-Gear website. There may be alternate versions of cards that exist from different sources - we only source our cards from tried and reliable sources and import directly, to save YOU, the consumer, money!
Before you can use your card for the first time, please follow our simple step-by-step guide to set up your Micro-SD memory. Also note that 4GB and above Micro-SDHC memory only works with some cards, while 2GB Micro-SD memory works with any card.
1. Download Software
Depending on your card, download the below ZIP files (choose the one that's correct for your card) to your computer. It contains the menu files for your card. Menu files will only work on one type of card, i.e. R4DS files will NOT work for an DSTT/EZFlash Vi/EDGE DS, etc.

DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE FOR CURRENT CARDS:
R4i SDHC including Moonshell 2 (22.4MB)
M3i Zero (13.9MB)
EZFlash Vi including Moonshell (4.4MB)
Acekard2i (5.7MB)
DSTT (1.3MB)
R4 SDHC including Moonshell 2 (34.8MB) DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE FOR RETIRED CARDS (No longer supported by NDS-Gear):
R4i (Red) including Moonshell (22.1MB)
R4i (Gold) including Moonshell (19.7MB)
Original R4DS / R4v2 including Moonshell (5.1MB)
Unofficial (Newer) R4v2 Software including Moonshell (4.4MB)
EDGE including Moonshell (4.4MB)
N5 (8.4MB)
M3DS Real (7.2MB)
DOWNLOAD ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE (OPTIONAL):

DPGTools [for converting video files to .dpg format] (6.5MB)
NOTE: Please read the "Converting video files for DS" guide BEFORE downloading DPGTools to learn how to use it. You do not need to put these files onto your DS console.

Moonshell for DS [to play MP3s/movies etc.] (2.0MB)
2. Open Download
Open the compressed folder and save the files on your computer or to the desktop. The download may contain several files and folders.
3. Plug in Micro-SD Card
Using the USB card reader or the Micro-SD memory reader, connect the Micro-SD memory to your computer. The memory will show as an external hard drive (i.e. "F:\").
4. Format Micro-SD Card
This step is important, please make sure you follow the instructions closely. After Windows has added the card as a new drive, open the "My Computer" window and right click on the new removable drive. Then select "Format" from the menu. In the format window select FAT32 as file system and press OK to format the card.
All content on the Micro-SD card is now deleted and the card is ready for the use with your card. If you have important data on the Micro-SD memory make sure you save the data somewhere else (i.e. your local hard drive) before you complete this step.
4. Copy files to Micro-SD memory
Copy / drag-and-drop the items previously unzipped to the newly formatted MicroSD memory.
5. Add Media to Micro-SD card Copy your media directly onto the Micro-SD memory. This completes the setup process. You can now insert the Micro-SD memory into your DS card and start using it with your Nintendo DS / DS Lite.
Old 11-26-2009, 15:01   #8 (permalink)

Member: 1170149
Thanks Meter: 0
Hi There

I am having a few problems and also got some questions. One is that some of the games do not work on the r4 card for ds is there any solutions?? I heard that if i bought a different card they may work on the ds is this true if so which one there are so many and just havent got a clue. Could it be i havent got an up to date kernel?? My daughter is really frustrated thatthe some games wont work lol

Also i am buying a dsi can i use same r4 card or do i need a different type of card? If so which on is best
Old 12-18-2009, 07:50   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

GEi Revolution for DS/DSi/DSlite

●Support SDHC memory cards ( compatibility up to 32GB) ;
●Change language of menu as you want without any limit;
●As same size and thickness as original card;
●No need to flash. Build-in launch Slot-2 (gba) function(NDSL only);
●Support DMA read and no lag when using any microSD card;
●Support FAT16 and FAT32. Can transfer files with PC, PDA, Cellphone and Camera;
●Support clean rom and drag-drop to play. Fast loading;
●Support NDS and iDS games. Run iDS games on any version of DS;
●Write save files to TF card directly and no need manual backup or restore them;
●Auto save type detection and no need to update save type list database;
●Support moonshell and home brew;
●Power saving design. Enter optimization mode automatically;
●Double screen UI. Support display thumbnails of games;
●Easy to use and setting;
●Support button and touch operation both;
●Support Wi-Fi and rumble package and browser expansion(NDSL only);
●Support change back ground picture of menu;
●Support change font color of menu;
●Support brightness adjust (DS Lite only);<Function onboard>
●Support soft-reset;
●Support AR cheat code;
●Support soft-reset of moonshell (back to main menu of GEi) ;
●Support DLDI auto-patching;
●Support Download play

GEi V2.0 Kernel Download Software
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coldGin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2010, 03:55   #10 (permalink)

Member: 1201620
Thanks Meter: 1
a software for nds

i find a free software named DS happy box for ds console and r4 card,it can download games and movies for free using ds happy box. For more details: http://www.nds9.com/happyboxs/
The Following User Says Thank You to jick163 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2010, 18:04   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 613113
Thanks Meter: 21
Need help with my NDS,if i power it on the green led show only and NDS can't power on? Need solution,thanks in advance!
Old 01-23-2010, 03:13   #12 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by puumba View Post
Need help with my NDS,if i power it on the green led show only and NDS can't power on? Need solution,thanks in advance!
any history of ur unit before that happen?

check the ribbon from lcd to main board or if it is inserted correctly
Old 01-25-2010, 07:55   #13 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 613113
Thanks Meter: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldGin View Post
any history of ur unit before that happen?

check the ribbon from lcd to main board or if it is inserted correctly
I'm already checked but not work bro! I think it's a hardware problem bro. Need help
Old 01-26-2010, 05:28   #14 (permalink)

Member: 768287
Thanks Meter: 1
Talking asking

hhi guys i know im to faar to your topic please forgive me. i wanna konw if there have schematic diagram for nintendo dsi II? can you give me the link? tnkns advance.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:25   #15 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilda View Post
hhi guys i know im to faar to your topic please forgive me. i wanna konw if there have schematic diagram for nintendo dsi II? can you give me the link? tnkns advance.

Search Here

i'm also searchin