GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Game Consoles & Mp3/4 , HD players

Game Consoles & Mp3/4 , HD players Repairing and servicing Mp4, Mp3 devices, HD players.. you may also find here any threads related to Game Consoles devices like Wii, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo .. etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 17:45   #61 (permalink)

Member: 1452691
Thanks Meter: 0
Find possible fix

ok, my sisters psp had exacty the same problem, hangs at psp logo when game loading, freezes on recovery exit and reformat, unable to udgrade since it hangs too in psp logo, umd has clicking sound whenever powering up the psp.

SO.....
after reading thru this thread i had came up with something.....
warning though, i am not a technician or technically an expert on this matter,
and carefully read the problems i stated above for it may not work on different situations.....

what i did was openned apart my sisters psp, pls read guides on how to dismantle or take apart a psp and take special care when un plugging the lcd cables/ribbons please BE SURE THAT THE BATTERY IS OUT OR ANY POWER INPUT IS OUT before proceeding otherwise you'll electronically mess the backlight circuit (if it happens, you need to bypass/jumper the backlight fuse).

after removing the lcd remove the lcd metal holder too so the main motherboard appears then remove the motherboard too...

then put a folded square centimeter or less piece of paper or cardboard just above the area where the umd black or gray switch should be popping tape in on the metal umd framing to cover the hole where that switch from the board is about to pop, then place back the board make sure that the switch is over that piece of paper...

put all together back and ensure contacts, except for the 2 ribbons from the umd, the orange from the lens reader and the green from the rotator so totally the umd is disabled....

put all together and see if it works...

may be possible to skip the putting of paper but i did it only once just to make sure so i did not test it without the paper... im too lazy but hope i can help XD
Old 01-13-2011, 20:27   #62 (permalink)

Member: 1492566
Man, can you believe this. I am having the exact same problem of the PSP freezing at the load screen and I came upon this thread.

Went to the load screen again where it hangs, then I gave my PSP a twist as someone here suggested and would you believe it? - There it goes past the hanging phase! Unbelievably weird!!!

It just doesn't feel right having to twist the thing, is there a more elegant and permanent solution to this problem?
Old 02-13-2011, 19:02   #63 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 325816
Thanks Meter: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebaby View Post
ok, my sisters psp had exacty the same problem, hangs at psp logo when game loading, freezes on recovery exit and reformat, unable to udgrade since it hangs too in psp logo, umd has clicking sound whenever powering up the psp.

SO.....
after reading thru this thread i had came up with something.....
warning though, i am not a technician or technically an expert on this matter,
and carefully read the problems i stated above for it may not work on different situations.....

what i did was openned apart my sisters psp, pls read guides on how to dismantle or take apart a psp and take special care when un plugging the lcd cables/ribbons please BE SURE THAT THE BATTERY IS OUT OR ANY POWER INPUT IS OUT before proceeding otherwise you'll electronically mess the backlight circuit (if it happens, you need to bypass/jumper the backlight fuse).

after removing the lcd remove the lcd metal holder too so the main motherboard appears then remove the motherboard too...

then put a folded square centimeter or less piece of paper or cardboard just above the area where the umd black or gray switch should be popping tape in on the metal umd framing to cover the hole where that switch from the board is about to pop, then place back the board make sure that the switch is over that piece of paper...

put all together back and ensure contacts, except for the 2 ribbons from the umd, the orange from the lens reader and the green from the rotator so totally the umd is disabled....

put all together and see if it works...

may be possible to skip the putting of paper but i did it only once just to make sure so i did not test it without the paper... im too lazy but hope i can help XD
Do u have any photoshoot or Image of that works
Old 03-05-2011, 04:29   #64 (permalink)

Member: 1497614
Sonork: jeboty
bro .. remove all the connection from the umd psp drive dats shall do it... pm me if its not working.........
Old 10-25-2013, 20:41   #65 (permalink)

Member: 593857
Quote:
Originally Posted by metraton View Post
Hi guys, i opened today an account to this forum to post the solution that i found, i was reading all threads in this forum about this problem `cause my psp has the same problem, freeze at boot screen, at the recovery menu when exiting, etc. i used pandora to install 3 different cfw the last that i have is 5.50 gen d3, created a new ID storage, played around with the NAND,etc, just to realize that the software is not the problem, well last night i turned on the psp, loaded a game, freezed at gameboot (the white screen with psp logo) waited a few minutes and try something that i tried before without success, i opened the umd drive, pushed back the little thing that make the psp read disk( the psp yet had the white screen) i pushed very(really very) hard the little thing( i don`n know how to name it in english, sorry my english is not very good) then voila!! the light from the memory stick began to blink the white screen gone away and the game loaded!!, i tested a few times and the games just load if you push the thing in the umd drive, if you prefer use a paper or a bit of cartoon to push so you could protect your finger, i don`t want to glue it `cause i don`t know if it just pushing or the hard press that i do. After a game begins never freeze again, but you have to press hard inside the umd every time you wanna boot a game or application. Remember test it with something to push it, try not to use your finger. Hope it helps.
OMG man, this worked for me, i just pressed the grey pin on UMD, but i pressed it not to hard, and the MS start reading!! I cant believe, u are the king!
Old 10-25-2013, 21:02   #66 (permalink)

Ok not too fast, i just tested PS1 games, and all worked good, but PSP games stuck after the white screen, dont know why. Hehe...
Old 10-26-2013, 04:22   #67 (permalink)

Here again to tell that i was able to update my PSP using this metode, now on 5.5 Gen D3 im able to play all games, the only problem is i need to press the ¨grey stick¨ to make the PSP read the MS card, i dont know what is this, if the game are playing so its not a motherboard problem, maybe a UMD reader problem? Well i think this will be one of the mysteries of PSP.

Thanks for all help from this thread, sorry for my BAD english.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:10   #68 (permalink)

So, after years someone have a fix for this? Pressing the grey stick are not working anymore, haha.
Old 07-25-2014, 13:44   #69 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 21937
Thanks Meter: 279
The problem is the graphic ic
Pressing on the board fixing it for short time
You need to reball the graphic ic
Old 07-26-2014, 00:23   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRABEL View Post
The problem is the graphic ic
Pressing on the board fixing it for short time
You need to reball the graphic ic
Thanks, did you tried to rehot this chip? Ill try it.
How do you know that this problem is the video ic?
Old 07-26-2014, 03:03   #71 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Fixed 1 or 2 I had by heating the chip

Others died while heating .... Maybe to heat.... But this days no more psp to fix....
Ppl buy the new street model it's cheaper then fixing
The Following User Says Thank You to TRABEL For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2014, 15:19   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Fixed 1 or 2 I had by heating the chip

Others died while heating .... Maybe to heat.... But this days no more psp to fix....
Ppl buy the new street model it's cheaper then fixing
I tried to heat the chip but no deal, i almost toasted this thing and dont worked, so i put a piece of plastic pressing the chip, now if i press the psp its boot the game... Well ill never understand how can this influence the game boot.
Old 07-26-2014, 15:50   #73 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Maybe you got layer broke on the mobo
Old 07-27-2014, 00:24   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Maybe you got layer broke on the mobo
Now its booting games but take some seconds to enter, when turn on the ms led start blinking very fast, than stop and turn on, haha, well its working.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:39   #75 (permalink)

Member: 1716852
Sonork: mandy
ahh try to remove battery and back it then try to posh right button and power a recovery menu is apears