GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > GPS devices , Navigators & Maps

GPS devices , Navigators & Maps Find here all threads related to Global Positioning Systems (GPS), Navigators, GPS receivers, Settings, Maps and GPS modes.. etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 23:42   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1166261
Sonork: 100.1623881
Thanks Meter: 266
Post forgot my pin no on tomtom xxl..how to reset ???

forgot my pin no on tomtom xxl..how to reset ???
Old 06-19-2012, 00:13   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 330579
Thanks Meter: 67,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos32 View Post
forgot my pin no on tomtom xxl..how to reset ???
Hello Carlos!
Check Here:
Reset when frozen or not starting up
Regards
Haicha
Old 06-19-2012, 01:58   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haicha View Post
Hello Carlos!
Check Here:
Regards
Haicha

SIR MY DEVICE IS TOMTOM IQ Routes edition.....y just need to reset pin pass on start up..y dont now how???
Old 06-19-2012, 19:03   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haicha View Post
Hello Carlos!
Check Here:
Regards
Haicha

hy bro...problem solve...tank´s for replay
Old 08-06-2013, 20:29   #5 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 670300
Thanks Meter: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos32 View Post
hy bro...problem solve...tank´s for replay
Carlos,, how did you remove the PIN/Password. I have a TT Go 720 which my friend didnt used for quite sometime. He had a password on it when we turn the GPS on. He do not remember the password and neither the email with which he registered. He gave me the GPS to keep and fix it and use it if I can. I gladly took it thinking I can fix it. He did buy it and not steal. I know that for sure.

So, I started searching different forums and below is what I found.

1. Send to TomTom and give them the email and other details so that they can unlock it. This is not possible as stated above.

2. I connected the Go720 to my computer and deleted everything. I did make the backup though. The name of the folder that has maps is "North_America_2GB". Then I used the "Clearflash" tool and then connect it to TT Home to update it. After the update is done I turned it on and it did turn on and said No Maps Found. This time it did not ask for password. Then I added the maps and when turned on it asked for the password.

3. I connected the Go720 again to the computer and deleted everything. (I made the backup though). So, now I have 2 different backups (1 in step 1 and one from here, step2). This time I reformatted the drive. After the reformat is done I connected to TT Home and did the update. After the update I did not put the maps and turned on. It did turn on and said No Maps Found. It did not ask for the password. Then I put the maps back in and turned it on, it asked for the password.

SO, I have been searching different forums and also this forum site. I am not able to find any post telling on how to remove the password. There is only company that is trying to sell their software that claims they can unlock the G0720 in less than 10 minutes. They also showed the video on Youtube. I do not want to pay for this. All other posts on the internet say about one thing that could be the device is stolen so they can not tell. IF there are 1000 requests to remove the password they all 1000 cant be all stolen. Atleast 1 of them is saying truth. So why there is not even single detailed post on how to unlock (remove the password) on Go 720?

Well, this is not a place for argument and neither do I want to. It will be an endless thread. All I need is for someone to guide me somewhere I can read about how to unlock/remove the password from TomTom Go 720.

Any help would be appreciated.