GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > GPS devices , Navigators & Maps

GPS devices , Navigators & Maps Find here all threads related to Global Positioning Systems (GPS), Navigators, GPS receivers, Settings, Maps and GPS modes.. etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 19:51   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1890152
Thanks Meter: 0
TOMTOM GO300 - My working configuration with latest navore and map

Hi all !

GO300: Read it !
----------------

After reading and testing "a lot", I would like to report you my working configuration !

If you have a "very old" TOMTOM GO300, then have a look hereafter:
You will get the LATEST Navcore on it (V9.465), running the LATEST MAP available (V9.00.xxxx), with IQ and ALG functionnalities normally not given on GO300, with Loquendo TTS voice (V7) and french computer voice, running without any problems.

From February 2013, this is:

1) Use the wonderfull DSA TOOL, available on the net:

- Last version is: dsa-2December2012.zip
- Download URL: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f491...e-maps-840972/ ( go to the last page, then back until you find it)
or http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/8983597-post4244.html
- Install the software, by running \dsa.app\dsa.msi

- NOTE: Java is a prerequisite for DSA. It may be installed from the Java Verification Page as outlined in the dsa help.
- HELP file available in C:\Program Files\dsa.app\Contents\Resources\Java\help\index.h tml

2) RUN DSA TOOL:

- Click on DSA icon to run it...
- From the interface, in the CAB section, select the line "9.465.1-2025.CAB-navcore-GO.cab"
- Select also the line "35-XL" in the next section.
- Click the "Tomtom" button and choice the output folder, where all files will be put.
- Check the "MB" check box, to add swap support and automated free memory boost. Its use is recommended for 32MB devices !! See stats at the end of the post !
- Next to the "BL" section, check the box if you want to display the LOG file on the screen. Could be usefull :-)

- Then finally click on the "Patch" button to start the generation of the TOMTOM navcore files...

==> The TOMTOM navcore will be downloaded, then the process start.
==> Check the output folder.

3) Install the TOMTOM navcore:

- From a blank formatted SD card, copy ALL the files from your output folder on the SDCARD.

4) Install a TOMTOM Map:

- For FRANCE, the latest map for GO300 with "IQ+ALG" functions is V900.4611. You can find it on this site web, and activate it (FAST activate tool is perfect).
Current version is: FastActivate_13.02.2013.rar
- Copy the activated MAP (/France) on the SD card also.

5) Install LOQUENDO TTS V7.5 + voice:

Engine:
- Download the Latest LOQUENDO Engine file V7.x: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f491.../index290.html
- Extract and copy all the files in the /LoquendoTTS folder on your SD card.

Voices (FRANCE):
- Download the Latest French female voice from TOMTOM web site: http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/tts...e-Juliette.cab
or man voice: http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/tts...le-Bernard.cab
- Extract and copy all the files in the /LoquendoTTS folder on your SD card.

==> At this step, your TOMTOM is already OK for testing....

Optional stuf:
--------------

6) New TOMTOM GO300 bootloader:

==> If you know what is a bootloader and all information/problems regarding its "modification", then continue to read this part !!!

Note: Upgrading TomTom Bootloader is as simple as dangerous.
The file "system" basically contains the bootloader code.
During the startup, the active bootloader check the presence of a "system" file in the Memory (MMC or SD or Internal memory) and, if it exist and is newer than the installed one, it upgrade itself.
If no "system" file is found, the bootloader continue the boot sequence normally.

My GO300 use the bootloader "V55259", without any problem ( this version is included in Navcore starting 9.022 (go XXX ) ).

Just find it on a web site, and put the "system" file on the root of your sdcard. On next reboot, the booloader will be installed...definitely...

7) GPS ephemeris file => Chip Sirf Star 3:

- Download the lastest file here: http://home.tomtom.com/download/Ephe...I&devicecode=2
==> File = Ephemeris.cab => packedephemeris.ee + ee_meta.txt

- Extract and copy all the files in the /ephem folder on your SD card.

99) Cleanup/optimization:

- Remove the folder /ASR : Used for voice recognition not available on GO300.
and also these files on the root of the SD card: libaec_55.so, libaec_60.so and libaec_60_2.so set of files, speech (hands-free) related.

- Remove the folder /extras: Contains additional tool from DSA. If not used, you can remove these 2 folders.
and /SdkRegistry

- Remove the folder /gns: Used for RDS/TMC tuner. If not used, you can remove this folder.
and also these files on the root of the SD card: fm2010parameters and fmsignal set of files, related to FM transmission.

- Remove the folder /licenses: Contains licenses text files.
- Remove the folder /TomTom-Cfg: Contains DSA TOOL release info.
- Remove these 3 files on the root of the SD card: : connect2internet.db, connect2internetdb.ver and connect2internet.so set of files, related to the wireless setup.

100) Conclusion:

You will get this:

DeviceVersionHW=GO 300
RamDiskVersion=20120927
BootLoaderVersion=55259
LinuxVersion=842337 ( Without "MB" box checked)
LinuxVersion=547200 ( With "MB" box checked)
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9465
GPSFirmwareVersion=2.4.13.03-XIAC2.0.2-C3PROD1.0
CurrentMap=france
CurrentMapVersion=900.4611

- Navigation compatibility:
IQ Route and ALG.

- LoquendoTTS V7.x:
Voice = juliette - FR

- DSA Tool configuration:
File: /skin/reskin = 35-XL;35-XL

- RAM usage statistic (without "MB" switch check on DSA interface):
RAM available= ~4.2 Mo after driving 30 minutes.

- RAM usage statistic (with "MB" switch check on DSA interface):
RAM available= ~9.5 Mo after driving 30 minutes !

Many thanks to DSA8310 and BMWDRIVER for their help :-)
If it can help people, then I m happy... :-)

Foxmulder06
FRANCE
Old 07-12-2013, 22:10   #2 (permalink)

Member: 1977825
Thanks a lot for your post! I've updated my go300 with your manual I Used to run it with navcore 9.026 and map 885. Now it's 9.465 and map 905.4754 Used the dutch voices for tts from another site.

I do have a problem with the gps connection. My Go300 can't catch up the route at speed, although it's connected with 8 satellites...
I think the Go300 has got a sirf star 2 chip ..... could it be that the files for ephemeris folder should be other than posted? (By the way, updated my bootloader also to the same as yours)

thanks instead for your post.
Old 01-26-2014, 16:21   #3 (permalink)

Member: 2114863
Is it possible to find list of voices? Your link is just France