GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > GPS devices , Navigators & Maps

GPS devices , Navigators & Maps Find here all threads related to Global Positioning Systems (GPS), Navigators, GPS receivers, Settings, Maps and GPS modes.. etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2014, 16:08   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2180106
Thanks Meter: 0
Angry TomTom XL Reinstall

Hi folks,
A newbie here.
Bought a used TomTom XL online. Did something wrong, and maps got deleted. Don't have a backup on tomtom Home. Since then, spent a whole day and possibly did everything i could, to no avail. Download Australia_915_5110 maps(installer) from the website, but after asking for the preferences, the XL gives me the message "no maps found". Kind of clueless as to what I am doing wrong.
I am not after the latest maps, any Australian maps compatible with my device will do.
Do not know what fast activate/navcore/meta is !

Any help that gets my tomtom to do what it is supposed to is much appreciated.
Old 05-04-2014, 17:32   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1996160
Thanks Meter: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyouzick View Post
Hi folks,
A newbie here.
Bought a used TomTom XL online. Did something wrong, and maps got deleted. Don't have a backup on tomtom Home. Since then, spent a whole day and possibly did everything i could, to no avail. Download Australia_915_5110 maps(installer) from the website, but after asking for the preferences, the XL gives me the message "no maps found". Kind of clueless as to what I am doing wrong.
I am not after the latest maps, any Australian maps compatible with my device will do.
Do not know what fast activate/navcore/meta is !

Any help that gets my tomtom to do what it is supposed to is much appreciated.

Anything here:- http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f491...evice-1806787/
Old 05-05-2014, 15:41   #3 (permalink)

Member: 2180106
Thanks for that mate. Things started making some sense now. I updated my Navcore to 9.530 SE. Downloaded and installed AUS MAPS=915.5110 (no meta) and used fast activate to patch "everything"(including TTH).
Still no good. Gives error "no maps found"
I believe the maps are not compatible somehow ?
Couldn't find/figure out any compatibility charts.
Latest dump is as follows.
Appreciate your patience
Cheers
Maji
Old 05-17-2014, 01:24   #4 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 502108
You will have to try and find the map for your device. I usually connect to TomTom Home to see which version of the map I need...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk