GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Genie Universal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 13:30   #1 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 295730
Thanks Meter: 14
a few qestion to genie supporter.....

From yesterday,i`m happy(?) user of genie clip,but...What about ftp acces,where can i register my clip? Second qestion,I have a newest ver.of Phoenix and i upgrade genie ,trough the genie client .When i`m usb flashing(pkd1) everythihg is ok,but when trying flash trough the fls5 - nothing,phone is death .I`m using good cable (7 pin+vpp ) ,from my Jaf box,but i cant establish connection with phone.If phone is connecting to genie trough te connector and f-bus cable(with vpp connector)and i try power on it,phone not respond.Is it normally?
Br
Sorry for my english
Old 08-21-2008, 14:43   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7220
Thanks Meter: 1,592
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by slawekw View Post
From yesterday,i`m happy(?) user of genie clip,but...What about ftp acces,where can i register my clip? Second qestion,I have a newest ver.of Phoenix and i upgrade genie ,trough the genie client .When i`m usb flashing(pkd1) everythihg is ok,but when trying flash trough the fls5 - nothing,phone is death .I`m using good cable (7 pin+vpp ) ,from my Jaf box,but i cant establish connection with phone.If phone is connecting to genie trough te connector and f-bus cable(with vpp connector)and i try power on it,phone not respond.Is it normally?
Br
Sorry for my english
Hi,

About your ftp, I had checked with our support. Your email system is having problem on receiving email and we get email error. (Don't worry the new auto FTP access will be release soon hopefully by next week). Below is the error from mail system:This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

"A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: ******x

SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
host mx.wp.pl [212.77.101.4]: 550 [IP:203.98.189.50] polaczenia z Twojego adresu IP sa zablokowane administracyjnie / mail from your IP address is administratively disabled''

You may contact me on my ICQ: 138054964

About your error on connecting fbus, we need to know a few things probably wrong resistor selected on the adaptor or window xp bugs. You can also contact our support on our website using ONlINE LIVE CHAT and from here we always help you on troubleshooting the problem you are facing.

Best Regards
Alan Tan
The Following User Says Thank You to xpmobile For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2008, 08:43   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 58493
Thanks Meter: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by slawekw View Post
Br
Sorry for my english
I have the exact same problem, can't flash by FBUS yet...
Old 08-27-2008, 08:48   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsm2Extreme View Post
I have the exact same problem, can't flash by FBUS yet...
I m online now. Probably I can solve your problem. MSN: [email protected] . ICQ: 138-054-964

Best Regards
Alan Tan

Last edited by xpmobile; 08-27-2008 at 08:55.
Old 08-27-2008, 16:44   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

About FBUS problem, client can report it here: Link. We will try to trouble shoot it for you guys. Basically Phoenix FBUS dll required "Original updated Window XP". And sometime it is depending on the correct resistor use on the cable too.

Best Regards
Alan Tan
Old 08-28-2008, 21:09   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Thumbs up

As promised... Auto Genie FTP client access is here now! Link. Check the attachment too.

Best Regards
Alan Tan
Attached Files
File Type: rar GenieFTP.rar (63.2 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by xpmobile; 08-28-2008 at 21:28.
Old 08-28-2008, 22:28   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 239318
Thanks Meter: 51
can i ask (interested in product) if we have jaf cables without 9v battery connector must modify all cables in order to use your clip? in few words is a msut have the 9v battery adaptor?

tnx for payn attention
br kaligola
Old 08-29-2008, 00:04   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 192652
Sonork: No
Thanks Meter: 121
Yes.
The 9v battery connecor is needed for vpp flashing.
It means the you can read info and so, but can't flash with your cables.

br g-gabber
Old 08-29-2008, 05:12   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligola View Post
can i ask (interested in product) if we have jaf cables without 9v battery connector must modify all cables in order to use your clip? in few words is a msut have the 9v battery adaptor?

tnx for payn attention
br kaligola
Basically JAF do not have VPP and this is why they used to use the 9v battery to serve as VPP. For genie, we are using this battery pin to connect to our adaptor which is the VPP output from genie and 9V battery is NOT required at all. Instead of fully modifying the WHOLE cable, user can just connect the pin to the adaptor and get the vpp works. If you need to purchase full sets of current available mode cables, you may contact our [email protected] for more information.

Best Regards
Alan Tan
Old 09-02-2008, 08:35   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 239318
Thanks Meter: 51
so basically with adaptor and vvp enabled this is ok, and about mt cables that have vpp? guess theyr good for using with your product.
Old 09-03-2008, 21:07   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 137474
Sonork: 100.109924
Thanks Meter: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligola View Post
so basically with adaptor and vvp enabled this is ok, and about mt cables that have vpp? guess theyr good for using with your product.
Yes 10pin cable from mtbox are ok with use with GENIE I use all time N78, 5320, E66, 7310 and all thiscable work but they are very poor quality then the best is use cable from xpmobile if you need cable for few good month if you need only for few times 10pin cable are ok. bye
Old 04-06-2009, 09:15   #12 (permalink)

Member: 943726
Thanks Meter: 0
thanks for the tips from this thread, i have jaf cables with no 9v connectors
can you use it to unlock?

thanks,