GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Support (SIM Solution) > Rebel SIM Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 19:35   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 469246
Thanks Meter: 9
has anyone tested v64 on US carriers?

most of my customers are from the US. im wondering who has tested the v64 and how it works in comparison to v61i. Does 3G work, is the signal more reliable, does it reconnect automatically without resetting keys if the signal is lost..

Old 04-19-2009, 11:54   #2 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 984227
Thanks Meter: 129
USA T-Mobile All OK here, Using v61 REBEL

Old 04-20-2009, 05:17   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

but im talking about the v64 beta. the v61 works fine we know this. i wonder if the v64 works any better.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:48   #4 (permalink)

Member: 1011543
Thanks Meter: 1
do you have incoming calls working with 3G enabled in the USA ??

Old 04-20-2009, 13:51   #5 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 776981
Thanks Meter: 523
hi

v64 works better with t mobile simcards and also Edge is 100 percent

New Features in Rebel v63 and v64

New faster Boot up sequence than v61

Better support for 3G Cards with support increased for Accessing 3G data for more Network Simcards.

More simcards supported for Auto Regneration of Network Simcard TIMSI when changing base stations.

No Sim Message and use of Air Plane mode on and off to detect network sim Not needed No More.

The Need to do Manual Network Search and Select Network from list now Enhanced & Automated for More Simcards.

Orange and T mobile simcards Enhanced So can Obtian Service Faster and also EDGE enhanced.

How to Obtian a Data connection if you see no data on the Beta 64 Firmware

Do a network search and login in to another network so network is lost

eg if you have an iphone 3g and its locked then when you insert rebel sim with your network sim and have signal but cannot activate a data connection or see the GPRS or EDGE or 3G logo then say for example you have a Orange sim in the iphone then do a network search and log in to another network eg Vodafone and will say Your Cellular Network is No longer Available then reboot the iphone and play with air plane mode and when network comes it will have data.

Rebel Simcard

Old 05-01-2009, 05:22   #6 (permalink)

Member: 514437
Thanks Meter: 2
I was on v61 and everything worked fine, although regaining signal using airplane mode and rebooting was annoying. EDGE worked fine also. I upgraded to v64 and noticed that it regained signal ALOT quicker, but EDGE does not work. It doesn't even find the "E" that is suppose to be on the status bar. I followed directions above (logging on to another network, etc) and it still does not work.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:30   #7 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lengz View Post
I was on v61 and everything worked fine, although regaining signal using airplane mode and rebooting was annoying. EDGE worked fine also. I upgraded to v64 and noticed that it regained signal ALOT quicker, but EDGE does not work. It doesn't even find the "E" that is suppose to be on the status bar. I followed directions above (logging on to another network, etc) and it still does not work.
this trick worked for me to get EDGE working on REBEL v64i.
go to Carrier list and select wrong Network list and you will kill your network key and wait or reboot and Rebel will reconnect to right network, this time it will have EDGE connection.

worked for my 3friends also

Old 05-01-2009, 20:26   #8 (permalink)

How long did you wait? I upgraded to try again. I'm on tmobile, so I chose ATT on the network and it lost network and went to no service. I waited a couple minutes, rebooted, and waited again. It was still at no service. Then I played with airplane mode, and a pop up saying network lost and I dismissed. Waited even more, it was still at no service. Am I doing something wrong?

Old 05-02-2009, 12:46   #9 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 776981
Thanks Meter: 523
how to obtian a data connection using v64 Beta

Quote:
How to Obtian a Data connection if you do not see the data symbol on the Beta 64 Firmware

Do a network search and login in to another network so network is lost

eg if you have an iphone 3g and its locked then when you insert rebel sim with your network sim and have signal but cannot activate a data connection or see the GPRS or EDGE or 3G logo then say for example you have a Orange sim in the iphone then do a network search and log in to another network eg Vodafone and will say Your Cellular Network is No longer Available then reboot the iphone and play with air plane mode and when network comes it will have data.

If still not get network then do a manual network search and select your network from the Carrier list to Obtain Service.

Old 05-02-2009, 17:21   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Guys please try what rebelsim has mentioned and let me know if it works out well. I dont want to start selling v64 until im confident that it is substantialy better then v61 within the us. Thanks

Old 05-02-2009, 22:06   #11 (permalink)

I did exactly what Rebel Sim said and also Asata. Didn't work for me :\

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lengz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2009, 15:19   #12 (permalink)

Member: 1027648
Thanks Meter: 0
anyone having any luck with this in the usa?

i am running v61 on a 3g in the usa but i loose edge about every two weeks and i have to take out the sim and put it in a tm phone and get edge back, then reinstall it in the iphone.

its not that bad but it seem i loose edge when i need it the most.
if the v64i works better for edge i would up grade.

Also, i did not see v64 on the rebel sim web site, did i miss something?

Old 05-09-2009, 15:54   #13 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Quote:
How long did you wait? I upgraded to try again. I'm on tmobile, so I chose ATT on the network and it lost network and went to no service. I waited a couple minutes, rebooted, and waited again. It was still at no service. Then I played with airplane mode, and a pop up saying network lost and I dismissed. Waited even more, it was still at no service. Am I doing something wrong?
if it keeps you waiting longer than 2minutes then go to your Carrier List and select your Network manual and restart it will be ok