GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Cruiser Team Products > Cruiser Suite

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2004, 12:08   #1 (permalink)

Member: 82769
Thanks Meter: 0
How do I update my P910i?

I am a neophyte in the SE flashing procedure and I need a little direction. I have managed to update my T68 with no trouble and I can back-up my P910i flash files. However, I cannot figure out just what files in the library of P910i flash files are needed to do a complete update. I thought I had it figured out, but as far as I can see, there are four files involved and I can only find a way to write three of them to the phone.
I would greatly appreciate it if some knowledgeable kind person would offer a brief tutiorial on the subject. Fighter is an amazing technical feat, but it is weak in the documentation department. Like so much other software, the help files were written by someone intimately familiar with its operation and as such it takes too much for granted

Thanks in advance folks.

Old 10-26-2004, 12:29   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 73743
Thanks Meter: 2
there are quite comprehensive directions in the help file for the p900 which will work the same for the p910.

firstly attach the p910 as phone and flash/write to the avr.

detach phone, unplug cable and remove battery. then reinsert.

Attach PDA part and select "flash PDA". You will only need to flash one file to this unless you want to change the Language as i think Lead has blocked the PDA parts together, you will find the pda flash block in the "symbian" directory on the ftp in the folder "pda" in the folder "p910i".

Detach phone

then if you need to upgrade your bluetooth you need to attach phone as PDA part and write the bluetooth firmware to the ARM chip i.e. "flash arm"

and you are done.

Old 10-26-2004, 18:20   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 51190
You're completely forgetting that P910's are RSA protected.

First, attach to the phone, go to the locks tab, and unlock RSA. This will then reboot the phone with RSA inactive.

If you need to unlock the phone, rebuild the security area now, finalize the GDFS, then reattach to the phone (then follow the next step). You can now upgrade the phone's firmware by going to the "Write Flash" tab, checking the "Relock RSA" checkbox, and selecting the signed firmware image. Once this is done, you detach the phone, attach to the PDA part, and flash it per gbrooks3's instructions.

As far as I know this is the correct procedure. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 10-26-2004, 18:41   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 73743
Thanks Meter: 2
correct as usual anlog. i dont have a p910 so i was just educating a guess.

Old 10-27-2004, 01:06   #5 (permalink)

Member: 82769
Thanks for the directions, gentlemen. You cleared up my foggy head and it went like clockwork