GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Cruiser Team Products > Cruiser Suite

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2006, 09:14   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 170313
Thanks Meter: 46
K310i Is Ok Agaian Alive

my k310i dead is cruiser and no reply lead iam use cruiser and another
user reffer is cruiser is best device but iam wrong se tool is best and always no 1 my k310i is again alive with se tools best best

Old 08-08-2006, 19:43   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 19672
Sonork: 100.65069
Thanks Meter: 46
yes wright!!!!!!

the diferents is with cruiser must use brain

Old 08-11-2006, 11:02   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 23587
Thanks Meter: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiri piri View Post
yes wright!!!!!!

the diferents is with cruiser must use brain
i think you mean to say that cruiser makes it difficult and usb-smart makes it easy for the technician ! GREAT COMPLIMENTS !

Old 08-11-2006, 16:41   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 76964
Thanks Meter: 2
What he ment to say is that Cruiser is for power users.
With Cruiser you have to know what you are doing, which is considered by some as something negative. But this also makes Cruiser more flexible and versatile, which will benefit a power user a lot.

Old 08-12-2006, 05:20   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinb View Post
What he ment to say is that Cruiser is for power users.
With Cruiser you have to know what you are doing, which is considered by some as something negative. But this also makes Cruiser more flexible and versatile, which will benefit a power user a lot.
May be you are right, but if the other tool does the same things without making it complicated , still you would stick to waht you say ?

I did revive my K310i with the hints given by mobilextreme using cruiser only. I don't have anything against Cruiser, but i also find USB-smart very easy to use though.

Regards to all ! Never mean disrespecting or humiliating anyone !

Old 08-12-2006, 14:59   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Ask around amongst the power users (those who unlock 20 phones a day or so) how many phones they have "killed" with Cruiser, and then compare to SETool or USB-smart, and you will get a clear answer.

Then ask how many of these "killed" phones were fixed using Cruiser, and I think you get the picture...

The only time Cruiser "kills" a phone is if the user does not know what he/she is doing, experimenting with undocumented features, the phone has a bad chip, water damage, or it is an unsupported phone.
And in the first scenario (the user does not know what he/she is doing), Cruiser will be able to repair it

Old 08-12-2006, 15:29   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinb View Post
Ask around amongst the power users (those who unlock 20 phones a day or so) how many phones they have "killed" with Cruiser, and then compare to SETool or USB-smart, and you will get a clear answer.

Then ask how many of these "killed" phones were fixed using Cruiser, and I think you get the picture...

The only time Cruiser "kills" a phone is if the user does not know what he/she is doing, experimenting with undocumented features, the phone has a bad chip, water damage, or it is an unsupported phone.
And in the first scenario (the user does not know what he/she is doing), Cruiser will be able to repair it
I would consider a software GOOD if it quits when it finds an unsupported phone without killing it ! If the software writer knows his job well he should be able to easily incorporate it. Would you call that doctor a good doctor if he puts his aptient to a critical "comma" state (not dead as in our case) if he doesn't diagonise the illness properly and administers a wrong prescription for medicine or treatment ?

Sorry if you choose to disagree !

Old 08-12-2006, 15:33   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 214417
Thanks Meter: 21
all you had to do is flash it to bring back to life. what the big deal

Old 08-12-2006, 21:25   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

If you read the documentation and the phone you want to "operate" on is not amongst the supported phones, is it the applications fault if it fails then?

Cruiser is not the doctor, but merely the tool.

And by the way, this can happen with the other applications also....

Old 08-13-2006, 04:05   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

YES, i think if the software is the best one, it should identify what it is connected with and should immediately disconnect with the error message that it is not a supported model or version. It is a different topic if one should use cruiser or not, because it is definitely a useful software, no doubts about it. If what i say can be implemented into it, it would become still better. I hope i am able to explain to you what i am trying to say. !

Old 08-13-2006, 06:54   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I understand what you are saying, but I do not think that you understand what I am trying to say. Cruiser is a tool, not a "doctor".

The function you want is already part of the software. Cruiser does not connect to an unknown phone, if the phone is unknown, it will tell you to report its TAC number, and stops right there! So, it is disconnecting with an error message!

It is then up to the user of the tool to decide if he/she wants to continue by selecting the phone manually. If you do, the phone "trusts" your choice.

This is what I call a powerful tool, it has built in security, but you are allowed to bypass it if you think you know what you are doing. This is what I am talking about when I say that it is a tool for a power user.