GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Cruiser Team Products > Cruiser Suite

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2006, 04:30   #1 (permalink)

Member: 95694
Thanks Meter: 0
phone killer?

hey guys,

after years of using div and atr I thought it's time to get a cruiser and got it yesterday. The installation was easy and everything worked well. Then I wanted to do the first flash and took a T68m which had emea1 instead of eu2 what I need. So I flashed eu2 avr and arm and after it the phone freezed when I powered it on. After flashing a second time it was ok.

Then I took a T65 and updated avr and arm. After it I couldn't switch it on so I tried to flash it a second time like I did before with the T68m. At the end of flashing the avr-part cruiser told me that some bytes were wrong. The phone got detached automatically and was dead. I couldn't even boot it anymore. Maybe I just need to remove/reinstall the battery for booting but with the T65 it's not so funny to do this job.

Today I upgraded a T39m and got the same problemagain: Another dead phone. I was able to boot it but cruiser told me to manually chose the modell because it can't be identified. So I did and was able to boot it correctly but the imei shown was 0000...

It seems, that cruiser destroyed the gdfs-area of the phone. Fortunately I have some more T39 so I could make a full backup of one of them which I flashed in the dead T39.

It works again but I still wonder why cruiser kills 3 of 5 phones which I flashed until today. Of course I can backup the gdfs every time before flashing but this is not what I expect of it. What can be the reason for it? I installed the latest cruiser v9.66. Is this version buggy in any way? I don't want to kill any more gdfs-areas and would be happy for any help.

r0sewhite

Old 05-20-2006, 08:37   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 49581
Thanks Meter: 73
i have been using cruiser roughly about an year .... and i had to use it many times everyday ....

in fact, i never used the function 'GDFS Backup' (and i don't know how to use it) for more than 1 thousand of sonyericsson phones that i had working on .... and i never got any problem that cruiser kill any single phone ~ oh, yeah, i remember that I had tried to unlock a C62 which i didn't look the warning that cruiser won't work on certains version of c62, and that is the only phone i kill using cruiser ... 1 out of more than a thousand so far ...

Old 05-20-2006, 08:40   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 44110
Thanks Meter: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0sewhite
hey guys,

Maybe I just need to remove/reinstall the battery for booting but with the T65 it's not so funny to do this job.
Press more than 10 Seconds on the "NO" key. It's the same effect as you remove the battery. And check the phoneconnectos before you flash anything.

Quote:
Today I upgraded a T39m and got the same problemagain: Another dead phone. I was able to boot it but cruiser told me to manually chose the modell because it can't be identified. So I did and was able to boot it correctly but the imei shown was 0000...

It seems, that cruiser destroyed the gdfs-area of the phone. Fortunately I have some more T39 so I could make a full backup of one of them which I flashed in the dead T39.
If it only boots wrong, then Cruiser couldn't destroy GDFS IMEI. Cruiser is also able to generate a new security area of these phones, you don't need a backup.

Quote:
It works again but I still wonder why cruiser kills 3 of 5 phones which I flashed until today. Of course I can backup the gdfs every time before flashing but this is not what I expect of it. What can be the reason for it? I installed the latest cruiser v9.66. Is this version buggy in any way? I don't want to kill any more gdfs-areas and would be happy for any help.

r0sewhite
That nothing against you, but with the time, you learn how to use Cruiser properly, then you have dead phones very seldom.
And you must see: The phones you tried are quite old, Lead has to concentrate himself to the never phones...

But one thin is sure: Cruiser overwrite nothing in the phone without your command, div wrote a new securityzone when you read codes...

In few days, when you have tried new phones, you will be happy with cruiser.

Friendly Greetings Sven

Old 05-20-2006, 13:42   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven.soltermann
Press more than 10 Seconds on the "NO" key. It's the same effect as you remove the battery. And check the phoneconnectos before you flash anything.
Thanks, I should have known this but probably it was too late at night to remember reseting the phone that way. I tried it again now and got it booted, but it's the same as the T39:
- Phone can't be switched on and doesn't load if connected to a charger
- Phone can't be autodetected by cruiser und must be set manually
- Cruiser shows a 0000...-imei for the phone

Quote:
Cruiser is also able to generate a new security area of these phones, you don't need a backup.
OK, these are things I still have to learn. I just searched this board for hints and found an old thread which described dead phones (T39 and T65) with the same problem and the only solution was to write the gdfs-area backed up from another phone.

Quote:
That nothing against you, but with the time, you learn how to use Cruiser properly, then you have dead phones very seldom.
Of course I still have to find out a lot about how cruiser works. But what do you think did I wrong with these phones? That's what I did:
- fully charging the phone
- checking connector for dirt/damages
- connecting and booting the phone
- flashing AVR with the new version
- flashing ARM with the new version
- detaching the phone

I think there's nothing I could have misunderstood. It's the same procedure like with DIV or other tools. As far as I see the only difference regarding flashing old phones is that I can detach the phone by sw-button after flashing.

Quote:
But one thin is sure: Cruiser overwrite nothing in the phone without your command, div wrote a new securityzone when you read codes...
So what happend to these phones? I can't see any mistake and even if they are old it should work. No, especially because they are old, it should work because problems like this should have been detected and eliminated a long time ago. As long as there is no solution I wouldn' attach a new phone to a software that doens't work the way it should do.

Thanks, r0sewhite

Old 05-20-2006, 14:55   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 42570
Thanks Meter: 11
@r0sewhite:

As Cruiser keeps developing I'm sure there's a *lot* of code changes that go on. As these changes happen, newer phones are tested while the older phones often get left behind.

If you spend a while reading these forums you sometimes read where a update for a new phone type will accidently break an older phone.

Just from what I've read here, I don't think you've done anything wrong - though these phones are so old (at least - I've never held one) that I'm not sure what the correct procedure to use them is.

If I would you I'd read through the manual for the procedure for these phones (if it's even listed?) and make sure you keep a log of what happens as you go. If something doesn't work as expected, cut and paste the log here along with what happened to the phone. Lead might then be able to fix the problem for you.

Old 05-20-2006, 19:01   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet
@r0sewhite:
If I would you I'd read through the manual for the procedure for these phones (if it's even listed?) and make sure you keep a log of what happens as you go. If something doesn't work as expected, cut and paste the log here along with what happened to the phone. Lead might then be able to fix the problem for you.
@muppet:

Thanks, the procedure was alright as it is the same like with DIV. Unfortunately most of the phones I work with are old Ericsson models and not the newer SE-models. For now I will first backup the GDFS before flashing anything at any phone. I will forward any error report and hope that one day it won't be necessairy anymore. Maybe some older Cruiser-SW works better with my old phones.

Regards, r0sewhite

Old 05-20-2006, 20:31   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 196727
Thanks Meter: 419
hi maybe you should use a older version of cruiser like 7.11 or something like that to work with those old phones

br
nafg

Old 05-21-2006, 11:43   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 248353
Thanks Meter: 3
cruiser 9.66 is stable and work well with old's one

Old 05-22-2006, 10:06   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 244492
Thanks Meter: 8
If I would you I'd read through the manual for the procedure for these phones (if it's even listed?) and make sure you keep a log of what happens as you go. If something doesn't work as expected, cut and paste the log here along with what happened to the phone. Lead might then be able to fix the problem for you.[/quote]

you are very right my bro.this problem also occur witht610/630 you cannot flash arm completely and most of olds version.
pl's my Lead this should not be left out by words updating should not live the odd fones.
my regards.

Last edited by bambo clan; 05-22-2006 at 10:20.

Old 05-22-2006, 16:17   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 76964
Thanks Meter: 2
Using Cruiser 9.66 (not the latest, I know) flashing both T610 and T630 and T616 and T637 with no issues except for the usual boot problems. Retrying a couple of times, cleaning connectors inbetween, usually does the trick. Also, do not forget a fully charged bnsttery also helps....... (and my old "reliable" DSS-20....)

The major reason for these boot issues in my experience is that these have really old FW, so RSA is not enabled. As soon as they have been reflashed with RSA firmware, they attach almost instantly.

If you have a phone that totally does not want to attach, having an EMMA-card handy does the trick. Have Cruiser use it, and it will boot instantly.

Old 05-22-2006, 21:59   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 18369
Thanks Meter: 3
@ everyone that answered to this tread

In the information site for cruiser it says it works with all old Ericsson phones....complete fighter functionality...
I think Lead is responsible for his information to us, arent you Lead ?

I dont think that adding new models should make old phones crash..because they certainly dont use the same code...?
Of course mistake can occur like the flashing T28/R320/R310 bug that was corrected a few versions ago.

I have not flashed old phones lately but I have done in the past and then it has been working good with T39 and T65.

/Best regards Daniel

Old 05-22-2006, 22:21   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 76964
Thanks Meter: 2
Well, just like Muppet confirmed, some updates by Lead will crash functionality for older phones.
I have personally experienced support for the Txxx phones (T610,T616,T630,T637) go crashing after updates for the newer phones by Lead. He usually fixes it a release or 2 later, but the fact is that it crashes!

This is why I stated above that Cruiser 9.66 works for these phones.