GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Cruiser Team Products > Cruiser Suite

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2005, 22:32   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 88410
Thanks Meter: 1
Lightbulb Post your How-To instructions to help others

It would be very helpful if we had some how-to documentation for scenarios that users may encounter.

For instance a full how to on proper P910i unlock would be helpful, and my recent problems with a P910 might have been solved without even having to post

So can someone start of with a step by step how to on unlocking P910, i have done one but with the problems - it would be great to have confidence to do the next with a proved how-to that i can follow

i am sure the more we use cruiser the more we can help others

FWC

Old 02-01-2005, 23:44   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 42570
Thanks Meter: 11
freewaycomms: It's exactly the same as unlocking any other RSA active phone, that's why there's no "howto" for it, it would just be repeating something everyone already knows.
Also, use of the search button before posting such things would be of advantage to you, most stuff has already been posted!

That's being said, here's how to do it

0) With the phone powered on and working, take note of the Phone Part's firmware version.

1) Attach to Phone Part of the phone.

2) Click on the "Locks" tab and click "Unlock RSA"

3) Fighter will remove RSA and reboot the phone and reattach to it in the normal non-RSA active way.

4) Once Fighter has reattached to the phone, you'll get a message saying "RSA Area is empty and MUST BE REFLASHED!" It's not lying. Also take note of the firmware Fighter reports is in the phone, if you didn't already do this in step 0.

5) Go to the Security I tab. Ignore all options there, just click on the Superman icon, Create Security Zone I

6) Once completed, the phone will be unlocked. However, it will not power on until you reflash the firmware (as noted by Fighter in step 4)

7) Find from the support area the same file as reported by Fighter. For example, if Fighter reported R3E008 as the firmware version, download that version of the firmware from the Fighter/Cruiser support site. These are RAR compressed files, be sure to uncompress them before trying to use them. www.rarlabs.com if you get stuck.

8) Go to the "Flash" tab in Fighter and tick the "Flash RSA area only" button.

9) Click the Flash AVR button and find the file you downloaded and unzipped. Flash this to the phone. Note:You might need to detach the phone and reattach to it for the Flash AVR button to be active, I think rebuilding the security zone will stop you being able to flash AVR unless you're using enhanced cables.

10) Once you've reflashed the AVR area, detach the phone. Your phone will power on and be unlocked.

Old 02-02-2005, 20:30   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 88410
Thanks Meter: 1
Many thanks - I successfully unlocked one last night before i had read this post.

Always better to be sure to know what you are doing before starting a job - I haven't used fighter before cruiser so am very new to the tecniques.

BTW i was using cruiser not fighter, i couldnt see any report of firmware version, but checked the handset before starting.

Cheers!