GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Cruiser Team Products > Cruiser Suite

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2004, 02:41   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 28559
Thanks Meter: 85
problem attaching t610

i am trying to attach a t610 to fighter but everytime i click on attach and press power button on phone the phone turns on. i tried all the cable settings in fighter with same result phone turns on the first time i push power botton no response from fighter. i tried autodetect and selecting t610 model from list. i tried attaching phone in xp and 98. i am using old fighter cable and the latest version of fighter with preinstall. other phones attaches without any problems. how can i attach this phone to fighter so i can flash it. also tried griffin crusader but same problem.

Old 10-29-2004, 02:58   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 42570
Thanks Meter: 11
The phone is faulty.
Get an old toothbrush and clean the bottom connecters so they're shiny and making good electrical contact, also check the inside of the phone for corrosion on the contacts.

Once you have found the bad joint/connector, fix it and your phone will attach fine.

Old 10-29-2004, 12:05   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 28559
Thanks Meter: 85
thanks, i had to open phone and clean clean contacts and bottom of pcb, fighter now attaches without any problems.

Old 11-03-2004, 12:42   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 66478
Thanks Meter: 6
i had a same problem but first when you conect the phone click charger on then after 10 min just click charger off then attached the phone.
i hope the othere guy has a same problem can use this too

Old 11-03-2004, 18:46   #5 (permalink)

Member: 88515
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by karouk
i had a same problem but first when you conect the phone click charger on then after 10 min just click charger off then attached the phone.
i hope the othere guy has a same problem can use this too
I don't see any logical reasons for this. Am I missing something?

Old 11-04-2004, 01:01   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 21920
Thanks Meter: 10
That has worked for me before too. Not always but some of the time.

It has to do with the phone thinking the Fighter cable's voltage is a charger and switching to charge mode.

I had this mostly with t68s. Sometimes it works, and sometimes you just need to brush more!

Old 11-10-2004, 15:00   #7 (permalink)
Nic
Freak Poster

Member: 36361
Hi there
I have such an T610 that won't attach either, have cleaned all contacts related to power even the inside but still no luck.

It worked fine flashing AVR but when trying to flash ARM it got the script error. Restarted Fighter and got it to attach and started flashing ARM until 59% then it stopped/halted. Waited 15min but still the same 59% so then I disconnected the phone and now it wont bypass. I can see that the red "led" in fighter is blinking but the green doesn't blink at all.

Is there any way to flash without getting the phone attached?

Any help appreciated,

//Niclas

Old 11-10-2004, 15:20   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Does the phone boot normally? You may have allowed the bootstrap of the phone to get corrupted...

Otherwise, I try tapping the power button as it attaches.. see if it goes higher when you tap.

Old 11-10-2004, 19:11   #9 (permalink)
Nic
Freak Poster

Hello Evan

With boot normally, what exactly do you mean?

I will try in a few minutes with tapping the power button when attaching and let you know what happens or not.

Thanks
//Niclas

Old 11-10-2004, 19:25   #10 (permalink)
Nic
Freak Poster

Evan

No luck... nothing different about that procedure either...

When powering on the phone "normally" the hourglass is displayed and then it stays there. Nothing else happens.

Still nothing comes back from the phone when Fighter is trying to bypass authority check.

//Niclas

Old 11-10-2004, 19:31   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Hmmm... so it does turn on but it does not fully boot. Tapping the power does not work... I am going out on a limb here but try to attach it without the battery then insert the battery when/if it stalls or when it says Initializing Phone Hardware...

Old 11-10-2004, 19:35   #12 (permalink)
Nic
Freak Poster

Thank you for your concern, Evan

When attaching the phone without battery it says only Activating phone... and nothing else.
When inserting battery it continues until it reaches the, by this time, well known state of Bypassing... and then nothing else...

Btw, the phone was working alright before... I even saw it with my own eyes (until I grabbed it )

//Niclas

When taking out the battery and inserting again during Bypass the green "led" blinks and the percent bar is moving up a bit... but nothing else.

Addition to info about power up and the hourglass... The hourglass stays on for about 30-40sec and then the display turns black and restarts...

Last edited by Nic; 11-10-2004 at 19:46.

Old 11-10-2004, 20:03   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Well clearly there is a corruption in the ARM CPU now that it is only 59% flashed... that has to be what is causing the problem... more interesting though is why it did not fully flash before... wonder if that is related.

I hate to ask, but have you tried to flash it with any other tools?

Old 11-10-2004, 20:15   #14 (permalink)
Nic
Freak Poster

something isn't right with for sure...

But got it to initialized once by quickly lifting the battery where the contacts is. By doing so the green light is blinking and the boot options is changing also. I then quickly flashed it with the ARM part and it went through to 100% but got a script error when it was supposed to go to the next step after flashing. Back to square 0 again...

And no, I haven't tried with another flasher... don't have one... but should perhaps get one

Old 11-10-2004, 20:57   #15 (permalink)
Nic
Freak Poster

Got it to attach correctly and flashed the AVR part again just in case and then flashed the ARM part again... Script error again... But did as before when bypassing, very quickly lift the battery and had to do so this for a looooong time but eventually it did attach correctly again. Now on to flash the ARM part again and this time SUCCESS!

But when trying to flash Decust v2 file it got error again. Reconnect phone again and this time it bypassed normally and could also flash decust file successfully. But it didn't complete it fully.... error again.
Again, reconnect and everything normally and flash decust again! And now it completed too...
Right now I'm trying to rebuild the security zone... Guess how's it going... Had to do it twice again...

But now it's WORKING!

Thanks Evan for your time and effort.

Hope this can be of any help to others, the phone ain't dead until it's dead!

//Niclas