GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Cruiser Team Products > Cruiser Suite

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2005, 03:00   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 191686
Thanks Meter: 0
Regarding 7.10 beta

Version 7.10 (22nd November 2005, beta version):
From now on it is possible to download files from FS to special archive files in .cfp (Cruiser File Package) format.
From now on it is possible to upload .cfp package content to phone FS.

does it mean we can manipulate .cfp????something like a script, otherwise it would be redundant to upload same .cfp we dloaded earlier.

unless its meant for backup purpose only!

more info on this needed from cuiser team.

anyways thanks great update!!!

Old 11-23-2005, 03:40   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 42570
Thanks Meter: 11
I believe it works as follows:

You can use the upload feature to fully customise a phone. For example here in New Zealand you need the Vodafone NZ file customisations before you can use the 3G network fully (certain wap downloads don't work etc)

I notice in the support area there is now a V800 NZ file that when unrar'd has a .cfp extension! This mean I'll be able to flash V800's with the Vodafone Firmware and then flash this last bit to the phone so it's a complete V800 working as if fresh from the factory
(Thanks Lead for uploading this)

As for the download, I'm not 100% sure but I think you can use it to "roll your own" customistations, ie download from one branded phone and then upload it into a non-branded phone.

This is just my guessing from playing with it so far.

Old 11-23-2005, 03:59   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1841
Thanks Meter: 469
To make your own CFP customizations you may download the "/tpa/preset/custom/" folder from the phone.
In this way you may make your own, although not 100% as-from-factory customizations. (But they will serve their purpose for sure.)
To make 100% original customizations you have to download the folder from a phone which has not been turned on yet.
Alternatively you may make a backup of the whole FS and send it to me so I can reconstruct the original customization data.

Drawbacks:
Phones with new connector (K750, etc) are not supported by release version of Cruiser. Why? Because I do not want to share one loader with competitors. I'll describe the way of downloading customizations from these phones soon.

Old 11-23-2005, 09:16   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 152244
Sonork: 100.1591179
Thanks Meter: 162
Thanks Lead For This Great Update.................ok
Br
Muneeb Akhtar Raza

Old 11-24-2005, 02:18   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 114797
Thanks Meter: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet
I believe it works as follows:

You can use the upload feature to fully customise a phone. For example here in New Zealand you need the Vodafone NZ file customisations before you can use the 3G network fully (certain wap downloads don't work etc)

I notice in the support area there is now a V800 NZ file that when unrar'd has a .cfp extension! This mean I'll be able to flash V800's with the Vodafone Firmware and then flash this last bit to the phone so it's a complete V800 working as if fresh from the factory
(Thanks Lead for uploading this)

As for the download, I'm not 100% sure but I think you can use it to "roll your own" customistations, ie download from one branded phone and then upload it into a non-branded phone.

This is just my guessing from playing with it so far.

I love my Cruiser! Converting V802SE and Z800 to V800 is now perfect. Thanks Lead and the Cruiser Team! Good on ya!

Old 11-24-2005, 02:31   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 42570
Thanks Meter: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiboi
I love my Cruiser! Converting V802SE and Z800 to V800 is now perfect. Thanks Lead and the Cruiser Team! Good on ya!
Good stuff, I haven't had a chance to test it yet.
All 3G services, the stupid Music store etc work?

Old 11-24-2005, 02:47   #7 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 191686
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead
Drawbacks:
Phones with new connector (K750, etc) are not supported by release version of Cruiser. Why? Because I do not want to share one loader with competitors. I'll describe the way of downloading customizations from these phones soon.

hopefully soon!
or upload premade customizations for these phones to support, individual languages etc. (some of my customers are going nuts to have all latino customization mainly italian, spanish, romanian and portugese languages in phone and simmilar combinations)
Thanks!!!