GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Cruiser Suite (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f569/)
-   -   W810i white screen after changing fascia (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f569/w810i-white-screen-after-changing-fascia-615049/)

soudies 10-21-2008 21:22

W810i white screen after changing fascia

Hello,
After changing a fascia and buttons on a W810i it will now only show a white screen. I have tried reflashing it but same problem still happening. I would be very grateful for any pointers.
Many thanks
Soudies

joe cellular 10-21-2008 21:46

hav you checked lcd.....

soudies 10-22-2008 08:50

Hello,Thank you for your response. I have tried replugging the lcd ribbon back in but it still keeps on coming up with the white screen. Is it likely that the lcd cable is damaged and if so any ideas on how it can be replaced?
Many thanks
Soudies

amgeu1 10-22-2008 09:12

if the cable is damaged you would need a new lcd kit - about £20 or $40 ( rough prices) from ebay. The lcd flex is all in 1 with the lcd so would require a full replacement.

soudies 10-22-2008 09:28

Thank you for the info. I was afraid that would be the case. Have ordered one now.
Regards
Soudies

mobilelink 10-22-2008 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by soudies (Post 3768233)
Hello,Thank you for your response. I have tried replugging the lcd ribbon back in but it still keeps on coming up with the white screen. Is it likely that the lcd cable is damaged and if so any ideas on how it can be replaced?
Many thanks
Soudies

Bro

First check if u can make and receive calls if so the purely the problem is in LCD ..If u cant make calls flash the phone with GDFS..will b done for sure ..contact me if you need more help

Post results

soudies 10-22-2008 11:14

I cannot make calls. I am not actually sure how to flash GDFS as I have never done that before and cannot seem to find a process in the forum. Could you let me know how to do it? i do not think I ever made a backup of the GDFS on this handset.
Regards
Soudies

mobilelink 10-22-2008 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by soudies (Post 3768669)
I cannot make calls. I am not actually sure how to flash GDFS as I have never done that before and cannot seem to find a process in the forum. Could you let me know how to do it? i do not think I ever made a backup of the GDFS on this handset.
Regards
Soudies

Do u have SE tool bro?

If u have 1st Identify the phone and select appropriate flash files(According to CID) Main and FS +GDFS (u will find it in SEtool setup in DB2020 GDFS in BIN format and SSW)to flash and go to settings tab?Put a click on SIGNED MODE and COMPLETE PHONE AFTER FLASH >back to SE tab and press flash and wait..after flashing completed ur phone must b ok bro...post results

BR

soudies 10-22-2008 11:24

I am afraid that i only have Cruiser .
Regards
Soudies

mobilelink 10-22-2008 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by soudies (Post 3768705)
I am afraid that i only have Cruiser .
Regards
Soudies

Bro dont worry!!

do as i say

Attach phone
RSA
Flash FS
SHUTDOWN FS
Attach
Direct unlock
RESTORE FIRMWARE

DONE!!

post results

BR

joe cellular 10-22-2008 12:13

the phone was working b4 changing face. so obviously it got hardware damaged. just change lcd. all shoud b well

mobilelink 10-22-2008 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe cellular (Post 3768912)
the phone was working b4 changing face. so obviously it got hardware damaged. just change lcd. all shoud b well

Bro

I agree with u if he can make calls..but according to him now he cant make calls too...:)

If the LCD flex or LCD is damaged he should b able to make calls ya?

BR

joe cellular 10-22-2008 17:09

i had k800i only blinking white screen. dont power on propely. it coudnt make calls.
BUT it was lcd problem, just my experience

soudies 10-23-2008 11:31

Thank you all for the ifo so far, it has been extremely helpful. I have a slight problem with unlocking the RSA on the w810i as it is a cid 50 and for some reason Cruiser 13.20 will not connect to the server so i cannotaccess my credits. I have checked my settings and they seem to be fine but if anyone knows the exact settings I would be grateful so that i can check mine against them.
Many thanks once again,
Soudies