GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Cruiser Team Products > Cruiser Suite

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2006, 05:17   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 239168
Thanks Meter: 104
Why Se Dead During Unlock,doubts

Why Se Dead During Unlock?doubts
Why Se Dead During Unlock? Why Not Others?is Any Way To Reduce The Chance Of dead During Unlock.now I Saw A No Of Sets W810i's Dead During Unlock
1.i Think It Is Due To Different Cid Versions.now CRUISER Supports All Cid 49.assume Tomorrow Will Come New Cid 56.if CRUISER Is Not Update And Try To Unlock With IT, Set Will Become Dead.my Doubt Is Any Way To Identify The Cid Version Before Unlocking(to Avoid The Happenings Like W810's)
2.one Way Is Read Unlock Codes And Enter Manually To Unlock.is This Method Success In Not Supported Cid Versions Of CRUISER?is Not Supported Cid Versions Code Reading Lead To Any Dangerous Soft Problems?(i Asked This Because Of I Heard, Code read Is Also Not Safe.it Remove Rsa And Damage Rsa, If It Is Not Supported Cid.am I Correct?)
3.if Code Reading And Unlock, Both R Dangerous To Unlock And No Way To Identify Cid Version Before Unlocking,then No Way "new Cid Will Come ,set Will Become Dead And Takes Time To Back It On"so Se Unlock Is A Lucky Process.am I Correct?
I Have Some More Doubts .that Will Ask According To Above Questions Answers.
I Am Waiting For Ur Answers ,thank U

Old 05-10-2006, 05:51   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 42570
Thanks Meter: 11
What a large bunch of random gibberish. I can make out some questions though.

1) Why do phones die during unlock? 95% of the time it is because the user has no real clue what he/she is doing and just clicks on random buttons. At the moment phones are "dead" because people are not restoring the firmware after unlocking RSA. Removing part of the firmware is a trick that Cruiser/SeTool uses to bypass the security of the phone (no, this is not a request for the setool fan boys to start posting). Once you've finished with the bypass, you need to reflash the main FW. If you don't do this, the phone won't power on. Hard for it to work when it's firmware is missing, wouldn't you agree?

2) Read codes is slightly less risky than direct unlock, but it doesn't really "read" codes so much as write new ones to the phone. CID version doesn't really matter here, you're either in a position to be able to write to the security zone or you're not. If you can, the hard work (bypassing the security of whatever CID the phone is) is already done.

3) You can detect CID by attempting to attach to the phone. This will give you information about the phone such as CID and various other things (color, is RSA unlocked etc) - This doesn't damage the phone at all.

4) Unlocking is not a "Lucky Process". No doubt there are some bugs in the current Cruiser version that will be ironed out, but mostly it's a matter of understanding what you're doing. So many people just click the buttons without understanding why they're clicking that button.

The amount of research that people are putting into bypassing the security on these new SE phones is not trivial. If you have to temporarily "kill" a phone to unlock it, so be it. At least it's a solution.

The later the CID version, the harder is is to unlock. You're right, a brand new CID version might come along tomorrow (and it probably will) that will be an order of magnitude harder again to unlock.

If you have all these doubts, throw in your unlocking business and go to the beach.

Old 05-10-2006, 06:39   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 91045
Thanks Meter: 8,696
Make sure what the FW version u have in ur phone b4 unlocking and download the Same Restoration file from Support.....
Now u cant dead a CID49 new SE series Phone As i AM Sure about it