GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones Hardware Repair Area > Hardware Repair by brands

Hardware Repair by brands All about hardware problems sorted by brands inside subsections.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2006, 14:33   #226 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 23587
Thanks Meter: 63
Damaged Beyond Repairs by WaterLogging ?

As i said before, 60-70% of the handsets either water or liquid damaged are put to working by the cleaning process as explained before.
So the question now that remains is : What to do with the other 30-40% which are left out ? If they are irreparable, why ?

The possible faults that can occur because of trying to charge or switch on the phone with water or liquid still inside :
(1) ****n fuse would be the safest bet as it would have stopped the current from entering the circuit of the mobile phone , thus not allowing any further damage to the phone. This will happen only if the battery is fully discharged and charging was attempted. If this is the case, just replacing the ****n fuse after doing the cleaning and drying process would start the phone. However, this does not happen often because the fuse is generally provided in the charging circuit only. So if the battery is having any power in it, that power will still ruin a water logged mobile phone even if the fuse has ****n off.*** save you if this is not the case.

(2) The next possibility in a similar case is that the current from the battery or the charger gets supplied to many unwanted points of the parts in the circuit, causing a short-circuit (unwanted or unintended or undesired, remember? ) between any and many points resulting in damage to most semiconductor parts like diodes, transistors, chips and other parts like LCD, connectors, inner keypads etc. The semiconductorts may develop permenant short circuits inside themselves and so must be diagonised first and then replaced. One way to find such a kind of defective part is to feel (!) them by touching all the parts with your hand. They may be getting heated up.

If the damaged part is not heating up abnormally, it is the job of an experienced or expert technician only to find this faulty component judging from the symptoms whether a dead phone or a not charging phone or a no network phone or a phone with some keys not working or a defective LCD driver IC or a defective LCD itself or even a spoiled connector with faulty contacts. Knowledge of reading circuit diagrams (schematics) and tracing the circuit helps here in addition to checking of voltages and waveforms at various testpoints. Beginners can as well pick up the hints from here and try some faults using their knowledge, feelings and guts. For keys not working fault keypad glass IC is a likely component. If the phone is able to make and receive the calls but the display is not working, you may first try cleaning the LCD contacts and then changing the LCD itself or the LCD driver chip, if any you can find. A completely short-circuiting PA is a common fault which drains down the battery in addition to not allowing to switch on the handset.

(3) Another bad damage that occurs in such handsets is the damage to the
tracks or balls on the PCB or the interconnections between different layers of the PCBs. In case of short circuits, thin tracks anywhere on the PCB may be made to pass heavy currents for which they are not designed and so actually heat up and burn up these thin tracks rendering them totally damaged and destroyed. If they are on any of the top or the bottom PCBs and is accessible or reachable, you may run jumpers to provide the alternative path which was there before the damage but if it is under some chips or in the intermediate layers of the PCB , what can you do ? Simply nothing !!!!!! Similarly, if the traces of unremoved dried out salts has eaten up any part of the circuit which is not accessible, the situation remains the same - IRREPARABLE ! The small pads provided on the BGA ICs as well as it's counter part on the PCB is one such prominent area where such damage can make your complete PCB useless ! You may replace the BGA chip if it's pad is damaged, but if it's counter part pad on the PCB is damaged, it is practically worthless to try and repair it.

Answer to the second question now ! The reason why they could have become irreparable is that the Battery was placed in the handset and the phone was tried to be switched on though there was water inside the phone. Just imagine what would happen if the cabin where all the power cables providing the electric supply to your house or the office gets submerged with water ?
Short-circuits, Sparks, Burning, Fire or nothing ?
Surely, short circuits, burning, Fire everything if the current or the electric power coming here is not switched off from where it is fed, right ?
SO it is not advisable to put the battery in the mobile phone and try to switch it on , if the phone is not free of all kinds of liquids or water. This is the big mistake many mobile phone users and even some technicians do in a hurry to start the phone. So they create short-circuits, burning, fire etc. inside the mobile phone and invite more and more of trouble. You may replace all and any spare that you may find to be getting heated up or suspect to be damaged or defective, but what about the super fine balls of the BGA ICs or other fine thin tracks on any layer of the multilayered PCB or even the inter connection between the various layers of the PCB ? Is it reparable ? I don't think it is. An attentive study of the item no.(3) above will help you understand why this handsets are irreparable.

I have made this particular post totally online and instantaneously absolutely on unknown intuition, so please excuse me for any mistakes I may have made in this post and draw my attention to the mistakes without any hesitations please. Just I like to do it spontaneously some times

Last edited by 1amigo; 08-11-2006 at 03:45.
Old 08-10-2006, 16:46   #227 (permalink)

Member: 269875
Thanks Meter: 0
kindly help, samsung R220 hang and make continuos noise.pls help urgent
Old 08-10-2006, 19:07   #228 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bola Adebayo View Post
kindly help, samsung R220 hang and make continuos noise.pls help urgent
please look in the following threads at
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/sear...archid=9879102

Hope it helps you.
Old 08-10-2006, 23:17   #229 (permalink)

Member: 328896
Hi.. all members, pls help me by continuous posting of cellphone techniques and repair with illustration... i am only beginner technician, need more guides and techniques...thanks
Old 08-11-2006, 09:36   #230 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 167822
Thanks Meter: 13
Quote:
However I have problems with BGA ICs and the likes,here in Nigeria we lack the equipments for such jobs,this had been my handicap,I resort to jumpers most of the time,can this thread help me in anyway?
elaborate your problem mate

what do you need , how to attach the jumpers or where to attach

or how to attach BGA, your question is wild, it falls into different kind topics

such as hardware repair (go to page 13 _reball pdf download there) , trouble shooting etch.

you are in theory and explanation area

"Nice explanation you just made Amigo" KIU

Quote:
pls help me by continuous posting of cellphone techniques and repair with illustration
you better start opening those junks KID so as for you to relate in the topic

Explanations here are pictographic if you already seen the cellphone engine inside.

images may only be uploaded as needed to avoid spamming the board

Last edited by 7th_gear; 08-11-2006 at 09:54.
Old 08-11-2006, 13:41   #231 (permalink)

Member: 327587
very interesting forum !!!
Old 08-11-2006, 19:55   #232 (permalink)

Member: 75439
please i need a software 4 griffin, i only hav d gadget
Old 08-11-2006, 19:57   #233 (permalink)

Member: 75439
kindly snd software of griffin 2my email, tnx a lot. [email protected]
Old 08-12-2006, 04:31   #234 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_wave View Post
kindly snd software of griffin 2my email, tnx a lot. [email protected]

Please look with your eyes wide open before you post. Posting anything anywhere does not help you and causes lot of disturbance to others please understand. Have you got the hardware for griffin ? If you have it, ask the person who sold it to you to give you the software for it or look straight in Griffin Support. It is not difficult to find support of reputed products, particularly if you are using original products and not clones. Even clones can get support some times, but try to find out before buying clones what support is available.

Can I request the Moderators to please remove this thread as the topic is mainly for beginners ?

No disrespect to anyone !
Old 08-12-2006, 05:07   #235 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 167822
Thanks Meter: 13
For those who want to see repair images check thread of Architraj

►►► here ◄◄◄

Old 08-12-2006, 10:01   #236 (permalink)

Member: 315722
hi 1110 display light problame how can i soveld it ?
Old 08-12-2006, 11:55   #237 (permalink)

Member: 320653
Thanks Meter: 2
Hi Amigo!

No More Lessons From You...........
Awaiting.........

Rauf
Old 08-12-2006, 17:53   #238 (permalink)

Member: 186283
Thanks Meter: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanchai View Post
elaborate your problem mate

what do you need , how to attach the jumpers or where to attach

or how to attach BGA, your question is wild, it falls into different kind topics

such as hardware repair (go to page 13 _reball pdf download there) , trouble shooting etch.

you are in theory and explanation area

"Nice explanation you just made Amigo" KIU

you better start opening those junks KID so as for you to relate in the topic

Explanations here are pictographic if you already seen the cellphone engine inside.

images may only be uploaded as needed to avoid spamming the board
Thanx mate for ur concern,Here in Nigeria I havent seen a BGA kit yet.can u direct me to any place I can buy?
I have a nokia 6170,keypad glass IC damaged.I cant replace it (lack of BGA experience and kit)do u know any jumper solution for this problem.
Thanx in anticipation.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:49   #239 (permalink)

Member: 288550
1100 contact service?
what is the solution.
2300 signals not found.why?
6020 automatically power on on attaching battery.?????
and software also corrupt only show white screen?????also 6600???
1100,2300,3310,3510,1110,6020,6220,6600,1600 are flashing why?????
please solve these problems.thanks!
Old 08-13-2006, 07:50   #240 (permalink)

Member: 288550
also 3310 contact service??????????