GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Android based Phones / Tablets

Android based Phones / Tablets For all of your questions relating to the android mobile phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 07:07   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1632215
Thanks Meter: 161
OFFICIAL Android Feature Wishlist Thread

MOD HIJACK: This is now the official Wishlist Thread. Please use it accordingly.

Thanks for the HIJACK.

Instead of discussing crazy apps that would be cool, I think there is still a lot of basic feature improvement that can be done to Android (which might include integrating some current apps in the OS).
Thought it would be good to have this in one convenient thread for the google developers to be able to take note.
Here's a list to get the ball rolling (not in any particular order of importance)

1. Better Caller ID (This might be T-Mobile's fault, but all the numbers that I used to get ID'd, show up as "unknown").
2. Bluetooth Voice recognition? I couldn't get it to work with my motorola set.
3. Virtual Keyboard - I like the Vista Tablet model, but in this case, you would use your thumb to slide the keyboard out when you need it, kind of like you slide out the Main Menu. Although if that got in the way, maybe you could access it through the menu button.
4. I want the option to auto-mount the sd card when connected via USB put back in menu as a check box.
5. Also, the option to choose the time-interval between data auto-syncs.
6. Better battery management functions, profiles, and quicker access to screen brightness, and the other functions that Toggle provides.
7. Make the alarm clock more like Klaxon (minus all the crashing). Big snooze button, back button = dismiss, ability to select any audio in system or sd card, ability to change snooze length (in 1 minutes intervals).
8. Option to remove unnecessary apps, like Amazon MP3.
9. Ability to setup multiple gmail accounts (with one set to master account)
10. Improve email app, allow for multiple message delete, empty trash, search mail
11. Add in-browser Flash support
12. Add OpenOffice-like app to not only read, but create new docs and save to sd card.
13. Add PDF support.
14. Add a file manager. I like Bender, but I think with the support of Google devs, we can make an even better one that integrates a little more seemlessly.
15. Google Earth!!!!!!! I was shocked to see my brother pull up Earth on his ITOUCH!!!! and ashamed that my Google, yeah that's right GOOGLE, phone could not do the same
16. Speaking of iPhones, the two-fingered zoom in/out is just awesome. Not sure if that is software or hardware, but it's just a huge difference is usability. And you won't hear me praise many things about the iPhone.
17. VPN functionality.
18. Fix Auto-connect WiFi. I almost always have to go in and manually connect, says connection problem, but then connects manually just fine.

19. I have a lot of Google Map connectivity issues, while being able to use other network apps fine, could be google server issue. Don't think it is T-Mobile (I'm in LA)
20. Sync contacts with popular desktop apps, such as Evolution, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc...
21. I am not big on IM, but I've heard a lot of frustration in this area, maybe someone else can give input here.
22. I'm going to steal from another thread, even though this is hardware related. I think we need a VGA video camera in the front for video-conferencing. Can you please release this OTA?
23. Tethering phone to laptop.
24. What do you call it when the screen senses the orientation of the phone, well I want that.
25. How could I forget? ability to copy and paste text from non-text edit modes. Maybe special text selection mode?

OK, whew, that's all I got.

But to finish, I never expected the G1 to be perfect, it's 1st gen, so as Beta testers, hopefully Google/HTC/Tmobile are listening to us to improve not only our phones but the next gen as well.

Hey, free consumer feedback right here. We are your customers. Make us happy.