GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Android based Phones / Tablets

Android based Phones / Tablets For all of your questions relating to the android mobile phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2011, 16:38   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 719979
Sonork: 100.1589075
Thanks Meter: 121
Donate money to this user
how to change of the Cid to European HTC-Sensation to accept the Arab update

how to change of the Cid to European HTC-Sensation to accept the Arab update

I wanted to share with you my experience with my HTC-Sensation and the European Default has finally managed to make it receives from this new version 2.3.4 for Android and customized for the Middle East

We need to start to tools adb and fasst Pot I have collected in a file

adb tools

Unzip the file and copy all its contents and create a new folder named adb in the disk: C

then paste the files that you copied it

Now run Command prompt

cd C:\adb

Now make sure that your phone works and is closed and the USB connector of the computer is charging
Do not forget to do the usb debugging on mobile phones

Now enter the following command to make sure you know the program on your mobile

adb devices

Now you are ready for the hard work

Enter the following command

adb reboot-bootloader

Will restart your phone to put Butlodr

Insert the following command to find out the cid to your current

fastboot getvar cid

If your European you will see the following code

HTC__001

But if you see the following code do not need to change it because it is private in the Middle East

HTC__J15

Recommend copy number of the current cid into notepad and save it for you if you wish to return to it later

You can now enter the following command

fastboot oem writecid HTC__J15

will wait a bit to confirm successful operation

If you get a message then complete the process by introducing the following command to restart the mobile Butlodr until the change to take effect
fastboot reboot-bootloader

Now enter the following command and you'll find that the cid has changed to a value that is set in advance on the Middle East
fastboot getvar cid

Now content to enter the latest order to be re-run the device normally
fastboot reboot

Congratulations you from here and become a device receives an update on the Middle East

But there is an important step that must take notice of her that you must install the official Arab Rom again
And so is the update for later without any problems

sorry for mass

el fnan-gsm

Last edited by M7moud 7assan; 09-11-2011 at 16:43.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to M7moud 7assan For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked