GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Lenovo

Lenovo General Lenovo phones discussion, firmwares, solution, help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2014, 14:35   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1800009
Sonork: 100.1654307
Thanks Meter: 806
lenovo a6+ flashing tutorial

NOTE: If this is the first time you’ve actually came here and haven’t installed your phone’s driver yet, please click here. Yesterday, I’ve posted about how to install Lenovo A60+ USB driver on windows 7. You have to do that procedure first in order for you to do firmware upgrading on your Windows 7 or 8 machine.
If you’ve already done that part, now you’re ready to upgrade your phone’s firmware. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do this:
Step 1: Download the tool called MultiDownload here.
Step 2: Download the A60+ S317 firware here. Press the WHITE button.There are two versions for this firmware, the other one is S314. I recommend S317 as most ROMs that we’re going to use for rooting is based on it.

Step 3: Extract mtk_customerdownload_for_A25.rar
Step 4: Extract A60+_S317.rar bbs.lenovomobile.com
It should look like this:

Step 5: Open mtk_customerdownload_for_A25 folder and run MultiDownload.exe (double-click).

NOTE: This may take a while to open. So sit tight and wait for this window to popup and then click OK.

Step 6: Click “Select file”.

Step 7: Select “MT6575_Android_scatter.txt” file from the folder: a60+ > A60+_S317_121015 > A60+_S317_121015_DCC folder.
In my case, it’s located on “C:\Users\LivingSouL\Downloads\A60+\a60+\A60+_S317 _121015\A60+_S317_121015_DCC”

Step 8: Press “Open” and this window will popup again. Press “OK”.

So you’re now ready to upgrade the firmware.
Step 9: Plug the USB Cable to your phone. (DON’T PLUG IT TO THE PC YET)
Step 10: Click Start button.
Step 11: Type “devmgmt.msc” on the search bar without the quotes and press enter. Device Manager will popup.

Step 12: Press and HOLD the Volume UP button on the right side of your phone and then connect the USB cable to your PC while holding the volume up.
You should be able to see “MTK USB Port (COMXX)” under “Ports (COM & LPT)” list. (In my case, it’s COM7. If you’re not seeing anything like this, you probably haven’t installed the driver yet. Please click here.)

You can now safely let go of the Volume UP button and let the phone sit in a safe place, connected to the USP Port.

Step 13: On your SPMultiDownload Customer, check the corresponding port your phone is assigned to, and also check the “Auto PL”. (In my case, it’s COM7)

Step 14: Click “Start”. From this point, don’t touch anything until it finishes upgrading the firmware. This may take some time.

Step 15: If it displays “START” after the blue circle like this, you can now unplug your phone from the USB Cable.

CONGRATULATIONS! You’re half way to rooting your phone.
Step 16: The firmware we’ve just uploaded to our phone is in Chinese. So you just have to go to:
  1. Touch the menu button in the lower center of your phone screen.
  2. Touch the “Gear” icon for “Settings”.
  3. Touch the “Language & keyboard” menu which has a “pink icon with a letter A…” on it
  4. Touch the first menu which is “Select Language”
  5. Touch “English”
I’m sorry I’m not able to post screen shots. Just follow the steps and you’ll be able to set it to English.
So your firmware is now S317 but it’s not rooted yet. The next procedure will be the ROOTING.
The Following User Says Thank You to mobite For This Useful Post: