GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Android based Phones / Tablets

Android based Phones / Tablets For all of your questions relating to the android mobile phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 01:27   #1 (permalink)
Cheater -Don't Deal with him-

Member: 686535
Sonork: 1592667
Thanks Meter: 108
root u alcatel 918d

Originally Posted by kmakro Still nothing with the root (v23AAG0). I've been trying all the methods unlockroot,gingerbreak and SOC for days,more than 50 tries in SOC, but no luck yet. Tried also all drivers bu nothing..
I found it! I have finally rooted the 918D! I have tried all the methods reported here with no luck, but finally I found a new root method that propably works for all the 918D!

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

First o all a BIG THANKS to the member Breakk from www.movilesdualsim.com forum who found and posted this solution. The original link is this: http://www.movilesdualsim.com/foro/t...droid-2-3-5%29

In short:
1) Take a backup of your important files from the phone (contacts, applications, etc.). Propably you will not lose anything, but its better to be 100% safe. Make sure the battery is fully charged.
2) Turn off your phone and open the Device Manager on your pc. Connect the mobile to the usb port. An unknown device will appear instantly, it will disappear and then it will reappear. Right click on it and choose to update driver manualy.Depending on the OS you have (xp, vista, 7) install the appropriate driver from here Drivers MTK6516_PL-2303_para_XP, vista y win 7.rar
You should notice now a new device that is be called "usb modem driver modify by mobileuncle.com". Make sure you have properly install the driver, disconnect and reconnect your mobile phone in the same usb port to confirm this. After successful installation the device dissappears from the Device Manager after a few seconds, don't worry - this is normal. Now unplug the phone from the usb port of your computer.
3) Download the system.img from this link system918.rar and decompress.
4) Download the flash tool and scatter.txt from here herramientas-918D.rar and decompress.
5) Open flashtool.exe and right click on the yellow foldoer button on the right that says "Scatter-loading", browse for the file MT6573_Android_scatter_Alcatel_OT_918D.txt (located in the folder you downloaded in step 4) and coose open. In the two windows that will appear about the BMT and the bootloader just press ok.
6) From the list that appeared scroll down and click in the box "Android". After that click on the word Android and browse for the file system.img (the file you downloaded in Step 3) and open it.
7) Now click the button Download in the top of the flashtool window. This will initiate a 15 second countdown at the bottom of the window, plug the 918D in the usb port during this countodown. You will see a yellow bar, wait until it goes reaches 100%. Once this is done there will be a message that will report that you successfully completed the process,also a green/white circle will appear in the flashtool and on the screen of your mobile the battery charging indicator will appear. Unplug the phone from the usb port and press the power. The phone will start and the Android logo will appear, now just wait a few minutes without touching anything on the phone (buttons or touchscreen), it will take some time to load the system.img. Once the screen displays the menu that asks for password the for 2 SIM cards you are ready, you have succesfully rooted the 918D!

Ofcourse i have to say that I do not take any responsibility if anything goes wrong with your phone. Personally I didn't experience any problems and also didn't lose anything useful (contacts,applications or something else) from my phone. At last I have ROOT!

original thread

good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to roklat For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2012, 10:29   #2 (permalink)

Member: 1801966
Thanks Meter: 0
Hi do you have a copy of the system918.rar as the website to download requires a password, i have searched everywher for another source or password but to no avail thanks
Old 08-29-2012, 10:59   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 194907
Thanks Meter: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb2006 View Post
Hi do you have a copy of the system918.rar as the website to download requires a password, i have searched everywher for another source or password but to no avail thanks
918 system rar password???????
Old 08-29-2012, 11:08   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 194907
Thanks Meter: 114
password is breakk.movilesdualsim.com
Old 08-31-2012, 10:56   #5 (permalink)

Member: 1804494
HI,
could you help me please?
Windows 7 professional system.
918D

Everything was okay ( only small differences to the describing ) until the last step.(7)
After clicking the download button and connecting the phone I received the following message:
EBOOT ERROR16008)
[Android] Partition size changed!
[HIN]:
Partial images download error.
The following partition must be down FULL downloaded all together.

I tried to download the image again, but the same error...

I'm using a 16GB card ( original 2 GB). With out the card the same error...

What to do? Could somebody send me the file?
Old 09-02-2012, 21:49   #6 (permalink)

Member: 1804494
Hi,
I have now the solution for my 2.3.6, see the link below:
TUTORIAL ROOT ALCATEL OT-918 D (Android 2.3.5) y (Android 2.3.6) - Página 22
Regards
Old 09-30-2012, 09:11   #7 (permalink)

Member: 1818236
Ho un problema, la prima volta che collego il cel (da chiuso) a una porta usb mi fa vedere l'icona d'installazione driver nn trova il driver e dice periferica sconosciuta, vado in "gestione periferiche" e non trovo nemmeno l'icona del driver non riconosciuto per installare i driver scaricati;
ringrazio anticipatamente.
Old 10-01-2012, 13:48   #8 (permalink)

Member: 1818236
I have a problem, the first time I connected the mobile phone (closed) to a USB port it makes me see the icon installation “No drivers found and says unknown device”, then I go to the "device manager" on my pc and I can not even find the driver icon because it is not recognized to install the drivers downloaded;
Old 01-19-2013, 06:53   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 817412
Sonork: 1618066
Thanks Meter: 69
help me plizz drivers no work
name

android phone driver

help me plizzzzzzzz