GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Symphony

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 08:23   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 775086
Sonork: 100.1603609
Thanks Meter: 376
Thumbs up Symphony w25 / Ktouch w650 / Mobistar s01 / Karbonn a7 ICS

Always remember to BACKUP your SYSTEMs NANDROID BACKUP with CWM. * I am really not responsible for any damage to your phone; it’s all upon your responsibility. *Let me know if any edit is recommended by you.
Quote:

Thanks for rainwalker for this nice update
Ahh! I love my ICS rom and my symphony w25. I am a perfectionist, so I took my time to study and gone throw lots of trials and errors to finalize the ICS rom. Thanks to all those Brilliant senior developers from XDA for their numerous helps and tips. I will start by providing some screenshot of the ICS rom.

Beautiful isn’t it? Now let’s start. Just make sure you read and follow everything I say from now. Upgrading process is divided in 3 steps actually:
  1. Updating Baseband
  2. Flashing AP(Factory) ROM
  3. Flashing Finalized NANDROID ROM.

YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL STEPS ONE BY ONE, DO NOT DO ANYTHING YOU DON’T KNOW, IF YOU ARE A TOTAL NEWBIE, THIS IS NOT FOR YOU KIDDO. DON’T BLAIM ME FOR YOUR MISTAKES.

ICS_Stable_sw25_rom Featurs :
  • Fully Rooted
  • Updated SU and Busybox binaries
  • Init.d Support, busybox runpart
  • App2SD enabled
  • Super Fast
  • All Sensors working
  • Better Battery Life
  • Better Network Reception
  • ALL new Jelly Bean keyboard
  • Cracked PowerAmp Music Player
  • Added
  • And many other tweaks I can’t remember right now.

* Points to be noted
  1. You need to enable or disable Gsensor from Settings > Display by your self, Status ber shortcut don’t work.
  2. You need to set APN manually from Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Select Subscription > Manage Card
  3. System is already configured for Bangladeshi Users.

Download all Files Listed below :

AP_BP_FOR_ICS_S01

o (AP+BP)_ICS_S01.7z.001 – (AP+BP)_ICS_S01.7z.001

o (AP+BP)_ICS_S01.7z.002 – (AP+BP)_ICS_S01.7z.002

ASDK_Files

o installer_r20.0.3-windows.exe – installer_r20.0.3-windows.exe

o jdk-7-windows-i586.exe – jdk-7-windows-i586.exe

Drivers

o S01_Drivers.7z – S01_Drivers.7z

S01_Flash_tools

o S01_flash_tools.7z – S01_flash_tools.7z

Symphony_ICS_stable_1

o clockworkmod_rainwalker.7z.001 – clockworkmod_rainwalker.7z.001

o clockworkmod_rainwalker.7z.002 – clockworkmod_rainwalker.7z.002

CWM for S01

o CWM-English.rar – CWM-English.rar

7zip

o 7-Zip
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shuvo007 For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 04-16-2013, 08:25   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Thumbs up

File Extraction :
  1. Download all files in a folder like this location “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\”
  2. Select files like this photo and Use 7zip to Extract.
  3. Make use you have folders Extracted like this

Updating Baseband :

This process is pretty nasty. I made a successful Update after trying a number of times and fails, after that I installed WINDOWS XP SP3 and successfully Updated Baseband. So I would recommend you guys to Start this Upgrading Process with a Freshly Installed Windows XP. I will try to give you as much as possible visual guide.

*It is not mandatory to install Android SDK and Java Runtime.
  • Install “jdk-7-windows-i586.exe”
  • Install “installer_r20.0.3-windows.exe” , make sure you have selected options red marked in this photo when Android SDK download files.
  • After download complete, Go to “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\(AP+BP)_ICS_S01\(AP+BP)_ICS_S0 1\ICS_S01” This folder.
  • Extract “NPRG7627A.zip” by right clicking it 7-zip > Extract Here
  • Copy “NPRG7627A.hex” to “591357_8376_WCDMA_V0005” folder.
  • Switch off your phone, remove battery, SIM cards, SD card.
  • Place battery on your phone, Hold POWER BUTTON+VOLUME DOWN BUTTON together, you will see “QPST Entry Download”.
  • Now, Connect your phone to your pc.
  • You will see a popup like this, cancel it.
  • Go to your device manager and follow the procedure below :

For you the driver location will be “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\S01_Drivers\drivers\Driver\HK1 1-VB717-27\HK11-VB717-27_1.0.56\Win32\x86\free”, Click Ok, and press Next. Driver will be installed. Close it. Go to device manager and you will see something like this :

• In my case i got COM3, you may have diffrent port number. Now go to “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\S01_flash_tools\fast_boot ” and Open “fastboot1.0.2.4.exe”. You will see something like this :
  • Click on “BP Browse” select folder “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\(AP+BP)_ICS_S01\(AP+BP)_ICS_S0 1\ICS_S01\591357_8376_WCDMA_V0005″, Put the port number on “BP Port”, take a deep breath and press Download, download should start if everything is alright, after download complete “fastboot1.0.2.4.exe” will close by itself. and you need to pull your phone battery to shut it down and disconnect the phone form your pc.

AP Upload :
  • Place your phone battery on the phone, press POWER BUTTON + VOLUME UP and wait until you see a GREEN display on your phone.
  • Connect you phone and you will see a new Device is found named Android, now install the drivers by following procedure like previously shown and use the folder “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\S01_Drivers\drivers\Driver\adb _driver” for drivers.
  • After driver installation complected, go to “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\S01_flash_tools\EMMC_AP” and open “QUALFAST2.0.4(Factory).exe”
  • Click on “SEL PATH” button and select “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\(AP+BP)_ICS_S01\(AP+BP)_ICS_S0 1\ICS_S01\TBW591357_9999_V0001_2″ folder click ok. you will see :
  • Now press “OK” and wait for first “Waiting Devices…” to compleate and then disconnect the phone, pull your battery and start your phone. ICS should start with creepy foreign language.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shuvo007 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2013, 08:28   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Thumbs up

Flashing Finalized Stable NANDROID ROM :

Default firmware rom do not come with CWM installed as recovery, so we need to port it now. This is a pretty simple procedure.
  • Download CWM-English.rar from This link : CWM-English.rar
  • Copy it to “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\”
  • Extract using 7-zip > Extract Here.

Shutdown your phone, insert your sim and sd card. Press POWER BUTTON + VOLUME UP button till the GREEN display appears.
  • Connect your phone with the pc.
  • Open Command prompt and type :cd F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\CWM-English (press enter)Fastboot devices (press enter)
  • You should see something like “???????????? fastboot” Now type :fastboot boot recovery-english.img (press enter)
  • Wait sometime, CWM recovery should boot.
  • Now, from the menu, Select “wipe data/factory reset”
  • After finishing slect “wipe cache partition”
  • After that, go to “mount & Storage” > “Mount Usb Drive”
  • Now sd card will be mounted on your pc. Copy “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\clockworkmod_rainwalker\ clockworkmod” to your sd card.
  • Select “Unmount” from your phone. And Select “Go back”
  • Select “Backup and Restore”
  • Select “Restore”
  • Select “ICS_W25_Stable” and confirm, wait for restore to complete, then reboot.
  • Yah! You are now on ISC stable. Enjoy.

Thanks From the deepest corner of my heart to :

prasad12ka4 , ahmed.zunaid , vinodkbishnoi (for poviding stability of the rom) & all tose person who helped me for this achivement

Last edited by shuvo007; 04-16-2013 at 08:38.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shuvo007 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2013, 11:17   #4 (permalink)

Member: 2093835
Thanks Meter: 0
I am using Win-8, and trying to upgrade my karbonn a7+, but there is problem aeries that BP Download failed.. So please suggest...
Old 12-29-2013, 09:14   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiku212 View Post
I am using Win-8, and trying to upgrade my karbonn a7+, but there is problem aeries that BP Download failed.. So please suggest...
Please If you want to help somebody, describe the complete process, I am also trying in winxp sp3. The same problem occurred that BP DOWNLOAD FAILED....

AND YOU DON'T REPLY THE MESSAGE...........
Old 12-29-2013, 13:09   #6 (permalink)

Finally I got ICS for my Karbonn A7+, Thank you...... Actually its done by Win-8.....