GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Axe Box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 10:41   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 272581
Thanks Meter: 118
tmobile G1 stuck on activation screen

hi

I am trying to remove activation screen on tmobile g1.

i tried the adb setprop .......... command but that one is not working. Is there a way i can avoid the activation screen by flashing the phone with gold card? and how do i know if the phone is unlocked or not? because it showing network signal strength on the top right icon (meaning it can access network)

pls helpp
Old 11-29-2011, 10:49   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 513874
Thanks Meter: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by kachman View Post
hi

I am trying to remove activation screen on tmobile g1.

i tried the adb setprop .......... command but that one is not working. Is there a way i can avoid the activation screen by flashing the phone with gold card? and how do i know if the phone is unlocked or not? because it showing network signal strength on the top right icon (meaning it can access network)

pls helpp
First activate ur phone with google account...
Old 11-29-2011, 10:49   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 4627
Sonork: 57528:debeliamark
Thanks Meter: 1,034
You need a WiFi connection or a SIM card with data subscription and there easy can be changed active profile to other that T-Mobile data service - this will activate your unit, BUT - must be unlocked ( or have unlock code )
Old 11-29-2011, 11:11   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by debeliamark View Post
You need a WiFi connection or a SIM card with data subscription and there easy can be changed active profile to other that T-Mobile data service - this will activate your unit, BUT - must be unlocked ( or have unlock code )
man how do you expect me to activate wifi when it stuck on activation screen? and i am in zambia, there is no t-mobile here. my sim has a pay-per-use type of internet, not a contract or data plan. I use airtime to connect to the internet. so i guess this is not my option either because no 3g/gprs/edge icon appears on the top right corner..i also asked how to know if my phone is unlocked or not. when i put a local sim, it does not ask for unlock code, it just show signal strength icon
Old 11-29-2011, 15:59   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 391664
Sonork: Python
Thanks Meter: 1,063
Wink

Just use rooted rom no need activation it will show u option (SKIP) than skip it
Old 11-29-2011, 17:14   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplegsm View Post
Just use rooted rom no need activation it will show u option (SKIP) than skip it
managed to get 3g internet working using my local sim card...device is now activated....now where do i get rooted roms. Do u have any link for a recommended one?