GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Forum Announcements and Support > Forum Announcements

Forum Announcements Here you can find all forum news, changes, Updates and other useful information about Gsm-Forum.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2007, 21:15   #31 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 8028
Thanks Meter: 0

read the forum 2 members has tested the machine so ask them

Old 01-25-2007, 12:04   #32 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 105916
Thanks Meter: 1
Because of my post deleted by our lovely admin ABOALI, i post again!

I still cant use my RE-7500, because i doesnt received user manual, and drivers, and softwares.

SO, have somebody used ever this device? If yes, please give me some info how to use! Because Jovy system doesnt reply me!

Old 01-25-2007, 12:31   #33 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 4980
Thanks Meter: 3
Access to Overseas Websites Slows to A Crawl Due to Earthquake in Taiwan

Liaoning-gateway.com 2006-12-28

Rescue workers search for survivors at a collapsed building in southern Pingtung county December 27, 2006 after a strong earthquake shook Taiwan. [Reuters]

Access to overseas websites from the Chinese mainland slowed to a crawl yesterday as a powerful earthquake off the Taiwan coast knocked off international undersea fibre-optic cables on Tuesday, affecting communications around Asia.

It is believed to be the most serious disruption since 2001, when a submarine cable connecting the mainland with the United States was cut off more than four times, mostly by fishing boats.

It is not clear when normal service will be restored.

China Telecom Corp, the mainland's largest fixed-line carrier, said six undersea cables were cut off 15 kilometres from the southern coast of Taiwan, causing severe Internet congestion on the mainland. International voice calls were also affected.

A survey by Internet portal Sina.com yesterday showed that 97 per cent of Internet users on the mainland had difficulty accessing overseas websites, and 57 per cent said their lives and work were affected. But access to mainland websites remains normal.

Such disruptions underscore the increasing importance of back-up systems.

"We have to use alternative cables as well as satellite communications," said Xu Yongming, an official in charge of China Netcom's international network.

He added that mainland operators are working with their overseas counterparts to repair the damaged cables.

"Aftershocks off Taiwan make it even harder to repair the damaged cables," said a China Telecom spokeswoman.

The disruption affected telecommunications services in Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore and Japan and paralyzed some banking services.

In Hong Kong, Internet connection, long distance calls and online financial transactions were affected, but the stock exchange said operations were normal.

Internet connection speed was much slower than normal. Some overseas websites in the United States, Britain and Taiwan could not be accessed. Emails and online chatting were barely functioning.

Internet Society of Hong Kong Chairman Charles Mok said overseas users connecting to Hong Kong and the mainland's websites were also affected.

Hong Kong Computer Emergency Response Team Coordination Centre Manager Roy Ko said it might take months to repair the cables.

Taiwan's Chunghwa Telecom may be hardest hit. It said repairing the cable could take three weeks, adding that almost no calls could be made to Southeast Asia.

Chunghwa said voice calls to the mainland, Japan and the United States were down 10, 11 and 40 per cent of normal capacity.

The Chinese mainland is less affected as operators here have alternative lines away from quake-hit Taiwan, said Xu with Netcom.

He said it may take a shorter time to restore communications on the mainland but limited capacity could slow down access to overseas websites, especially during peak hours.

Current Internet networks on the mainland already face a bottleneck in capacity given the growing popularity of broadband Internet access as well as data-heavy services such as video downloads.

At the end of November, the mainland had 51 million broadband Internet subscribers, an increase of 13.7 million compared to the end of last year, according to the Ministry of Information Industry.

China Telecom Executive Vice-President Leng Rongquan last week said the current submarine cable network linking China and the US will not be able to meet demand after 2008.

Six operators from China, South Korea and the United States including Verizon Business last week signed a deal to build a submarine cable linking China and the United States at an investment of US$500 million.

The new cable will have more than 60 times the overall capacity of the existing one linking the United States and China.

Teddy Ng, Louise Ho and Lillian Liu contributed to the story from Hong Kong

(China Daily )

Old 01-25-2007, 12:57   #34 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 4980
Thanks Meter: 3
China Loses Over 9,000 Domain Names in Earthquake
Print Version
E-Mail Article
Digg It
Reprints

AFX News
01/05/07 9:35 AM PT

Thousands of dot-com domain names held by Chinese users have vanished from world domain name registries due to last month's earthquake, which severed underwater telecommunications lines near Taiwan. Reportedly, a large number of those domain names have been snatched by overseas investors, causing businesses in China to lose money.

Rackspace: Managed Hosting backed by Fanatical Support™. Learn more.

Over 9,000 Chinese Web site operators have lost the use of their dot-com Internet addresses due to telecom problems caused by last month's earthquake near Taiwan, the ******* Times reported, citing domain registry sources.

The quake, which severed major international telecommunications lines, caused thousands of dot-com domain names held by Chinese users to vanish from world registries, the sources said.

Lingering disruptions to overseas Web connections have also prevented them from accessing overseas registries to re-register the names.

"So far, a large number of domain names held by businesses have been snatched by overseas investors, causing businesses to suffer losses," the newspaper said. It gave no examples.

Domain names ending in dot-com or other suffixes provide easily recognizable names for Web site addresses, which are actually a series of underlying numbers.

Though underlying Web sites are unaffected, the paper said more than 9,000 domain-holders had lost use of their dot-com addresses, and the number was expected to grow while the Internet disruptions last.

The undersea quake damaged cables that carry most of the region's telecom traffic, sparking widespread communications disruptions affecting Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Korea and elsewhere.

Additional problems occurred as far away as Australia.

© 2006 AFX News Limited. All rights reserved.
© 2006 ECT News Network. All rights reserved.

Old 01-25-2007, 16:38   #35 (permalink)

Member: 429470
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronkor2000 View Post
China Loses Over 9,000 Domain Names in Earthquake
The thing is they saved more than 1c by having only one cable connecting them to overseas, thats the main thing in china isnt it... to save 1c or more is a good business decision?

Whats redundancy for anyway?

Old 01-25-2007, 16:48   #36 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 4249
Thanks Meter: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mind View Post
Because of my post deleted by our lovely admin ABOALI, i post again!

I still cant use my RE-7500, because i doesnt received user manual, and drivers, and softwares.

SO, have somebody used ever this device? If yes, please give me some info how to use! Because Jovy system doesnt reply me!
I am using Re-7500 from nearly 2 months , send me your mail in privet message and i can send you the software and driver and usermanual

Old 01-28-2007, 23:39   #37 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 437621
Thanks Meter: 19
Is this unit even available to the US market. There are no distributors and there doesn't seem to be a version that uses US voltage requirements. Maybe this unit doesn't meet US standards and cannot be sold here. I know there are tough certifications that need to be obtained which scares off many manufacturers. Jovy isn't even returning my emails, so my guess is they won't sell here.

So this being the case. Are there any, non handheld type, lead free IR systems under $2K USD sold in the US. The T862 is also not available in the US.

Thanks
Dan

Old 01-29-2007, 05:22   #38 (permalink)

Member: 429470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Collins View Post
Is this unit even available to the US market. There are no distributors and there doesn't seem to be a version that uses US voltage requirements. .....................
................................>>>>

Thanks
Dan
Dan try looking at this item, he offers high power AC converter/transformers that would do the job, from 110v in 220v out. Possibly the 1000W model would be neccesary though. And hes in the USA, or search for other "step up transformers" with enough power handling for the rework system.

Old 01-29-2007, 15:16   #39 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 437621
Thanks Meter: 19
LTec,
Thanks for info. I don't mind using step-up. Problem is getting an IR station manufacturer to ship to US, but I may have found my solution. One of the kind members of this forum offered his RE-7500 to me, so I will try to make that deal happen. Seems from the RE-7500 specs that it runs 50/60hz, so I should be good to go with a step-up transformer. I can get a 1500W unit for $50USD.

Dan

Closed Thread