GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2019, 19:53   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2532158
Thanks Meter: 8
2 x Iphone SE Signal Problems, One with Shorted Chip - U_ANTPAC_RF (RF1346)

Ok so I have 2 Iphone SE's with similar problems:

Pink one -> Shorted Chip - U_ANTPAC_RF (RF1346).

So this came shorted causing tristar to not function properly as they both run off the 3V line, removing this chip fixed the other problems.

Now the phone appears to work normally but just very occasionally drops from 4g to 3g. I've only tested around my house.

First thing is, there is no info anywhere about this chip, and is not available to buy! Of course I can buy an Icloud board and remove it but does anyone know where it can be bought, is it under another name???

Also do I really need to replace it, if I give it back is it going to be un-noticable or will there be many occasions of signal problems. As far as I can see it is making a connection to the top antenna??

-----------------------------------

Second Black SE : Signal is always there with at least 2 bars in house but no 3G or 4g and usually won't ring out unless outside.... so why are there 2 bars??

It had some minor liquid damage that I took photos of, I will add soon but I checked all continuity to antennaes and only relevent area was this antenna switch -> U_SWUANT_RF which on the pink SE is missing and has the 0 ohm resister bypassing it. I tried this but no difference! It is covered in resin anyway so doesnt look affected.

No shorts found anywhere.

So any ideas on these, also any explanations how all the antennas work would be great as no info anywhere? Or any info generally about how modern smart phones use the antennas?? I heard there are 3 antennas?

Both have been tested in good chassis. I believe the pink just needs that chip but can it just be left?

On my own Iphone 5S, dis-connecting the bottom antenna on the charge port appears to make no difference so what is if for?

Many thanks.
Old 03-22-2019, 17:40   #2 (permalink)

Member: 2532158
Thanks Meter: 8
I have photos but it always says failed to upload??

I have photos but it always says failed to upload??

Any ideas?

Size is smaller than it says....