GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2015, 09:38   #46 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 2136675
Thanks Meter: 0

Hey guys..i have a iphone 5s with error 1 on restore. A lot of people says that this is the baseband IC problem and i need to rehot it.

If i wil rehot it and it will still not work, can i change it by using parts from ebay or aliexpress ? I do have the necesary equipament and a friend who can do this.

Please reply...phone is like new and dead
Old 11-11-2015, 15:48   #47 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 523496
Sonork: ammachis
Thanks Meter: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wites OM Tesla View Post
Advice#1 Most important in repair when you receive an device for repair is INVESTIGATION under stereomicroscope entire board to OBSERVE damaged,missing,corroded,burned etc components.

Advice#2 Not all filters or resistors can jumped with wire that is mistake,for example filter that stay near lcd connector for light if you jump it this will overload the ic and coil even PMIC and can burn as a result you will need to replace light coil or ic in place of small filter,this why to jump is NOT RECOMMENDED.

Advice#3 Never heat glued ic’s or chip as this is NOT RECOMMENDED,only reballing will fix 100% loosen solder balls after device was dropped,fall,kick etc.

Advice#4 If members want 100% help on this forum they need to post full info about faulty phone,water damaged,dropped,fall,kick,connected to copy China charger etc.Also explain what you try as for members will be more easy to advice in right way!

Advice#5 All readings that i ask here are done with multimeter switched at diode/beep testing or if not available 2 in 1 function then use only diode testing,to make a reading hold Black probe to GND Red to Positive track and vice versa Red to GND and Black to Positive,so the track you take readings must have 2 different readings that you compare with working board and can see if there is no short.

Advice#6 It is recommended before do hardware repair on board,to test faulty board with known good working housing and LCD/Touch.

Feel free to ask anything here about rework!
how to reball glued ics please suggest
Old 01-25-2016, 10:16   #48 (permalink)

Member: 2223234
Thanks Meter: 3
very informative thanks.
Old 03-15-2016, 16:04   #49 (permalink)

Member: 2370992
Sonork: 1663758:NAZEEM
Thanks Meter: 2
Apple iphone 5s error 9 .....................
Old 03-30-2016, 22:51   #50 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 2553311
Thanks Meter: 6
I have a problem when trying to clean the pads after the chip removal, the pads get "connected" with the solder that remains on the board, there is any way to avoid this and to "desconnect" then?

Enviado de meu Nexus 5 usando Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2016, 04:56   #51 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2350837
Thanks Meter: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagner.phillipe View Post
i have a problem when trying to clean the pads after the chip removal, the pads get "connected" with the solder that remains on the board, there is any way to avoid this and to "desconnect" then?

Enviado de meu nexus 5 usando tapatalk
apply good quality flux before cleaning them
Old 07-05-2016, 21:53   #52 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 125037
Sonork: 100.1649338
Thanks Meter: 254
Donate money to this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTRANOVA View Post
After replacing connector of touch screen I got blue display after logo show, then keep restarting.
Any solution guys !
Most probably you have put wrong screw at wrong position ending up with the "classic" long screw damaged underneath traces...

take the board out and analyze it with microscope
Old 07-07-2016, 07:15   #53 (permalink)

Member: 2580714
Thnx alot for the advice
Old 07-25-2016, 01:28   #54 (permalink)

Member: 2598645
Thanks Meter: 1
black resin on resistors and caps removal?

How do u go about removing the black glue on the tiny components like resistors and caps. im scared to scrap it off because it might pry off the tiny components. please advise and thanks in advance
Old 07-26-2016, 00:22   #55 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2453408
Thanks Meter: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipsta View Post
How do u go about removing the black glue on the tiny components like resistors and caps. im scared to scrap it off because it might pry off the tiny components. please advise and thanks in advance
First you must use microscope to do this especially for 01005, for 0402 and above you can use mag. glass i guess
Use heatgun (settings like 250/90 on quick heatguns) and very thin tweezers or easier available insulin syringe and just scrap it off lightly around element, heat will nicely soften the glue and it will come off easily

OK SO NOW MY QUESTION TIME

Can i reball A8 cpu without reballing upper ram part of it? Is this possible to for example mask ram with capton tape so heat wont damage solder balls between upper and lower part and remove cpu from motherboard? Anyone tried this?
The Following User Says Thank You to Kradziej For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2016, 03:03   #56 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Kradziej;11944691]First you must use microscope to do this especially for 01005, for 0402 and above you can use mag. glass i guess
Use heatgun (settings like 250/90 on quick heatguns) and very thin tweezers or easier available insulin syringe and just scrap it off lightly around element, heat will nicely soften the glue and it will come off

can i use a solder iron at 250 degrees f to heat black glue instead? then carefully scrape with a needle?
Old 07-26-2016, 04:16   #57 (permalink)

Member: 2262473
Sonork: robert
nice bro....................................
Old 07-26-2016, 05:38   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfreiresjr View Post
nice bro....................................
no it's a question not a statement. would u think using a solder iron will heat the blacke glue without damaging components? pls advise
Old 07-26-2016, 12:17   #59 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2453408
Thanks Meter: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipsta View Post
no it's a question not a statement. would u think using a solder iron will heat the blacke glue without damaging components? pls advise
you wont heat it properly with solder iron, maybe you could scrap some with solder iron but with little efficiency i think
Old 10-31-2016, 15:59   #60 (permalink)

Member: 2643337
Help!!

Hi Guys,

I am in a really sticky situation. I had an iphone 6 - 64gb.

I had tons of data on it.

Was using whatsapp when i encountered the white screen.

I connected to itunes and it gave me the option to Update or Restore. I chose update. Got UNKNOWN ERROR -1

Can someone help or recommend me someone that can. I live in the UK