GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 16:09   #76 (permalink)

Member: 1172227
Thanks Meter: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIPLOCK View Post
@guileukow
man thank you very much!
with your good advice and the help of my tornado TP i succeded to solve my charging probleme on my 3G phone!
the IC was charge IC (or some kind of diode or protection....)
but by linking the 2 lines, phone is charging and can communicate with pc again!
sorry i don't know why, i am unable to post picture...
thanks again
best regards
Hey guys!
i'm a poor frenchie guy with a 3g iphone water-dammaged (be indulgent with my english...).
So i replace the battery (the old was fully corroded), and like lots of tuto on web i put my motherboard/LCD/case into rice recipient for a night.
The next day, i replace the battery and the phone restart!! But no charging/communicating with the pc. However, it's say to plug with itunes because the phone is unable to find is IMEI/ICCD.

By entering the DFU mode, the usb is recognise, and itunes let me chose to restaure the phone, i answer ok.
Then white screen, and error 23.
But the problem is the new battery is now discharged, and phone is in black screen!! unable to restore and recharge!

The part u specified is protected by a metallic case, so i can't see the components under.
You said you link 2 points betwen us, but there is 4 points! u link it horizontally or vertically? (see picture inside my post).

OR

I think the phone is not dead, and the restore mode require charging under usb to continue, so mine can't!

Please send me answers to put him back to life!

(tanks for the greats and patients readers!)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mathieurob For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 11-29-2009, 19:24   #77 (permalink)

Someone can help me?
Old 11-29-2009, 22:25   #78 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 86301
Thanks Meter: 107
c est la solultion 2 man! j'ai testé sa marche impec!/it is solution number2! tested on my phone
good luck/bon courage
Old 11-30-2009, 14:01   #79 (permalink)

ok merci beaucoup !!

Je suppose que l'oxydation brule les pistes concernées, toute façon il part en SAV apple aujourd'hui, si il revient non réparé/remplacé je tenterais l'astuce!
Par contre on est obligé de détruire la cage métallique qui entoure les composants pour y accéder je suppose?

Par contre me concernant erreur 23 lors de la restauration via itunes, je pense que la flash modchip est endommagée.

Verdict mercredi!

Merci encore l'ami, tu sauves un paquet de personnes
Old 11-30-2009, 21:07   #80 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 334773
Thanks Meter: 92
sir iphone 3g speaker not working sir , i change that speaker sometimes its

working for 5 to 7 calls and then its working sir what complaint it will be .

it should change the speaker stip too sir plz help me what to do sir
Old 12-02-2009, 03:46   #81 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 287366
Thanks Meter: 11
Solution 1 is right. left side is resistor right side diod
Old 12-02-2009, 04:44   #82 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 86301
Thanks Meter: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by soho_bel View Post
Solution 1 is right. left side is resistor right side diod
so why i solve my problem with sol2? sol1 just don't work for me.
can you explain?
thx
Old 12-06-2009, 21:11   #83 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 467437
Thanks Meter: 31
iphone 3G camera problem and no network or wifi

hello guys, iphone 3G in my hands, it was 2.1 fw version, when u turn the camera on, no image, no network and no wifi, i disassembled the phone and turned it on holding all the components in hand, observed that a lot of heat was generated from the multi pin capacitors on the other side of the camera connector, i took out the camera and the heat disapeard, so i guess that there is something shorted in the camera, i don't have yet another camera to try with but, there is still no wifi signal and network .... NO SERVICE, updated the phone to 3.1.2, same problem no WIFI ... and no network, one more problem, if the iphone is not unlocked, but still activated, would i be able to connect to a wifi network ? any way .. what can i do to fix this ? i think that the phone was a little watter damaged.
Does anyone can also help me with a picture from the NAND flash round and round it, not from upper side, i see some interrupted pins between the flash and the board.
(pic showing what ware the components that ware burning when camera connected )

10x to everyone ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic1.jpg (43.2 KB, 2131 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fricosu007 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2009, 15:11   #84 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 221978
Someone has a solution for an iPhone that is always showing "not simcard installed"?

Regards
Old 12-09-2009, 01:44   #85 (permalink)

Member: 1179430
Thanks Meter: 8
Wink Missing Antenna Capacitor

Hello guys, firts of all, thanx for the hard work! Great diagrams and big help!!

My problem is that I get a 3g iphone with no signal, and when I open it the problems seems to be that there is no link between the pcb and the main antenna, the pcb is broken on the botom that conects to the main antenna, so I had no idea wich cap were there... As everithing else work fine, I wonder if someone could tell me wich capacitor is soldered on the pcb, on the track that conects to the main antenna (specs as size doesn´t matters).
I donot know why I can´t atach anything... but it is the capacitor next to where the main antenna conects... Also, I´m right to asume that the other part of this edge is for conecting ground and the aluminium frame?
Thanx in advance!
Chad
Old 12-09-2009, 13:41   #86 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 221978
For what is the component marked on the photo?

The Following User Says Thank You to schumythebest2 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 03:37   #87 (permalink)

Here is the pic of what I need (I don´t know why I still can´t get attachements...)
please someone interested in helping me I would really appreciate!
everything upside the fracture line is missing (I´m not so rude, I get the iphone without signal for repair and thats seems to be the fault, some kind of neandertalian technician trying to disasemble it without internet and with a hammer only)... I get a way to solder some wire to the antena line, but I miss the capacitor and also the metal that connects to the frame. So what I need is a diagram of the antena and the conector to the frame (if it doesn´t go directly).

Thanks in advance!
Chad

PW: I have allready repaired the power button flex, so you can see that I´m not interested of replacing anything hehe
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chad720 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 21:24   #88 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 739941
Thanks Meter: 111
Remove the slot of external antenna, and sticker , take the wire form pads (where you connect antenna) to the place under sticker
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to artusb For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 22:07   #89 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 11325
Thanks Meter: 266
@ moderator

please place this thread as a sticky... guess everyone agrees

thanks
Old 12-11-2009, 00:20   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artusb View Post
Remove the slot of external antenna, and sticker , take the wire form pads (where you connect antenna) to the place under sticker
Thanks Artusb, but I´ve made something close to that, over the scare that I should remove I take a wire directly to the antenna conector (seems pretty similar to me, I obviously check that it isn´t in contact with ground) but I can´t get signal neither of the GPS. also I took a wire from the ground to the frame. I think the capacitor is there for something, because every single cellphone antenna has.
Do you think is there a diference wiring under the sticker or close to the fracture line? also, the back of the "scare to remove", behind the sticker, has a circle wich I assume has antenna signal. And please don´t forget that I doesn´t have the pad for the antena, everything that goes up the fracture line is missing... that´s why I would appreciate if someone could tell me the values of the missing capacitor.
Thanks again!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chad720 For This Useful Post: