GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2015, 03:07   #46 (permalink)

Member: 2389208
Thanks Meter: 0

This is the fix that worked for me. The jumper was not necessary since there was continuity for each of the pins. Once I created a paper barrier between the metal case and the card reader and did a reboot It came back to life and once again read the card.

Thanks for figuring this out - and thanks for sharing
Old 06-29-2015, 16:05   #47 (permalink)

Member: 2418671
Thanks Meter: 7
So I've got about 10 iPad 2's that all have this exact same problem. Ive ran the traces to the points where continuity is not found, still saying no sim card found, tried making a barrier to ensure there is no short, still the same. Cleaned the sim card and even tried 5 other ones, still no sim car found. Factory reset and did the whole airplane mode, still no sim card. Could it possibly be the latest version of IOS thats causing this issue? Any other suggestions? I've even taken a sim card and soldered the traces directly to the card itself and completely canceled out the card reader and it is still a no go.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:10   #48 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 578236
Thanks Meter: 31
I got the same problem, change flex still not work, any body have other sulution?

Thanks
Old 07-03-2015, 14:49   #49 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liheng View Post
I got the same problem, change flex still not work, any body have other sulution?
n
Thanks

today luckily that I met another one to change LCD then I tested to change Flex each other.

after that the 2 flex are working

So the first one is board problem.

But can not find the solution yet, Thanks
Old 07-04-2015, 06:12   #50 (permalink)
Freak Poster

See this videos for the Line solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpwDoIi7rj0
Old 07-06-2015, 14:07   #51 (permalink)

Member: 2418671
Thanks Meter: 7
The problem is I've tried running the traces like I stated in my previous post. I even went as far as to solder the jumpers directly to the SIM card it self to by pass the card reader. Still no luck.