GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2019, 12:11   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2889911
Thanks Meter: 1
Tristar, Tigris or battery?

HI all first post on this forum so excuse me if i miss some points.

Here i have an issue with my own phone.
First i changed Battery 3 month ago and all was fine, except i didn't put the sticker.
Last week my phone freezed at 79% battery for 24 hours even if it was taking or draining the charge.
Then suddenly went off and only accet to boot my charger cable plugged. I'm able to use it but if i try to do something which consume a lot like videos it goes off.

For instance before remove tristar or tigris i would like to compare my guesses with yours.

Battery is pulling 2.9v in DC v mode (my guess, teared flex of battery, or no communication to tristar)

I tested the baterry connector J2523 on and off charge with black probe on ground, red on the left pin in DC V mode and its giving me variable results ranging from 2.9v to 3.8v

When i remove the battery plug the phone to charger cable and try too boot it works fine, at least boot to the apple logo and then shut off. Which seems fine regarding the Tristar ic

if i try the dock tester in diode mode with 8 points i get theses readings, maybe someone with a known good iphone 6 will be able to share with me his readings

- 8-1: 0.306v
- 8-2: 0.697v
- 8-3: 0.697v
- 8-4: 0.744v is that normal,?
- 8-5: 0.306v
- 8-6: 0.700v
- 8-7: 0.698v

here the finding at 8-4 is weird, from what i understood the 4th pin is usb and nothing was plugged there at this time time except the dock tester.

To be clear i'm waiting for a new battery ( and also a ipower pro to do further testings) as the current's one volatge make it faulty in my opinion are you ok with my diagnostic or something else seems faulty as the power storage was chaotic (actually whent hte phone on charge it boots and usable and displays 100% ?

Sorry fo my post structure it seems chaotic too
Old 01-20-2019, 13:17   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 124496
Thanks Meter: 19
Tristar
The Following User Says Thank You to matrex80 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2019, 18:19   #3 (permalink)

oh i see, but if we remove the battery and the phone still boot on apple logo isn't it way to determine that Tristar is doing fine?

what makes you think that Tristar is dead?

thank's for the answer
Old 01-20-2019, 18:22   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 2148606
Sonork: Bobobokota
Thanks Meter: 496
Donate money to this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boubako View Post
HI all first post on this forum so excuse me if i miss some points.

Here i have an issue with my own phone.
First i changed Battery 3 month ago and all was fine, except i didn't put the sticker.
Last week my phone freezed at 79% battery for 24 hours even if it was taking or draining the charge.
Then suddenly went off and only accet to boot my charger cable plugged. I'm able to use it but if i try to do something which consume a lot like videos it goes off.

For instance before remove tristar or tigris i would like to compare my guesses with yours.

Battery is pulling 2.9v in DC v mode (my guess, teared flex of battery, or no communication to tristar)

I tested the baterry connector J2523 on and off charge with black probe on ground, red on the left pin in DC V mode and its giving me variable results ranging from 2.9v to 3.8v

When i remove the battery plug the phone to charger cable and try too boot it works fine, at least boot to the apple logo and then shut off. Which seems fine regarding the Tristar ic

if i try the dock tester in diode mode with 8 points i get theses readings, maybe someone with a known good iphone 6 will be able to share with me his readings

- 8-1: 0.306v
- 8-2: 0.697v
- 8-3: 0.697v
- 8-4: 0.744v is that normal,?
- 8-5: 0.306v
- 8-6: 0.700v
- 8-7: 0.698v

here the finding at 8-4 is weird, from what i understood the 4th pin is usb and nothing was plugged there at this time time except the dock tester.

To be clear i'm waiting for a new battery ( and also a ipower pro to do further testings) as the current's one volatge make it faulty in my opinion are you ok with my diagnostic or something else seems faulty as the power storage was chaotic (actually whent hte phone on charge it boots and usable and displays 100% ?

Sorry fo my post structure it seems chaotic too
not tristar problem is line batt swi
The Following User Says Thank You to bobo bokota For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2019, 18:35   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo bokota View Post
not tristar problem is line batt swi
Battery_SWI is going to Tigris's F2 pin there's no components on that line so basically for you I need to check or change tigris?
The Following User Says Thank You to Boubako For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2019, 23:57   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boubako View Post
Battery_SWI is going to Tigris's F2 pin there's no components on that line so basically for you I need to check or change tigris?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2019, 23:57   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

G1

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2019, 04:04   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 296215
Thanks Meter: 56
some similar problem with iphone 7 I will post my schematics tomorrow for compare...

br
The Following User Says Thank You to ffhfox For This Useful Post: