GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2015, 16:21   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2362502
Thanks Meter: 0
iPad Mini completely Dead after changing Touchscreen?

Hello,

Today I tried to change the Touchscreen of a customer. The iPad wasnt used for 1 Year, so i quickly check if the Batterysign is there if i put the lightning cable into the iPad Mini. The Batterysign displayed on the Lcd and i drag out the cable again and started the Repair. After Taking off the old Touchscreen i put the new one into place. I put the cable back into the iPad just to check if everything is fine, but there was nothing on the Lcd no Batterysign just black. I removed the Batteryconnenctor and put it back into the connector but nothing happpened. I tried a different LCD and put it into my pc but also itunes cant recognize it. The Battery has 2.7 Volt. And if i Put the lightning Cable into the iPad without the Battery connected there is also nothing happening LCD is still Black. If I measure the Batteryconnector on the Logicboard there is only 0.13 V: when the lightning cable is connected to the iPad. But if i measure the LCD connector the both opposite pins on the right the multimeter shows 3.2 Volt; again the Lightning cable is connected and the battery discconected. If i connect the Battery and measure on the LCD FPC it shows exact 2,7 Volt, like the batterypower.

Im sorry for my english it isnt the best, because im from Germany. I hope anybody can help me.

Or is the Board completely dead?

Thank You for your Help!
Old 03-14-2015, 23:46   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1732818
Thanks Meter: 532
Your battery is too low, maybe you just have a broken docking flex. Did you check your backlight filter aswell?
Old 03-16-2015, 09:10   #3 (permalink)

Yes i checked it is alright. I thought also the Same but of i put the cable in to the iPad i can measure 3.3V on the LCD conmector without the Battery pluged in.....

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2015, 22:10   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2142442
Thanks Meter: 53
check the pm ic if it is getting hot :

New Power Supply IC Chip 343S0593 A5 for iPad Mini 1 | eBay

you can connect a power supply with not a battery on the ipad. connect 4.2volt to vbat (+) and the negative to the ground and test it. (the power supply mast be aeble to give at least 3Amp)

sorry for my english too
Old 03-17-2015, 07:24   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2103580
Sonork: 100.1673399
Thanks Meter: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauricedavid View Post
Hello,

Today I tried to change the Touchscreen of a customer. The iPad wasnt used for 1 Year, so i quickly check if the Batterysign is there if i put the lightning cable into the iPad Mini. The Batterysign displayed on the Lcd and i drag out the cable again and started the Repair. After Taking off the old Touchscreen i put the new one into place. I put the cable back into the iPad just to check if everything is fine, but there was nothing on the Lcd no Batterysign just black. I removed the Batteryconnenctor and put it back into the connector but nothing happpened. I tried a different LCD and put it into my pc but also itunes cant recognize it. The Battery has 2.7 Volt. And if i Put the lightning Cable into the iPad without the Battery connected there is also nothing happening LCD is still Black. If I measure the Batteryconnector on the Logicboard there is only 0.13 V: when the lightning cable is connected to the iPad. But if i measure the LCD connector the both opposite pins on the right the multimeter shows 3.2 Volt; again the Lightning cable is connected and the battery discconected. If i connect the Battery and measure on the LCD FPC it shows exact 2,7 Volt, like the batterypower.

Im sorry for my english it isnt the best, because im from Germany. I hope anybody can help me.

Or is the Board completely dead
Thank You for your Help!
bro use tester and check this two capacitor ,and if shorted 100% power ic problem, u need to change the power ic but if it is not shorted just change u2 ic and ur problem will solve
The Following User Says Thank You to buds_guy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2015, 22:23   #6 (permalink)

Can I Check the 2 capacitor with a normal Multimeter? Thank you very much for Ur help!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2015, 00:48   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 856640
Sonork: 100.1606320
Thanks Meter: 281
your ipad mini is fine.just put your device on charge.leave it just like 5 mins or more.after that,hold power button and home button at the same time.while your charger is connected...your battery voltage is too low.

if no luck...

check the components around the lcd connector...

good luck.