GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2014, 21:34   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2231182
Thanks Meter: 0
Red face Iph 5s vertical lines?

Hello everyone. This is my first post at this forum. I do repairs on a variety of products for some years now. I have an issue with a 5s now for 2 weeks with no solution found on any site or by repair and test. I recently got a 5s to replace screen. The replacement screen was having vertical and horizontal lines so i ordered another 3 displays. On the second i still got lines but now fewer and only vertical on the left side. By seeing i thought maybe i do something wrong so i tried the broken one back again and that was fine. To cut the long story short i am now at the 5th display from 2 different suppliers and with the same issue. Also the touch is affected with the screen being unresponsive. Any clues??? I read somewhere that it could be static?? Honestly dont know. Any help out there?
Thanks a great deal for your time!

Cheers
Sin
Old 07-30-2014, 04:54   #2 (permalink)

Member: 2230053
Thanks Meter: 1
It usually happens when a one of the 3 flex cable are not connected properly.

Did you verify the board connectors are not damaged.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:11   #3 (permalink)

Member: 2231182
Thanks Meter: 0
Thanks for the reply. I have removed and reseated the display many times with the same issue. The position and type if lines is not the same. Also the power button will not work when screen has issues. I am ordering a new screen from another supplier

Thanks again