GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 23:04   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1831480
Thanks Meter: 0
iPhone 4 - No Service No Signal - Capacitor and antenna problem?

Hi to all,

this is my first post here. I heard about this forum on another website...that hear are professionals and they could help me maybe.
So my problem...i have bought an used iPhone 4 which is factory unlocked and jailbreaked. When i put my sim card inside i can use
WIFI without problems, but i don't get phone signal...always searching and no signal - no service.

So i decided to open the phone, and look...

- i see a broken signal antenna which was not connected anymore (I will buy a new one and replace it)
- the battery bracket connector was not there - somebody removed it and lost (I will buy a new one and replace it)
- i don't see the small blue capacitor-coil...and there shold be another small capacitor (smd)...look at the picture (?????)

Picture: http://oi46.tinypic.com/n532i8.jpg

Can somebody tell me if this is normal that there is no capacitor near the antenna connection? I looked on other pictures of iphone logic boards and
saw, that they have a small blue capacitor there and also another one capacitor, which is same size but not blue.
Should i buy new smd capacitors and solder on the board or? What are the suggestions...and what type of capacitor is this...what mode, how many V and what capacity in uF?

Thank you guys for your help in advance!
Old 10-27-2012, 23:36   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1792323
Thanks Meter: 49
simple problem replace the blue inductor and the capacitor(the cap is needed only for signal resonance smoohing-not life threatning)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bbways.jpg (43.3 KB, 3353 views)
Old 10-28-2012, 07:34   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 48933
Thanks Meter: 104
check replay on other forums you posted your problem

wbr,A
Old 10-28-2012, 15:08   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the Answers guys...but...

what kind of blue inductor is this? What model, type name...or how and where can i buy this except ****? I belive it's a normal inductor with blue color, or? And what kind of cap is the small one near the blue inductor?

@backbiter17: thanks for the answer in the other forum. It's also good to post all information here, if somebody after will need it.
Old 10-28-2012, 15:14   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 521
Thanks Meter: 76
Arrow ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDK View Post

what kind of blue inductor is this? What model, type name...or how and where can i buy this except ****? I belive it's a normal inductor with blue color, or? And what kind of cap is the small one near the blue inductor?

@backbiter17: thanks for the answer in the other forum. It's also good to post all information here, if somebody after will need it.

Old plate and take it to take off and put on your do not buy it all brother...
The Following User Says Thank You to reserve For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 17:26   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1792323
Thanks Meter: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDK View Post

iPhone 4 - CyberDocLLC.com Your Repair Solution for iPhone, iPod , iPad and Apple Prodcuts

costs 5 dollars only!!lol best to order from here cuz digikey wants a min of like 500 inductors...4.3nH 03015 size..hardtofind

the cap is
1.00pf +/-0.1PF 25V
COG type 0201

Last edited by ps3xbox; 10-28-2012 at 17:32.
The Following User Says Thank You to ps3xbox For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 19:53   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1679608
Thanks Meter: 190
you can make jumper for this coil anyway if you lost this coil you must have 1 point signal but now you try and make jumper for this coil and search manual check if it find any network or no and be careful dont give it to much heat because its near from bb ic if you give it to much heat you will lose the IMEI
The Following User Says Thank You to air_chair256 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 21:57   #8 (permalink)

@Tommyservice - Thanks. I have some computer motherboards...could take it from there, but im little afraid i don't have that much experience to do this...and also not the prober tools. Maybe i can buy a small heatgun to solder smd's and watch some tutorials on youtube...

@ps3xbox - Thanks for this information. This is very helpfull. I have to decide if i order more, and sell the other after or just buy one

@air_chair256 - Thanks for this advice. Do you have a tutorial somewhere, where i can have a look how to do this?

Old 12-02-2012, 22:00   #9 (permalink)

Hi to all

1. I did replace the antenna cable
2. I just solder a bridge between the two spots - where the blue coil should be

and the signal is working now. Thanks to everybody
Old 12-03-2012, 00:33   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 1738165
Thanks Meter: 206
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2dDWrL7mto

CyberDocLLC iPhone 4 4G 4S 4GS No / weak GSM Signal fix Blue Inductor Coil replacement Repair
Old 07-04-2013, 07:10   #11 (permalink)

Member: 688532
iPhone 4 - No Service No Signal

Hi to all..!
Same Problem . I have used iPhone 4 which is factory unlocked. When i put my sim card inside i can use WIFI without problems, but i don't get phone signal...always searching and no signal - no service.

So i open the phone all components are fine. when I checked the phone, while power on, near battery connector area getting small heat..

what can i do..

Thanks.