GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2015, 13:58   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1928023
Thanks Meter: 1
Iphone 4s logic board - what are these?

I am learning.
I have the logic board out for 4s and I am learning experimenting with my multimeter. (my iPhone is not charging even though it says it is - I replaced batteries, and dock connector - so I assume logic board)

But anyway, i want to learn. I did a continuity test on these little connectors and it worked for the black things, but not the reddish things. Why only the black, what are they called.
how to troubleshoot using continuity test for battery not charging
(i sorry i can't upload pic), but there are black diodes, reddish, blue etc)
The Following User Says Thank You to geekgirl123 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2015, 17:44   #2 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 1208225
Thanks Meter: 13
there are several type of components are placed or used on a logic board. Its a lot actually.

You can google them

- Resistor
- Capacitor
- Diode
- inductor
- Fuse
- Opamp
- Voltage regulator
- FPGA
and so on.

I done quick search on your problem and you can find a few solutions on google. Search for iphone 4s fake charging solution and you can see a pic with a red wires goes from C92 to C225.

Otherwise search for iphone 4s fake charging here and google.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gkhn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2015, 11:16   #3 (permalink)

Member: 1928023
Thanks Meter: 1
Thank you, I see solution and found these on the logic board.
How to jump, connect wire from c92 to c225? solder it on the capacitors?
or remove c92 and c225 first.

Thanks for help
Old 03-08-2015, 22:23   #4 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 1208225
Thanks Meter: 13
you need to solder a wire from c92 to c225. its should be a thin wire. But you need to be very carefull, because if your wire touches the other components and touches the shield or other parts you can damage your phone. Use a insulated wire so you do not short anything.
Old 03-11-2015, 17:48   #5 (permalink)

Member: 2334964
Thanks Meter: 8
Get a cheap wrist watch and tear it open to get fine wire that will work for jumpers. You need a good magnifying glass or, ideally, a microscope to see what you are soldering. And a very fine soldering iron tip. Just play with it. Since it isn't working there's not much you can do to make it worse and you might learn a great deal. Look for a used microscope that has a lot of distance between the work and the optics to let you get a soldering iron in there. I do most work at 4.5x, and inspect the board at 45-90x.

If you get a microscope you can use it to search all those small parts on the board. Often some will be missing or damaged and that will be where your problem is. Then go to the sticky links on this board and get the schematics, find what that component is called (eg. c286, fl8, etc) and Google that. You'll see what it's used for, and then when you look at the schematic you'll get a better idea of how the picture relates to real life.

For what it's worth, the 4 and 4s are two of the most troublesome board Apple ever put out. I hate them, but I've made lots of money fixing them