GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2015, 19:02   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 2098114
Thanks Meter: 5
Iphone 5 3v prox missed

I have iphone 5 with not working proximity sensor and i've no voltage on PP3V0_PROX_ALS pin 14 of connector J1 and no voltage also on fl45(working) and and i seen this voltage come from u7...can i jumper this voltage somewhere on board and let prox sensor work again or the only solution is reball or replace u7??
Thanks
Old 04-05-2015, 16:51   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1889273
Thanks Meter: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulmicotone1 View Post
I have iphone 5 with not working proximity sensor and i've no voltage on PP3V0_PROX_ALS pin 14 of connector J1 and no voltage also on fl45(working) and and i seen this voltage come from u7...can i jumper this voltage somewhere on board and let prox sensor work again or the only solution is reball or replace u7??
Thanks
hey brother , how you test ic if has has power or no and need to replace?
need to test with iphone on ?
u use multitester ?? where i need to put the red and black cable?
Old 04-06-2015, 14:29   #3 (permalink)
Insane Poster

i tested with multimeter a working iphone 5 and with phone turned on there are 3v on pin 14 of connector J1 and on capacitor C194 and i seen on bad phone not present this voltage...put multimeter on dc mode and point black cable over ground on board like metal shields or where you put screws and red cable on pin14 of connector J1 or on capacitor C194(only one side of capacitor has 3v, other side is groung)...i discovered problem of my missing voltage was on capacitor C298, one of two pads was missing and line in the middle of board was discoveries and when i rebuild pad and soldered new capacitor i had short on 3v lines..i will charge some pics later
Old 04-07-2015, 01:46   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1889273
Thanks Meter: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulmicotone1 View Post
i tested with multimeter a working iphone 5 and with phone turned on there are 3v on pin 14 of connector J1 and on capacitor C194 and i seen on bad phone not present this voltage...put multimeter on dc mode and point black cable over ground on board like metal shields or where you put screws and red cable on pin14 of connector J1 or on capacitor C194(only one side of capacitor has 3v, other side is groung)...i discovered problem of my missing voltage was on capacitor C298, one of two pads was missing and line in the middle of board was discoveries and when i rebuild pad and soldered new capacitor i had short on 3v lines..i will charge some pics later
yes brother also if you can teach how test any ic voltaje for know if damage and nee to replace , will help to many people , im learning day a day
yeh put pictures for know how to test with linea and name of ic and pin
Old 04-07-2015, 09:34   #5 (permalink)
Insane Poster

The pics of missing pad of capacitor C298 that cause me short on C194
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uykmlyd53u...0iph5.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rg57icccvz...0iph5.jpg?dl=0