GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2014, 21:58   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2312619
Thanks Meter: 0
iPhone 5 Ear speaker not working consistently

Hello,

Recently I replaced the battery of my iPhone 5.
At first everything seemed to be ok, but after a short time it turned out that the ear speaker wasn't functioning anymore. At first I thought one of the connectors didn't seat well, so I reseated them properly.

After I did that, the ear speaker seemed to work again. Unfortunately the joy was only temporary, because after a while the problem returned. I read that someone with a similar problem cleaned the copper contacts that are contacting the ear speaker prongs, so I did that as well. I also ensured that they were alligned properly. After reassemling everything I turned on the phone and I could hear through the speaker again.

But then after a few hours, again the same issue. The thing I could think of was a defective ribbon cable, so I replaced it with a new one. Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem. To eliminate the other cause I could think of, I also replaced the ear speaker by a new one. Same story, problem hasn't been solved.

After the ear speaker stopped working, it randomly can start working again, although mostly not for long.

Now I ran out of options, I eliminated all the options I could think of. My question to you; do you have any idea what else I can try to solve the problem?

Regards
Old 12-17-2014, 23:23   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1869239
Thanks Meter: 53
Hello,

Put a piece of paper on speaker, after it screw sheet metal.
Old 12-18-2014, 23:25   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply.

Could you tell me something about the theory behind your suggestion?
Old 12-18-2014, 23:45   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 64957
Thanks Meter: 100
@jerres
Chech the earpiece
Check the flex
put the whole set on other iphone and be confirmed it is working
put a headset and remove and see if the audio comes back
if the sensor and earpiece dont work when call it is the bottom flex[charging and headsetjack]
to confirm this just remove the bottom flex and see u get back the audio.
Check these first.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:45   #5 (permalink)

I tried everything you listed, except from exchanging parts with another iPhone.
I won't be able to do this, since I'm sure people won't let me open their phone.

For the rest, the other thing I haven't tried yet is disconnecting the charge port flex cable. Could you explain to me why this might helps solving the problem?
Old 12-19-2014, 07:53   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1732818
Thanks Meter: 532
Check on your logicboard next to the camera connector if filter fl51 is missing or broken. You can jumper it. That will bring back your earspeaker sound.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:50   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDccam View Post
Check on your logicboard next to the camera connector if filter fl51 is missing or broken. You can jumper it. That will bring back your earspeaker sound.
Where exactly is it located? Near the connector of the front or rear camera?