GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2017, 11:22   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2634857
Thanks Meter: 25
Iphone 5 no mic during call and memo

Hi all, I have an iPhone 5 with no mic on memo app or during call, now I know people say baseband and fl32 but I have seen the int_mic1_bias filter down by the power dock connector as being the cause. How could we test for sure to know if its audio ic , baseband or mic bias filter.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards Dee

Sent from my X98 Plus 3G using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2017, 12:22   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1003058
Sonork: 100.1589274/mahbubalfa
Thanks Meter: 26,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by deegee2016 View Post
Hi all, I have an iPhone 5 with no mic on memo app or during call, now I know people say baseband and fl32 but I have seen the int_mic1_bias filter down by the power dock connector as being the cause. How could we test for sure to know if its audio ic , baseband or mic bias filter.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards Dee

Bro.Try this solution.

The Following User Says Thank You to mahbubalfa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 12:45   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

I have audio , volume up/down works siri voice works its the internal mic that won't take an input. Voice memo shows no sound recorded but the phone plays audio file back no problem.

Old 08-12-2017, 14:16   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Update:
So i have found out that capc215 has pry damage and pulled pad on feed side.

i have 2.8v at that pad, that goes to FL49 but there is no continuity at fl49 and c215 /2 pad.

Does this voltage originate at audio codec ic via fl32 and over to c215 providing voltage for int_mic_bias?

I get the 2.8 v when I open the memo app and start recording . does this mean audio codec is OK ?

If I jump fl49 to anode side of c215 circuit should be complete thus providing 2.8v to into_mic1_bias circuit.

Regards Dee

Old 08-12-2017, 14:20   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Regarding above post mic bias pry damage

Old 08-13-2017, 11:32   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Hi all

I have an iPhone 5 with no audio during call as description . I be been told jump FL32 and my problems go away.

I did describe that C215 Cap was pry damaged as was logic board interconnect cable.

Now I decided to try and see how this circuit works to try and rectify the fault properly.

The pad has gone on the anode side of C215 which is attached to FL49 looks like a trace from FL49 goes to the same pad.

Now all that is left on that pad is a pin hole of a trace coming up through the pad.

I have 0v at that pad on bootup and once booted but when I open the memo app I get 2.844v at that pad so it seems as though its fed from audio ic back up to C215 and back to the dock flex FPC connector on pin 11 INT_MIC_BIAS.

So I think I have an understanding on how it works but the voltage properties I cannot find anywhere for that line.

I have provided a photo of the site area and what I want to do to repair. Just need confirmation that I'm on right track as I don't want to damage the device .

Any ideas on how to resurrect the damaged pad or provide a base to put C215 back into original position rather than the angle I show in the photo.

Thankyou for the solutions but I'm trying to understand more abt the faults on these devices which allows me to think outside of the box ....

Thanks for your time*

Dee