GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2014, 23:49   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2256764
Thanks Meter: 0
Iphone 5 U2 ic 3 Prints broken

Hey guys i have a problem with my iphone 5 .... i bought it in non repaired condition its battery used to drain very fast and the mobile used to become very hot but used to show charging and used to charge the battery too...later when i opened it ..there was a coil attatched with the battery's terminal(not motherboard terminal) going directly to the charging jack...i showed it to the repair man..he said that u2 ic needs to be replaced so he tried to remove the u2 ic but he damaged 3 prints under it now the phone doesnt charge now after changing serveral u2 IC but turns ON with charged battery.... is there any solution now ? plz guys i need your help i have searched the whole forum but couldnt find the damaged prints's solution...
Old 09-13-2014, 13:27   #2 (permalink)

please guys help me ?? give me any solution?
Old 09-13-2014, 22:53   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2205919
Thanks Meter: 33
which pads are broken? there is easy way to fix… if these pads are in center u2 you have gently do a little hole until you will see rest of ways… put some flux and little slder. that's it. If this pad is near to edge you have to do a jumper with some thin wire… i repair a lot of broken pads in u2 always success. Tell me which pads, maybe you don't have to reapir all of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to mb83 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2014, 00:04   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb83 View Post
which pads are broken? there is easy way to fix… if these pads are in center u2 you have gently do a little hole until you will see rest of ways… put some flux and little slder. that's it. If this pad is near to edge you have to do a jumper with some thin wire… i repair a lot of broken pads in u2 always success. Tell me which pads, maybe you don't have to reapir all of it.
hey thanks for the reply i really appreciate it well i dont have a microscope to take its picture but i can point out the points that i remember from a random pic i found on internet...here is the picture...i have circled those points and please kindly explain me the whole procedure on how to fix the broken pads so i can explain the technician thanks alot i am waiting for ur answer
Old 09-15-2014, 00:35   #5 (permalink)

CURRENTLY i am not able to upload any attachment due to an error and cannot ad any URL :/ so i will do it in the morning and let u know...and one more question.. according to my knowledge he didnt remove that BLACKISH RESIN on the board after removing OLD U2 IC because i think he dont know about that..so is it necessary to remove it ? if yes than please let me know how to do it
Old 09-15-2014, 13:02   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1728699
Thanks Meter: 212
Donate money to this user
Quote:

All prints for this ic are needed, none are N/C.
The Following User Says Thank You to dog68 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2014, 13:04   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasimshah5 View Post
CURRENTLY i am not able to upload any attachment due to an error and cannot ad any URL :/ so i will do it in the morning and let u know...and one more question.. according to my knowledge he didnt remove that BLACKISH RESIN on the board after removing OLD U2 IC because i think he dont know about that..so is it necessary to remove it ? if yes than please let me know how to do it
Yes, you should remove the epoxy, other wise the new ic will not go on.
The Following User Says Thank You to dog68 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2014, 14:57   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog68 View Post
Yes, you should remove the epoxy, other wise the new ic will not go on.
oh i see..thanks for the reply but when he removed the old IC i saw that there were prints missing...so do u think that the BLACK resin also got off with it ? or the prints are OK?? and kindly tell me how to remove that epoxy
Old 09-16-2014, 12:16   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2205919
Thanks Meter: 33
epoxy you should gently scratch in high temperature. I set about 300 degree… Glue is being very soft so i can remove it. It's very risky but if do it slowly and gently everything it'sshould be allright.
Once i have a glue with some fibers in it. I've changed a lot of u2's but in this case when i removed glue a remove 5 pads… it was first case in my hole carrier
The Following User Says Thank You to mb83 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2014, 16:02   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
epoxy you should gently scratch in high temperature. I set about 300 degree… Glue is being very soft so i can remove it. It's very risky but if do it slowly and gently everything it'sshould be allright.
Once i have a glue with some fibers in it. I've changed a lot of u2's but in this case when i removed glue a remove 5 pads… it was first case in my hole carrier
oh i see..well i read somewhere that it can be removed on 150 degree...is it right? or 300 is must?
Old 09-16-2014, 17:07   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Use 300, and the cpu will be toast
Old 09-16-2014, 17:10   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Soak the board in thinners overnight, it will soften up the epoxy, then pick at it, with a needle.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:06   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog68 View Post
Soak the board in thinners overnight, it will soften up the epoxy, then pick at it, with a needle.
well ur right..i will take a look at it and give it a try ! and btw what about the missing pads?
Old 01-20-2015, 22:33   #14 (permalink)

Member: 2292360
Thanks Meter: 3
same with me, i missing one pad on bottom right corner,
then the phone not turn on,
another case i broken another pad the the phone can turn on but can't charging,

there is a way to fix this missing pad ?

Thanks in adavance
Old 07-01-2015, 18:51   #15 (permalink)

Member: 2409810
Quote:
Hello there,

missing U2 Pads A1, B1, E1, D6 and E6. Any Ideas to restore it?

Quote:
Okay so To resore a missing pad, just dig out the hole gently with a sharp scalpel knife point till you reach the second board layer where the pad was connected at.
Now fill the hole with soldering paste and heat it.
Quote:
if these pads are in center u2 you have gently do a little hole until you will see rest of ways… put some flux and little slder
How does that work exactly for U2? Any instructions?

Sorry, i cant link a picture because i'have got less then 10 Posts :-/