GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2015, 22:26   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2470593
Thanks Meter: 0
Iphone 5s unable to fix after few attempts

I have been trying to fix my Iphone 5s for a while now.

At first the Iphone only gave of a faint glow in the middle of the screen. So we opened it up to try and fix it. The first thing we noticed was that the battery was soft (read easy bendable and easy to penetrate). So we ordered a new one and replaced it. Then we tried to charge it again but to no avail. It was still dead, the faint glow was now replaced by total blackness. Next thing we tried was replacing the digitizer/LCD. Still no succes. So we bought a new lightning connector/headphone jack. Because we thought the charging could be the problem. After installing this part it still wont work and I'm at a complete loss here...

I know this is probably a long shot, but does anybody have some tips or maybe what step i should take next?

thank you in advance!
Old 10-10-2015, 00:11   #2 (permalink)

Member: 2470593
Update:

So i have been fiddling around with it for a while now. Finaly got it to do something. I connected it to my laptop, said i needed to restore. So i did, it started to download and after a bit the black screen and apple logo came on (first time it was responsive since breaking down). it got stuck on it and after a while i got error 4005.

I searched google and this message was quite common, except for the fact that i cant get in DFU mode and that after i unplug it there is no way i can get it to turn on again. The only way to get it to respond is to restore it and then it freezes. I've tried to activate DFU but for some reason this isn't working at all.
Old 11-29-2015, 15:49   #3 (permalink)

Member: 1612388
just change u2 ic from original 1610 a1 if solved its ok next option is pm ic thanks
Old 11-30-2015, 17:04   #4 (permalink)

Member: 2487344
Right tbh this is what it sounds like to me.
Faulty software caused your phone to stop displaying originally, which a restore probably would have fixed it hence the lighting up.
Now you have opened it and removed the original battery and replaced with more than likely a non original one. This can cause error #4005.
So if your battery is faulty, fake, or a dud the phone wont register it and give #4005.
Next time your testing if the battery is the fault just disconnect the battery and plug the phone in, if it boots theres your issue however your past that now.
You need to refit your original battery(provided you didnt damage it in anyway) or any original one and restore.
Otherwise get a new battery, this blank screen was a common issue occuring after the last update. In a situation like that try software before anything else.
Hope this helps.
Old 12-01-2015, 17:20   #5 (permalink)

Member: 2491638
Thanks Meter: 1
download "ReiBoot" onto your laptop it will boot the phone into DFU automatically as soon as its connected to the computer