GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2016, 04:47   #1 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 2517535
Thanks Meter: 1
iPhone 6, 6 Plus Unresponsive Touch Screen

Dear Members,

First and foremost thanks for allowing me to join your forums, you guys are an invaluable resource to newbie techs such as myself. I have the following issues I wanted advice on. I have an iphone 6 that I performed a screen repair on that has touch function issues. At first it was working intermittently and then now not working at all. I have seen many solutions, from retracing under the screws and reheating the IC to 280C. However as I have not seen a solution related specifically to the iphone 6, I thought I would do the safe thing and double check with the experts. Again everything is fine, there is no blue screen, I thought it might be water damage so tried scrubbing the board with alcohol to no avail. I am considering giving the whole thing an ultrasonic bath but please advise so I can take the correct steps. Again thanks to all and you guys are the best!
Old 02-03-2016, 01:50   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2252373
Thanks Meter: 400
rehot or replace ic U2402
The Following User Says Thank You to jimchu316 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2016, 14:55   #3 (permalink)

Member: 618979
Thanks Meter: 0
Hi,
I have customer who brought in a an Iphone 6+. It had a smashed screen and he said at the time by putting pressure on it he could get it to work intermittently even though the screen was smashed. We changed the screen and everthing worked fine. About a week later he brought it back saying still not working. When he placed pressure on it it would work for another while. Because he is a business man he couldn't do without his phone so it was hard to know. Can anybody tell me that really the problem is not the screen but somthing else! Many Thanks in advance.
Old 06-29-2016, 22:00   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2252373
Thanks Meter: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by proforma View Post
Hi,
I have customer who brought in a an Iphone 6+. It had a smashed screen and he said at the time by putting pressure on it he could get it to work intermittently even though the screen was smashed. We changed the screen and everthing worked fine. About a week later he brought it back saying still not working. When he placed pressure on it it would work for another while. Because he is a business man he couldn't do without his phone so it was hard to know. Can anybody tell me that really the problem is not the screen but somthing else! Many Thanks in advance.
U2402 m1 pad

this is a common fault
Old 06-29-2016, 23:39   #5 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 2375485
Thanks Meter: 5
change touch ic !
common problem on iPhone 6/6+ since the iPhone 6/6+ and the mainboard can a little bit twist and bend and the touch ic is located almost in the middle of the iPhone and therefrom is affected by bending and twist.