GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2018, 17:31   #1 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 1234862
Thanks Meter: 8
Iphone 6 discharges very fast when display is off

Hi,
I'm squeezing my brain with this iphone 6 which performs perfectly normal in all aspects except for the insanely high battery discharge with the display off.

Essentially if you browse the net using wifi you're going to get more battery time from it then if you leave it in standby, with mobile data and wifi off and all cloud stuff turned off.

Another thing worth mentioning is that the fingerprint is not working. The display assembly looks original and the owner has the purchase papers from the original owner, but the phone history is unknown. Tested it with two known good batteries, same deal.

I'm sure this is a hardware issue (IOS was already upgraded via DFU and whatnot). When turned off completely (via power button) it doesn't drain the battery at all.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-17-2018, 23:30   #2 (permalink)
Major Poster

Any idea guys? I cannot figure out what could be shorted out to give this kind of behavior.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:38   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 777576
Thanks Meter: 32
is the home button getting warm?
had this issue once, because of the short on the home button, but this one was getting a little bit warm,i could feel it with fingers.
maybe you could turn assistive touch on and then disconnect the home button, to see what happens then with this phone ...?
Old 02-18-2018, 10:42   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 821646
Thanks Meter: 507
Donate money to this user
Check for short on Mesa PP3V0 supply.

one of the possible suspect for battery drainage.

hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to CDMA_RASHID For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2018, 01:46   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 856640
Sonork: 100.1606320
Thanks Meter: 281
try to charge the phone while battery is disconnected.if the device reboot on apple logo
U2 ic is fine.if apple logo doesn't show ,change the U2 ic.
sometime when U2 IC damage it drain the battery even without using the device.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:49   #6 (permalink)
Major Poster

Thanks for the suggestions guys. The drain, whatever may cause it, happens only in standby. ( sometimes it's so bad that the back of this phone would get slightly warm). The home button isn't causing it, as I have already done tests with another complete display assembly, including a different home button and the issue was still present).

I will try later today to charge it without the battery and see what happens, but if the U2 IC was damaged shouldn't the abnormal battery drain happen also when using the phone?
Old 02-22-2018, 13:52   #7 (permalink)
Major Poster

A little update: after testing the U2 IC using the method suggested by tochits (seems OK) I put the patient in airplane mode (also making sure it doesn't try to sync anything and so on) and then measured the temperature on it's surface using an IR thermometer.

With about 22.5 degrees Celsius in the room, the coolest part of the damn thing is the home button (24 celsius). The highest temperature was measured on the back , the hot spot of 26.6 celsius being about 3cm lower from the main camera and 1cm right to the edge (with the back of the phone up).

That points out directly to the damn touchscreen controller! I've never messed with that one in any way, do you guys have any suggestions?
Old 02-22-2018, 14:07   #8 (permalink)
Major Poster

Btw, the touchscreen works as intended, no grey bar, response to touch is as good as in a new phone and so on.
Old 02-26-2018, 18:23   #9 (permalink)
Major Poster

Any suggestions except for replacing the touchscreen controller chip?
Old 10-19-2018, 05:34   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 4627
Sonork: 57528:debeliamark
Thanks Meter: 1,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerula View Post
Hi,
I'm squeezing my brain with this iphone 6 which performs perfectly normal in all aspects except for the insanely high battery discharge with the display off.

Essentially if you browse the net using wifi you're going to get more battery time from it then if you leave it in standby, with mobile data and wifi off and all cloud stuff turned off.

Another thing worth mentioning is that the fingerprint is not working. The display assembly looks original and the owner has the purchase papers from the original owner, but the phone history is unknown. Tested it with two known good batteries, same deal.

I'm sure this is a hardware issue (IOS was already upgraded via DFU and whatnot). When turned off completely (via power button) it doesn't drain the battery at all.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Do you resolve this iphone with high consumption on standby ?
Old 10-23-2018, 14:07   #11 (permalink)

Member: 2597826
Thanks Meter: 1
iphone 6 battry drain
change battry same
change u2 same
change tigris ic same
remove vcc main stone same
plz help its urgent
The Following User Says Thank You to NS2016 For This Useful Post: