GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2018, 14:12   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1478117
Thanks Meter: 0
iPhone 6 signal issues

hi I have an iPhone 6 which searches for cellular signal ages then says no network. the imei etc is present in the settings but does not come up when I *#06# from the dialler. the phone was water damaged and has been through the sonic bath although a cheap one and rinsed in isopropanol alcohol. changed the antenna and reflowed baseband ic. no change. I have found r1308 is missing. would that cause signal loss. I thought it was more gyro, compass etc. thanks for any help
Old 02-01-2018, 20:43   #2 (permalink)

Member: 2801832
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkyfix View Post
hi I have an iPhone 6 which searches for cellular signal ages then says no network. the imei etc is present in the settings but does not come up when I *#06# from the dialler. the phone was water damaged and has been through the sonic bath although a cheap one and rinsed in isopropanol alcohol. changed the antenna and reflowed baseband ic. no change. I have found r1308 is missing. would that cause signal loss. I thought it was more gyro, compass etc. thanks for any help
you'll need good skills to remove the modem ic, reball it and under the modem
there are 2 ways which are getting damaged. You just need to make 2 µsolder
operations. You need a good microscope also.
Old 02-01-2018, 21:12   #3 (permalink)

Member: 1478117
thanks for the reply.

is the modem ic any harder to remove than the baseband ic. I only have a cheap microscope £50 off ebay, but I have got by with it so far lol.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:42   #4 (permalink)

Member: 2235761
Thanks Meter: 3
modem ic is the baseband, and yes this ic is difficult to remove/reball without good microscope. But before, try to reflow : U_WTR_RF and U_WFR_RF just in case before try the baseband
Old 02-02-2018, 15:49   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 235325
Sonork: 100.1593552
Thanks Meter: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkyfix View Post
is the modem ic any harder to remove than the baseband ic. I only have a cheap microscope £50 off ebay, but I have got by with it so far lol.
You need a good microscope like is already said.
Do not reheat nothing because you will lose time.
Just remove the baseband like I also did and make wires.