GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2018, 19:22   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2777379
Thanks Meter: 34
Donate money to this user
iPhone 7P no short, doesnt boot.

Hey people.

This is an iPhone 7P (Qualcomm) that won't boot when prompted, it will always remain at 0Amps on the power supply... These are the things I've checked so far.

- I've verified if PP1V8_ALWAYS is present, is it.
- I've checked PP_VCC_MAIN & PP_VCC_BATT, they both have good resistance
and proper voltage
- I've checked the flex connector for the power button(J4504) in diode mode
resistance, this is where it's interesting.
https://gyazo.com/a9f0534c6093b5923cab21e078396698

The resistance to BUTTON_POWER_KEY_CONN_L is Two times lower than what it should be, while it's estimated for 920Ohms, I barely get 400Ohms, as for the other pins, everything matches.

BUTTON_POWER_KEY_CONN_L connects to PP1V8_ALWAYS and the PMIC. This is where I'm at lost for thought, reballing the PMIC is dangerous because of the CPU right underneath, I want to be 100% sure it is the problem, so my question is how can I make sure? are there additional standby voltages I could check?

I am positive this is likely PMIC related, but how to check for sure? thx.
Old 11-08-2018, 19:49   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2777379
Thanks Meter: 34
Donate money to this user
Update : I checked BUTTON_POWER_KEY_CONN_L in voltage mode and I got 124mV, while on a working work it's 1.8V (Connects to PP1V8_ALWAYS)

Yet BUTTON_POWER_KEY_L has 1.8V, and they are both interconnected via R4402 so I will try to replace that resistor and see how it goes.
The Following User Says Thank You to 7Axis For This Useful Post: