GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f631/)
-   -   iPhone 7 Plus no baseband version after water damage (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f631/iphone-7-plus-no-baseband-version-after-water-damage-2487688/)

mandango 10-11-2018 14:10

iPhone 7 Plus no baseband version after water damage

Hi, like commented was water damage, was sulfated just at bottom rear area, up to backlight capacitors anf filters. Changed a filter and capacitor and half backlight issue removed. But still stuck in searching and don't show baseband version, IMEI is OK. Also some times doesn't work the touch.
Rest of the board wasn't sulfated.
Any clue to start measuring/tests? Any trick to check if BBPMU_RF right or the issue withouth removing?
Thanks in advance for any help

christina_ 10-18-2018 01:19

1. you do not know how many layers of board shorted because of water damage.
2. layers you see on top is not only layers, thin layers are below ics they might get burn after water get in.
3. these water damage repairs are hard to fix completely because you fix 1 issue then 2ond isssue comes then you fix 2ond, third issue comes, then 4th and so on, and you keep working for same $$ all time

mandango 10-18-2018 01:54

Rather than under layers I think when be with water or then sulfated some lines are jumped and managed over voltage than designed, due that or overheat side effect get damage any IC or other component. While BB CPU, RAM or CPU are OK I have hope in this case. Don't so bad, just bottom bad lucky like commented, if were sulfated allover I were leave it since beginning. Main issue for me it is the Intel model, ZXW and schematics around bet for Qualcomm one.

Enviado desde mi HTC 10 mediante Tapatalk

sajidmirza 10-18-2018 09:37

@christina is right.If you have zxw tool just check resistance values on all bottom connectors first,if anything abnormal look into that rail.As u have told that damage was only at bottom, in some cases backlight ic's and lcd ic''s are culprit.

ninos22 10-19-2018 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandango (Post 13361023)
Hi, like commented was water damage, was sulfated just at bottom rear area, up to backlight capacitors anf filters. Changed a filter and capacitor and half backlight issue removed. But still stuck in searching and don't show baseband version, IMEI is OK. Also some times doesn't work the touch.
Rest of the board wasn't sulfated.
Any clue to start measuring/tests? Any trick to check if BBPMU_RF right or the issue withouth removing?
Thanks in advance for any help

1. Check 5 BBPMU_RF outputs
PP_VSW_S1 (0.9v)
PP_VSW_S2 (1.25v)
PP_VSW_S3 (1.16v)
PP_VSW_S4 (1.85v)
PP_VSW_S5 (1.01v)

mandango 10-21-2018 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninos22 (Post 13373522)
1. Check 5 BBPMU_RF outputs
PP_VSW_S1 (0.9v)
PP_VSW_S2 (1.25v)
PP_VSW_S3 (1.16v)
PP_VSW_S4 (1.85v)
PP_VSW_S5 (1.01v)

I think you are basing on QCOM model, this is Intel, no clue to follow that lines, BB_PMIC is different as well can't check it comparing the QCOM one

I put what I've measured in the coils next to BB CPU

This is QCOM one
https://snag.gy/V8fgty.jpg

My Intel with some measures
https://snag.gy/DtJRS4.jpg

In the middle of boot time and eventually, with the power supply I appreciate the consume turns crazy for a moment, not sure if is short.

ninos22 10-21-2018 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandango (Post 13375500)
I think you are basing on QCOM model, this is Intel, no clue to follow that lines, BB_PMIC is different as well can't check it comparing the QCOM one.

Yes was from Qualcomm version, so you have to check 4 coils right to BB_CPU, first diode mode, and then volts.

mandango 10-22-2018 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninos22 (Post 13375905)
Yes was from Qualcomm version, so you have to check 4 coils right to BB_CPU, first diode mode, and then volts.

If you mean the 4 one I mentioned the volts before I had compared with other working board and in diode mode the four was similar.

ninos22 10-22-2018 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandango (Post 13376819)
If you mean the 4 one I mentioned the volts before I had compared with other working board and in diode mode the four was similar.

Do you try reballing BB_CPU?

7Axis 10-22-2018 14:34

Don't reball BB_CPU without being 100% sure it's the issue. You'll likely melt the CPU right next to it if you try, and then you'll have to reball CPU, and while reballing CPU you'll likely melt PMIC_RF right underneath it, you may also short the ram(extremely hard to replace without damaging CPU)... This is how you turn a fonctionning board into a useless board 99% of time.

First check your LDO lines powered from the Baseband PMIC, make sure they all have proper voltage, the intel version has a different baseband but you can rely on the Qualcomm version to test your Baseband PMIC voltage rails.

You may need to insert sim card in the iPhone while booted to trigger some of the LDO voltage rails and also check again all of the PP_VSW voltage rails. It's more then likely that the issue is baseband PMIC.

I suggest you should replace the baseband PMIC first, you lose nothing at trying it and it's less risky.