GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones Hardware Repair Area > LCD Refurbish

LCD Refurbish All things related to LCD / Screen refurbish and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2016, 23:56   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2509826
Thanks Meter: 0
Post iphone lcd oca refurbish / repair

hi guys,

ive recently started replacing the glass on iphone 5/5s/5c lcds using oca,
the machines im using are an autoclave and a laminator,
just wanted to see if anyone else on here is doing the same thing,
looking for advice on applying the new polarizer as the old one gets scratched and doesnt look great, look forward and welcome anyone to post anything about oca refurbishing, will be good to share tips and advice, thanks
Old 01-03-2016, 01:29   #2 (permalink)

Member: 972873
Thanks Meter: 6
What exactly do you need to know?

We use a "polarizer removal machine" that has a long blade. It cuts into polarizer and peels it off.

If you're doing OCA you must replace polarizer every time.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:08   #3 (permalink)

Member: 2509826
I can remove it easily by just peeling off, takes a few mins, I'm just wondering what's the best way to apply new polarizer, I'm still waiting for them to arrive, up until now I've never replaced the polarizer, some have tiny marks and some are perfect, I want them all to be perfect, is the polarizer easy to apply? If so what's your method? Thanks
Old 01-14-2016, 21:01   #4 (permalink)

Member: 1570234
Thanks Meter: 1
Noooo

I don't always remove the polorizer depends on the glue that has been used previous but I am having some issues I will post my 'post' I have written and waiting on some help using the conductive paste

Hi
Been using my machines a week now, on some I just remove the oca and keep the old polorizeer on. Some remove both.

Issues when removing both on 5/5c/5s bottom of the screen works fine until I add the oca and glass

I have the metal pulp but can't find where to put it.

6 is easier as no touch issues but the odd bubbles etc, what settings do everyone use on the attached machines

Any help would be great

Cheers and thanks in advance

I can't attach any pics for some reason so I can't post one of the machines I'm using lol
The Following User Says Thank You to evans_16 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2016, 21:10   #5 (permalink)

Sent from my SM-T335 using Tapatalk

Last edited by .:SARCAR:.; 02-08-2017 at 19:58. Reason: double post /merge
Old 01-14-2016, 23:42   #6 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1274866
Thanks Meter: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by talon223 View Post
What exactly do you need to know?

We use a "polarizer removal machine" that has a long blade. It cuts into polarizer and peels it off.

If you're doing OCA you must replace polarizer every time.
why must you remove polariser everytime? I don't? unless badly damaged or torn on separation?
The Following User Says Thank You to leeno382 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2016, 23:44   #7 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeneilan View Post
I can remove it easily by just peeling off, takes a few mins, I'm just wondering what's the best way to apply new polarizer, I'm still waiting for them to arrive, up until now I've never replaced the polarizer, some have tiny marks and some are perfect, I want them all to be perfect, is the polarizer easy to apply? If so what's your method? Thanks
I find it easier to apply polariser by hand as using the film laminating machine is quite tricky on the polariser side of things, the oca is good to use on film laminating machine only
Old 01-14-2016, 23:47   #8 (permalink)

I just get touch issues with 5/5c/5s as it takes the metal conductor strip off from the top

Old 01-14-2016, 23:47   #9 (permalink)

What temp do you have the mchine

Old 01-15-2016, 01:53   #10 (permalink)

Member: 1528213
I always removed the polarizer because 7 out of 10 time polarizer would have scratches and scratches are visible after laminating the glass.
If anyone know a way to avoid scratches on the polarizer, please share your experience or idea. Thanks
Old 01-15-2016, 04:56   #11 (permalink)

Member: 1528213
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeneilan View Post
hi guys,

ive recently started replacing the glass on iphone 5/5s/5c lcds using oca,
the machines im using are an autoclave and a laminator,
just wanted to see if anyone else on here is doing the same thing,
looking for advice on applying the new polarizer as the old one gets scratched and doesnt look great, look forward and welcome anyone to post anything about oca refurbishing, will be good to share tips and advice, thanks
lukeneilan, i started off replacement like you did(without removing the polarizer), but too many scratches and thus decided to remove polarizer when refurbishing.
The problem with removal of polarizer is some of iPhone 5/5c/5s screen will result in static issue(ghost typing). I am currently trying to use conductive silver but result is still unknown.
Old 01-21-2016, 13:55   #12 (permalink)

Member: 2245338
Thanks Meter: 4
Hi,

When you change the iPhone 6 polarized film, and put the new one, do you have touchscreen issues?
Like push harder, lack of touchscreen sensitivity?
Which kind of polarized film your supplier sold to you?

Thanks
Old 01-24-2016, 22:24   #13 (permalink)
Insane Poster

anyone use a glue removal machine?? i am thinking if investing in one? either the manual one with a blade or the roller type? any suggestions? thank you
Old 02-06-2016, 00:42   #14 (permalink)

Member: 574657
We have an glue/polarizator removal machine and it works on iphone 4/4s/5/5s/5c/6/6+ and samsung screens very good. Butt you still need to separate the LCD from the frame and remove the broken glass by hand. It is the most secure way that you dont break the LCD.

We are allways putting a new polarized film. It always has scratsches and microscopical damages on it and is no good in the laminator or bubble remover.

Also the machine comes with mulds for placing the iphone frame to the new lcd.

The heats we use are 85oC for heating up the complete LCD with the frame, then remove it from the frame, and put the broken glass and lcd back on 85oC and separate the LCD.

When the LCD is separated, we place it again on the heater to 85oC and the top razor blade knife is on 180oC. When you cutt into the polarized film it comes down like a hot butter knife through butter

Note: If you separating Iphone screens try with the backlight and without it. Without it is much easier butt you need a new one (the old one is trash). For Samsung LCDs, we tryed with, and without the cooper shield... It depends. If the couper is very much damadged we remove it, if not we do it with.

For Sony and LG we havent tryed it yet.

Hope it helped.

Last edited by djohum; 02-06-2016 at 00:43. Reason: Mistyping
Old 03-14-2016, 07:54   #15 (permalink)

Member: 2545607
Hi All,

I have the AK 2 in 1 OCA laminating machine. When I run the machine it is set for 10 mins. The pressure in the chamber is set for 90 PSI. After a few mins to pressure goes down to 60-70 psi and then down to 40 psi after about 5 mins. I talked with the manifactuior and they said this is normal. I find that hard to believe, i figure the machine should hold its constant pressure for the whole 10 mins. Has anyone else had this issue at all?

if you have a different machine what pressure do you run it at and does it hold that pressure constant?

thanks