GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2014, 22:07   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2218477
Thanks Meter: 0
My iPhone 5S is totally dead

Hey guys! Just signed up in the forum. I hope you can help me.

Well, I bought an iPhone 5S three weeks ago but I broke the carger that goes with the phone. The cable worked 4 days so I bought a cheap cable (It wasn't actually cheap. I live in Venezuela and there aren't original cables in stores and even the cheap/3rd party ones are really expensive). It said "This accesory may not be supported" so I found a way to make it work, plug the cable into the iphone, turning off the phone and wait for it to charge. It charged like 30% or so and when it totally drained the phone won't charge at all. It doesn't even show the charging symbol so it's totally dead.

I read information in a lot of places- They told me to put the device in DFU mode... didn't work. I thought that the battery was so drained that I had to wait a whole day and wait it to charge... it didn't. A friend of mine with an iPhone 5 lend me her original cable, it didn't work. An iPhone 5C original cable didn't work either (which I guess it's the same lightning cable but it was worth the try)

So it doesn't charge even with original cables so it could be my lightning/headset port OR the battery. As you may know, there is not Apple Stores here either, only 3rd party repair stores but I'm afraid I lose my "warranty". So I drove 3 hours to the store I bought the iPhone and the seller told me I had to sent the phone via DHL to the company who brought the phone to my country (which isn't Apple). I don't want to since it scares me to never see my phone again.

I read somewhere I could be the "U2 IC chip" but I'm not sure either.

What can I do? What do you think it's exactly the problem?
**Sorry if you didn't understand some words, english is not my main language.
Old 07-07-2014, 22:23   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1726910
Sonork: 100.1623945
Thanks Meter: 41
99% u2 ic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2014, 22:41   #3 (permalink)

Member: 2218477
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by janzir View Post
99% u2 ic

if that's the case, does it have a solution?

i read somewhere that if i change the battery the phone would work again ... BUT when it drains it will stop working
Old 07-25-2014, 00:32   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1726910
Sonork: 100.1623945
Thanks Meter: 41
Yes yes...
It can be replaced