GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 22:49   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1676326
Thanks Meter: 1
Need replacement for L18_RF

Hello all

The white diplexer (L18_RF) in my Iphone 4G broke off, and the pins on the filter is damaged, so they are not able to reach the PCB if resoldering, and I now have low wifi signal.

Where can I buy a replacement part?

Thank you

Stokholm
Old 01-13-2013, 05:18   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1839857
Thanks Meter: 46
Hello Stokholm.
It is a Murat diplexer used to multiplex one signal into two signals with different frequency-bands. On the iPhone it lets you use one antenna for both GPS and WiFi - pretty clever!
Partnumber, as you probably know, is LFD181G57DPFC087 which means that the diplexer is from Murat's LFD18_DPF Series. This part is insanely hard to locate! According to the schematic:
http://www.murata.com/products/catal...k99e_l0334.pdf

the pin configuration is as follows:
pin 1 - Lower frequency port (input 1)
pin 2 - Ground
pin 3 - Higher frequency port (input 2)
pin 4 - Ground
pin 5 - Common port (output)
pin 6 - Ground

What this means is that you could basically just jump pin 1, 3 and 5 and you would get both your WiFi and GPS signal strength back. Of course this would remove the filtering effect, but unless you are able to find a 0603 (1.6x0.8mm) package diplexer with the same pin configuration and low frequency range of 1.575GHz and high frequency range of 2.450GHz, this is problably your best option.
If you don't care about GPS, just jump pin 3 and 5, and your WiFi will have no problem with strength!

However, if you manage to locate a replacement part, please link in this thread friend. Thanks.
Jon.
The Following User Says Thank You to jegerjon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2013, 17:31   #3 (permalink)

Thank you very much for this great piece of info.

It is great that I can make a jumper, however I think I will try to connect the broken pins on my diplexer. Will it work if I only connect the diplexer's pin 1, 3 and 5 and let 2,4 and 6 be without connection, or do they need grounding for the diplexer to work?
Old 01-13-2013, 21:01   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1839857
Thanks Meter: 46
If your could connect the old diplexer, this would of course be the best way to go.

You defiantly need to connect one of the ground pins (just one of them). Other vice the filtering circuit inside the diplexer wont have any reference point.

Good luck and let me know how it turns out.
Jon.
Old 02-21-2013, 20:03   #5 (permalink)

I finally managed to get the time for making the operation.

The filter was not suitable for repair, so I made the jumper between pin 1, pin 3 and pin 5 instead.

To get a little more space for soldering I scraped a little of the coating from the pin 3 connection and made the connection there.

Now I got full signal and a GPS that works! Yippi. I haven't noticed any interferrence, but I only seldomly use WiFi and GPS at the same time.

Hope this will help someone else missing the L18_RF

The Following User Says Thank You to Stokholm For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2014, 00:19   #6 (permalink)

Member: 2167485
Thanks Meter: 0
Hello

i am having the same problem with white l18

problem is there is no l18 on board

is it possible that l18 cause no wifi search for signal ?
Old 09-05-2015, 16:51   #7 (permalink)

Member: 2454016
Thanks Meter: 0
Hello. I have an iPhone 4. It works but shows a pretty black screen. I compared the board with a working one and i noticed that the black square IC right over the L18_RF. How can I fix this?