GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2017, 17:32   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2682123
Thanks Meter: 0
Stumped By iPhone 6 Reboot Loop

Guys, I'm running into a problem with my iPhone and it seems like I've tried everything to no avail. Would really appreciate more troubleshooting ideas. I tried using the search function but I may have missed a similar thread.

Phone Information
  • Model: iPhone 6 (A1549) 64GB
  • Carrier: Verizon
  • Operating System: Latest iOS (no jailbreak)

Problem Symptoms
  • Press power button, Apple logo appears for a few seconds then screen goes black and the process restarts.
  • If left alone, process will repeat for about 10 minutes before the cycle breaks and the screen stays dimly backlit for hours.
  • After a few hours the dimly backlit screen will drain the battery and phone will shut off.
  • Pressing power button now will show the dead battery screen indicating to plug phone in to recharge.
  • Once plugged in, phone will recharge and boot back up to start the whole thing over again.

Problem Origin
  • I broke screen a few weeks ago and replaced the LCD/Digitizer with a new one from Amazon.
  • New screen seemed to be working perfectly fine for weeks.
  • I noticed battery was draining faster after new screen installation and proximity sensor stopped working.
  • Suspecting damage to the front camera assembly while switching it to new screen I ordered a new assembly from Amazon.
  • Phone was working fine until this point; This is what I did the day my phone died:
  • Turned phone off.
  • Disconnected battery connecter.
  • Disconnected screen.
  • Switched out front camera assembly.
  • Reversed process and powered up.
  • Phone has been stuck in this reboot cycle since then.

Troubleshooting
  • First thing I tried was simply going back with old camera assembly. That changed nothing; phone will power on, show log for a few seconds then restart.
  • Tried starting with the camera assembly completely disconnected and nothing changed.
  • Tried starting with nothing but LCD screen connected (no digitizer, no front assembly, no home button) and nothing changed.
  • Disconnected battery and tried starting while plugged in to charger. Phone got stuck in reboot cycle again as if nothing changed with battery out.
  • Let battery completely die until phone indicating that it needs to be plugged in to charge. Then I left it on the charger overnight. It recharged, powered back up and loop started again.
  • Replaced battery with a new battery and nothing changed. Tried a third battery, nothing changed.
  • Took phone apart down to logic board to see if I had accidentally disconnected something and brushed all connectors before I reassembled. No change.
  • Updated iTunes then plugged in my phone to see if I can get a firmware update. As the process starts phone reboots and gets stuck in loop again. iTunes says I should do a restore.
  • Tried manual firmware update by holding shift while clicking "Update" in iTunes and used the latest firmware file which I had already downloaded. As soon as update process starts phone reboots and gets stuck in loop again.
  • Started restore process in iTunes acknowledging that it will wipe all my data. As soon as restore process starts phone reboots and gets stuck in loop again.
  • I can put phone in DFU mode and then kick it out of DFU mode using Tenoshare's ReiBoot. I have not tried using ReiBoot pro which claims it can fix this issue but reviews looked shady.
  • Swallowed pride and took phone in to a repair shop (not Apple Store). They said they have no new ideas beyond what I tried.

I am completely out of ideas. If you have any suggestions that may save my phone I would love to hear them; will ship beer for an idea that works!
Old 02-07-2017, 18:40   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2332350
Thanks Meter: 15
You need to check if you didnt damage the pcb while changing the lcd. Also you will have to check screw holes with microscope to see if you didnt make any screw damage to board layers.
Old 02-08-2017, 14:32   #3 (permalink)
orx
No Life Poster

Member: 1825965
Thanks Meter: 874
hi

you problem seems to be charging ic alias U2 ( for IPH.6 <U1700>) and / or Q1701 ..replace U1700 and test starting with battery to zero charge.
Old 02-15-2017, 19:15   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orx View Post
hi

you problem seems to be charging ic alias U2 ( for IPH.6 <U1700>) and / or Q1701 ..replace U1700 and test starting with battery to zero charge.
Thanks, Orx. I've been doing some reading to make sure I understand what you're saying. Can the Charging IC be the cause even through the battery seems to discharge and charge normally? I can leave the phone stuck in restart loop until the battery dies and phone indicates that I need to plug in. If I plug in for 10-15 minutes the phone will restart.
Old 02-15-2017, 22:19   #5 (permalink)
orx
No Life Poster

Member: 1825965
Thanks Meter: 874
hi

usb / charging IC , in your case after replace dock and battery is the successive step .
Battery with quick discharge e request of to connect power charge can to be the symptom.
Old 02-20-2017, 18:20   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orx View Post
hi

usb / charging IC , in your case after replace dock and battery is the successive step .
Battery with quick discharge e request of to connect power charge can to be the symptom.
I already replaced the battery. Are you suggesting I replace the lightning connector next?
Old 09-08-2017, 07:54   #7 (permalink)

Member: 2755514
Here are 3 options to fix iPhone Stuck in Boot Loop:

1. Checking the battery connector
2. Putting your iPhone into Recovery Mode
3. Upgrade and restore your iPhone with iTunes.
4. Using iMyFone iOS System Recovery.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:21   #8 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 2753739
Thanks Meter: 7
1- change lcd
2- change U2 IC
3- new battery
Disconnect ( charger dock - all cameras cables )
Turn on

I hope the BCP is fine
Old 09-12-2017, 10:53   #9 (permalink)

iPhone Stuck in Boot Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobt1995 View Post
Here are 3 options to fix iPhone Stuck in Boot Loop:

1. Checking the battery connector
2. Putting your iPhone into Recovery Mode
3. Upgrade and restore your iPhone with iTunes.
4. Using iMyFone iOS System Recovery.
Hope that it will be helpful for you!
Old 09-12-2017, 11:45   #10 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 2744654
Thanks Meter: 15
Try to change tristar (u1700) it is not a charger itself, it is usb controller (and only it)
Old 02-04-2018, 22:30   #11 (permalink)

Member: 1567286
Thanks Meter: 1
i have same problem on a device too
Old 03-03-2018, 21:07   #12 (permalink)

Member: 2716819
you should try the logic board in known good housing with known good battery etc , if problem persists then you have a logic board problem , check the board for visible damage under microscope , the phone is boot looping so is not getting the message to turn on tristar is the usual culprit but can be anything on that line , so change tristar which is quite a simple process then take it from there good luck
Old 03-03-2018, 22:50   #13 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1903358
Thanks Meter: 146
Donate money to this user
This symptoms they refer to error 9/4013/4014

Possible i2c communication problem (CPU to NAND), or NAND corrupt.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:23   #14 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 2797527
Thanks Meter: 4
The reasons, like wrong update, device jailbreak and battery problem, can cause this iOS issue. If you want to fix iPhone stuck in boot loop, you might as well simply force restart, use iTunes, or repair with iOS system recovery or something else, like Volumn Up trick, etc. Hope you can get out of this trouble soon.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:05   #15 (permalink)

Here are different solutions to fix iPhone stuck in boot loop issue.

If these solutions are not workable for you, try iOS System Recovery program.