GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > RIFF Box Team > RIFFBOX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 10:05   #1 (permalink)

Member: 338928
Thanks Meter: 0
i9000 Repair at a local Shop and Corrupt IMEI

OK i brought my i9000 to this repair shop and gave it to him to JTAG it as it was completely dead! It was my own fault as i was messing with the bootloaders..

Anyway this guy fixed it using RIFF JTAG,the phone is starting just fine,but he told me on phone tht he is facing 2-3 problems...

1) Phone Restarts after entering Android Home screen.(Usually within 1 mins)
2) Phone is not catching SIM CARD signals!
3) And he mentioned tht whn he checks the IMEI of the phone,it doesnt show any IMEI,says tht IMEI seems corrupt!

Now I jst wanna ask the experts where the problem could be? Was JTAG'ing not done successfully? Or Is this a ROM related problem,as he said he used Stock ROM on it... OR is it a Hardware issue? How can it be a hardware issue when the phone had absolutely no hardware issues before i destroyed its Bootloader!?

Please help!
Old 02-25-2011, 10:28   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 61389
Thanks Meter: 193
if the nvm data corrupt the phone imei was gone
try to flash with pached spt or z3x modem and rewrite the imei, if work you are lucky. And use the search button we talk about this problem many time
Old 02-25-2011, 11:25   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodge View Post
if the nvm data corrupt the phone imei was gone
try to flash with pached spt or z3x modem and rewrite the imei, if work you are lucky. And use the search button we talk about this problem many time
How does the nvm data gets corrupted? wat does nvm stand for anyway? Do u think this must've happened during repair by this guy?
Old 02-25-2011, 15:51   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

that's the problem somewhat more complicated.
The first question is why destroyed the bootloader? If you tryning cooked modified rom you can kill the nvm. You. Just you.

if the shop guy repaired with the riff and he just simply rewrite the boot area not too much chance to destroy the nvm cca. 2%

if he was many-many time he can rewite the whole flash including the nvm but via jtag is very slow cca. 1.5-2 hour.
Old 02-25-2011, 18:58   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodge View Post
that's the problem somewhat more complicated.
The first question is why destroyed the bootloader? If you tryning cooked modified rom you can kill the nvm. You. Just you.

if the shop guy repaired with the riff and he just simply rewrite the boot area not too much chance to destroy the nvm cca. 2%

if he was many-many time he can rewite the whole flash including the nvm but via jtag is very slow cca. 1.5-2 hour.
Well he is saying that the phone is working fine,its just tht its not catching any signals(sim locked),and tht IMEI is not being shown,i.e. Blank or NULL!
So any idea wat can be done now? Plz help!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:18   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

read my first post, thats all
Old 02-28-2011, 09:22   #7 (permalink)
Cheater -Don't Deal with him-

Member: 172434
Sonork: 100.161280
Thanks Meter: 577
As for signal issues, that phone can be crazy atimes, but stock roms will do better for network cus they have better modem